Even Autoblog agrees...

Yeah, it's ugly and has nowhere near the creature features of the Mustang. Heck, the Mustang even has a back-up camera and SAFETY FEATURES!!! The Camaro is an example of how Ford USE to treat the Mustang, a car built do do only one thing, now it's part of the family with all the features and options you can get in other Fords of that price range.

Still, the Camaro will spank the Mustang on the track...until next year :).

Yea, but you still have to get into it, to drive it to the track. Yuck.

I showed my husband a picture of the new Camaro. He is a HUGE 1st gen fan. He thought the car looked like a cartoon. I then showed him a picture of the interior............... and he started laughing. He thought it was pathetic that GM tried to emulate an interior from the 60's................. that sucked in the 60's.

To take design cues off of a retro interior, like Ford did with the dual cowl look, is one thing. To make a modern "copy" of the original, which sucked, sucks.

Hopefully the console guages don't have any information that you actually need to use.

Well, according to Christopher Lowell, they are called "portable palaces"...

Yeah the interior is an ergonomic nightmare, and the materials seem to be produced by Mattel. I guess they had to cut corners somehow but if thats the case, a less shocking interior would have distracted the driver from noticing the cheap materials.

I understand that a lot of the interior styling cues were done to look retro, but the line should have been drawn somewhere as it looks totally out of balance.

- Gauges do not belong at the bottom of the center stack near the shifter, even if they are non-essential to driving

- I also don't understand that wall of dash on the passenger side, it gives the interior an incomplete look and looks cheap. GM apparently thought it was a great idea so they styled the Lacrosse's interior in the same fashion

I truly hope that some last minute changes are made, heck as long as this car has been visible to the public GM should have had ample time to adjust potential customer complaints.

The interior of the camaro is hideous. I like the exterior but jeez the inside is just aweful. Nice work F body father who is so cocky and arrogant. You screwed the pouch on this one. Be damned the ls3 this interior sucks. Dont look over your shoulder Scott because the 5.0 is coming and your going to eat your words.

Yea, but you still have to get into it, to drive it to the track. Yuck.

I showed my husband a picture of the new Camaro. He is a HUGE 1st gen fan. He thought the car looked like a cartoon. I then showed him a picture of the interior............... and he started laughing. He thought it was pathetic that GM tried to emulate an interior from the 60's................. that sucked in the 60's.

To take design cues off of a retro interior, like Ford did with the dual cowl look, is one thing. To make a modern "copy" of the original, which sucked, sucks.

Hopefully the console guages don't have any information that you actually need to use.

The whole thing reminds me of the '80s Baretta when GM decided to put all the radios in a separate little box. The console gauges were a stupid idea on the '67-'69 Camaro which is why they put them in front of the driver in '70. You might as well put them in the glove box.

Yeah, it's ugly and has nowhere near the creature features of the Mustang. Heck, the Mustang even has a back-up camera and SAFETY FEATURES!!! The Camaro is an example of how Ford USE to treat the Mustang, a car built do do only one thing, now it's part of the family with all the features and options you can get in other Fords of that price range.

Still, the Camaro will spank the Mustang on the track...until next year :).

don't be so sure....SRA has proven itself on the track already.........

Actually, I think the gauges on the floor are kind of cool....

But that's just because it's unusual.

I'm going to guess that they'll be impossible to keep clean and will end up pitted and stained by overzealous use of Armor All in many cars.

Ah well, at least its a washout interior. You'll be able to spritz Stetson cologne on everything, in order to impress the ratted out bleach blonde with the cellulite, the Daisy Dukes, and the nicotine stain 'tan' on her face, teeth, and fingers down at the local Top Hat saloon where you can buy 16 oz cans of Pabst for $2.50, and the peanuts are free--but one guy caught an STD from them. Or at least that's what he told his wife.

I mean, pardon me if that's a bit gross, but this is a gross car.

Edited by RichardJensen

Actually, I think the gauges on the floor are kind of cool....

But that's just because it's unusual.

I'm going to guess that they'll be impossible to keep clean and will end up pitted and stained by overzealous use of Armor All in many cars.

Ah well, at least its a washout interior. You'll be able to spritz Stetson cologne on everything, in order to impress the ratted out bleach blonde with the cellulite, the Daisy Dukes, and the nicotine stain 'tan' on her face, teeth, and fingers down at the local Top Hat saloon where you can buy 16 oz cans of Pabst for $2.50, and the peanuts are free--but one guy caught an STD from them. Or at least that's what he told his wife.

I mean, pardon me if that's a bit gross, but this is a gross car.

don't forget to drive around in a tartan stinky sweat laden bush shirt with a greasy backwards Baseball cap, unkempt Mullet ,swigging a half full Schlitz burning rubber screaming "YEHAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW! " spraying bystanders with oily gravel as they witness you fading into the distance complete with personalized licence plate that reads CHUCKY2..... hmmm, which leads me to question....what was playing on the radio....

don't forget to drive around in a tartan stinky sweat laden bush shirt with a greasy backwards Baseball cap, unkempt Mullet ,swigging a half full Schlitz burning rubber screaming "YEHAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW! " spraying bystanders with oily gravel as they witness you fading into the distance complete with personalized licence plate that reads CHUCKY2..... hmmm, which leads me to question....what was playing on the radio....

REO Speedwagon

It's not tartan, man, it's plaid--

So you're wearing your plaid button down shirt with the sleeves torn off, and the haircut you gave yourself by simply cutting away anything that was hanging in your face... You're wearing your favorite hat which optionally has a camo print on it, and has either a lewd slogan on it, or an advertisement for an alcoholic beverage (or smokeless tobacco).

What's on the radio? Well, mon ami, it depends on whether or not you're trying to romance the little lady.

If you've got your favorite petite sweetie with the halter top that looks like a bandanna, too much eye-makeup, and day-glo pink lipstick, well, you're listening to the Marshall Tucker band.

If you're by yourself, well, you're listening to Freebird by Skynnrd.

If you're with one of the guys on a beer run, it's either "Flirtin' with Disaster" or "Boys are Back in Town"

---

Yep, that's you with the too tight Levis, the tan work boots, and the farmer tan. The fat fat checkbook crammed with receipts that bulges out of your back pocket. Back at your apartment, you're using posters of women holding beer that you bought at Spencer Gifts as decorations. Maybe the women are wearing clothes in the posters, but if they are, it's either wildly inappropriate for the task at hand (e.g. referee's stripes as a bikini top), or missing essential components (e.g. bikini top OR bottom, never both).

The brown carpet on the floor of your living room is littered with the stuff that food comes in (peanut & sunflower shells, pizza boxes, beer cans), and your sink is impossibly full. You have at least one bottle of ketchup open and on the counter, and your garbage has established new suburbs on the outskirts of the garbage can.

Inside the fridge there's enough fungus to keep the CDC busy for months, and the only thing you've got that's edible are hot dogs.

Which leads us to your microwave.

Thanks to your belief that covering the stuff you microwave means you're a sissy, the walls of the microwave are coated with small congealed droplets of hotdog grease.

Somewhere there is an unpopped package of microwave popcorn and your freezer has hotpockets, taquitoes, and ice in it.

It was defrosted once, but that was before you moved in.

Your underwear is hanging off your vacuum cleaner, and most of your wardrobe is on the floor surrounding your bed. You have clean socks, but that's because you just bought them from Wal-mart

The bathroom............. Well, perhaps we ought not venture there. You've got your aftershave and your AXE body wash, and an assortment of towels (no two alike), and a toilet that was once cleaned, but like the freezer, that was before you moved in.

The area behind the toilet is at risk of being declared a SuperFund site by the EPA--and is filthier than that piece of land on the edge of town where they used to make car batteries.

The sink has lots and lots of toothpaste stains in it, because, hey, you've got to brush your teeth at least once a week (right before you go to the bar).

Laundry? That gets done whenever your mom calls up and asks if you need to do it at her house. In the mean time, buy more clothes.

You fail to see the point in washing sheets, and (accordingly) they have acquired a slimy texture not unlike the inside of your microwave.

You did make your bed once, but it was so long ago that you can't remember when it was exactly, and if you were in high school or middle school at the time.

You've got one or more towels hung over the windows in place of curtains. They're beach towels and they're advertising something.

When you go to bed at night you gaze up at the sock hanging from the ceiling fan and think to yourself, "I suppose I should take that down one of these days" but you never will............................................

Edited by RichardJensen

It's not tartan, man, it's plaid--

So you're wearing your plaid button down shirt with the sleeves torn off, and the haircut you gave yourself by simply cutting away anything that was hanging in your face... You're wearing your favorite hat which optionally has a camo print on it, and has either a lewd slogan on it, or an advertisement for an alcoholic beverage (or smokeless tobacco).

What's on the radio? Well, mon ami, it depends on whether or not you're trying to romance the little lady.

If you've got your favorite petite sweetie with the halter top that looks like a bandanna, too much eye-makeup, and day-glo pink lipstick, well, you're listening to the Marshall Tucker band.

If you're by yourself, well, you're listening to Freebird by Skynnrd.

If you're with one of the guys on a beer run, it's either "Flirtin' with Disaster" or "Boys are Back in Town"

---

Yep, that's you with the too tight Levis, the tan work boots, and the farmer tan. The fat fat checkbook crammed with receipts that bulges out of your back pocket. Back at your apartment, you're using posters of women holding beer that you bought at Spencer Gifts as decorations. Maybe the women are wearing clothes in the posters, but if they are, it's either wildly inappropriate for the task at hand (e.g. referee's stripes as a bikini top), or missing essential components (e.g. bikini top OR bottom, never both).

The brown carpet on the floor of your living room is littered with the stuff that food comes in (peanut & sunflower shells, pizza boxes, beer cans), and your sink is impossibly full. You have at least one bottle of ketchup open and on the counter, and your garbage has established new suburbs on the outskirts of the garbage can.

Inside the fridge there's enough fungus to keep the CDC busy for months, and the only thing you've got that's edible are hot dogs.

Which leads us to your microwave.

Thanks to your belief that covering the stuff you microwave means you're a sissy, the walls of the microwave are coated with small congealed droplets of hotdog grease.

Somewhere there is an unpopped package of microwave popcorn and your freezer has hotpockets, taquitoes, and ice in it.

It was defrosted once, but that was before you moved in.

Your underwear is hanging off your vacuum cleaner, and most of your wardrobe is on the floor surrounding your bed. You have clean socks, but that's because you just bought them from Wal-mart

The bathroom............. Well, perhaps we ought not venture there. You've got your aftershave and your AXE body wash, and an assortment of towels (no two alike), and a toilet that was once cleaned, but like the freezer, that was before you moved in.

The area behind the toilet is at risk of being declared a SuperFund site by the EPA--and is filthier than that piece of land on the edge of town where they used to make car batteries.

The sink has lots and lots of toothpaste stains in it, because, hey, you've got to brush your teeth at least once a week (right before you go to the bar).

Laundry? That gets done whenever your mom calls up and asks if you need to do it at her house. In the mean time, buy more clothes.

You fail to see the point in washing sheets, and (accordingly) they have acquired a slimy texture not unlike the inside of your microwave.

You did make your bed once, but it was so long ago that you can't remember when it was exactly, and if you were in high school or middle school at the time.

You've got one or more towels hung over the windows in place of curtains. They're beach towels and they're advertising something.

When you go to bed at night you gaze up at the sock hanging from the ceiling fan and think to yourself, "I suppose I should take that down one of these days" but you never will............................................

oh my.....LMAO....the segue Richard has been dreaming about.... :hysterical: FOR YEARS! LOL! POTW there Rich. priceless...and sadly real......

Edited by Deanh

LMAO !!!!

Man, oh man................... did that create a mental picture, or what !!!!

About the only thing you left out, was the pizza bones, or sandwich crusts, that have been collecting under the bed, since he moved in.

God................ that reminds me of my first boyfriend. AUGH !!!! (he only ended up stalking me for 15 years)