THE NEW TAURUS

oac bodyboy

Now, something like Mustang is an exception. If it works with the design/is a main cue (like Mustang), then I generally will agree with the 'upper' foglight placement. But other vehicles, I don't care for it.

I understand it's a historical Mustang styling cue but I still don't like it on a modern car.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I got too many "high beam flashes" when I had the fogs on with my Mazda6. I hear the same thing happens with 2005+ Mustang GT owners.

I really don't have to worry about it in my Mazda6. The fuse for my foglamps burns out after a couple of weeks every time I replace it anyways. :hysterical:

Wow! This is good enough to pull out the old Taurus jingle!

TAURUS Now there’s an American car with the shape and the feel we’ve never seen before.

TAURUS Now there is a personal car that has exactly what we’ve been looking for.

For all of us who will not compromise, Ford listened, Ford created Taurus for us.

For US

TAURUS for US!

TAURUS for US!

Have you driven a Ford…lately?

With this new Taurus such a fine car, can we now put the :redcard: out to pasture?

No.

I am still grouchy about this thing not saying "Ford" in any real way. It's a pretty anonymous design.

But it's just peachy for Lincoln to get away from the "Town Car" nameplate which carries more weight that "Lincoln"......

"In a lot of ways, the Town Car isn't a Lincoln anymore," Schirmer says. "It's a Town Car, not a Lincoln Town Car. People say, 'What did you get picked up in at the airport today?' And the answer is, 'a Town Car.' They don't even say 'Lincoln.' "

Source

And on to the new Taurus, I know this thread has been one big:

skeetskeet.gif

...session but allow the ol' Master to interject some reality:

The bad:

1. Damn those A/C vents and center console are mammoth sized. I thought the center console in the Five Hundread was huge, this thing looks like an end-table with a shifter.

2. The a$$ end looks weird, primarily in the rear quarter panels, and what's with the :redcard: esque rear overhang everybody on here loves to hate?

3. I'm glad they got away from the Gillette grille but what's up with the cheese grater grille instead?

4. FWDFTL

The good:

1. Nice job utilizing the Interceptor taillights.

2. The front fascia/clip looks fantastic, best looking possibly since the previous gen Acura TL that they just ruined for '09.

3. Aside from the acres of center console, dash looks great, nice touch with the wood BTW.

4. Very nice stance overall for the car, hard to accomplish (I think) with a FWD platform.

I guess you can dump enough money into a old platform over and over again to make an attractive product....who knew? [/sarcasm]

We now return you to your previous (look down) without further interuption.

skeetskeet.gif

Edited by Armada Master

This isn't a

skeetskeet.gif

...session.

It's simply enjoying a GOOD product. When all even you can find to complain about is some detail in the grille and the size of the HVAC vents, Ford may be on to something.

Don't feed it, Nick.

Oh, and by the way, Richard has been trolling again...

:hysterical:

While I'm not sure why Mullay cried at this, it is a very handsome car...now bring out the SHO and if we can get the egoboost to give us the same MPG numbers as the standard V6, I'll have a check for one come 2012 or so

Maybe he was crying over how much money it cost to make the Five Hundred the car it should have been in the first place.

Browsing through other automotive websites, it's amazing the positive things that are being said suddenly not only about the new Taurus (P apparently has nothing to say at AB), but about Ford in general.

The last two weeks have really been amazing for Ford in the PR dept. The complete 180 degree turnaround in the press is astounding. It's almost as much fun to read the positive comments as it is to read the article. I recall in one column I read today the author stated: "Of course Ford is going to have great reliability, safety, and is the industry leader in technology and powertrains." WTF!!!!

I have a feeling that my patience <obstinence> with Ford is going to pay off. Should be a great year!

Maybe someone with photoshop "skillz" can add the brightwork from the Interceptor that runs along the rocker line to the Taurus. That bit of chrome could possibly aid in making the Taurus appear a bit sleeker and less tall in conjunction with the darker bottom edging. Just a thought that came to mind after looking at the above side-by-side.

I'm still undecided on the design. . . it's an improvement, for sure, but I'm tending to agree with Richard right now. I really want to have that feeling I had in the 90s when something would come out and you'd say, "That's a FORD!" I'm seeing too much Toyota in the front and overall shape and new Accord in the side creases. But. . . I'm reserving FINAL judgment until I see it in person.

Having said that, here's The New York Times short take:

HOW’S IT LOOK? Imagine the product of forbidden love involving the Chevrolet Impala and the Chrysler Sebring. That’s it.

I'm still undecided on the design. . . it's an improvement, for sure, but I'm tending to agree with Richard right now. I really want to have that feeling I had in the 90s when something would come out and you'd say, "That's a FORD!" I'm seeing too much Toyota in the front and overall shape and new Accord in the side creases. But. . . I'm reserving FINAL judgment until I see it in person.

Having said that, here's The New York Times short take:

Normally, the easiest way to identify a Ford in the 90's was to follow the trail of parts it left on the road behind it.

For Ford global customers IMO new Taurus is very "Ford", especially exterior front and side panels. Interior not so much, as it is very USA looking, and the rear treatment reminds me of some of the finer USA Fords from the late 60's. First thoughts were 69 Falcon Futura and 69 Galaxie.

Me too, and the Interceptor, natch.