Fusion - Accord - Mazda 6 Comparo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those idiots compared an SE, low level Fusion against a top of the line Accord, then compared the interriors.

Stupid.

However, I do agree with their thoughts on the Fusion's exterior styling.

It was stupid, and not only that the Accord barely outperformed the Fusion. If it weren't for stability control, the Fusion probably would have gone through the cones a little faster. Never mind the fact that the Accord braked the same as the Fusion and achieved the same fuel economy. What makes matters worse.....

- The Accord is gutless when it comes to midrange passing

- It's louder at 70 and WOT than the Fusion

On Ford's side, the electric steering requires some work. There should also be a manual SEL, just because you want a manual does not mean you want a basic machine either.

SINCE WHEN IS "POTENT ENGINE SOUNDS" A PLUS????????????????

????????????

?????????????

?????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

???????

If I may paraphrase the "Bill Corbett" Crow----

Hey car and driver: jump up my butt.
Edited by RichardJensen

It's called making an excuse to justify rankings, but I'm sure you knew that.

Besides who the hell goes out and test drives an Accord 4 cylinder and thinks, "Wow, I need to buy one of these because of the bad ass exhaust and engine sound".

If you want the poster child of overpriced and overrated, the Accord would be it.

This was my succinct and snotty review:

Since when are "Potent engine sounds" a PLUS in a family sedan? You MUST be joking. I would love to see you guys use the words "potent engine sounds" instead of "harsh", "buzzy", "intrusive", "unrefined", whilst reviewing a product made by a company that ISN'T Honda. Of course, you'll read this (maybe) and sniff and think, "who is this guy? why should his opinion count?" Well guess what buddy. Me and people like me pay your salary, and in case you haven't noticed, we're getting tired of it. When you end up trying to freelance this crap to Robert Farago over at "Truth About Cars" don't say you weren't warned.

Of course, I put in carriage returns, but the website took them out.

Edited by RichardJensen

It was actually a $28,475 dollar Accord Vs. a $21,815 dollar Fusion. The $26,000 is the base price of that trim level before options.

I know that and you missed my point completely.

For an extra $1,000 over that Accord's base price, you can get a Fusion hybrid.

Add similar trim options to the Fusion hybrid and you have a far superior motor vehicle for around $30K.

On second thoughts, maybe the Milan Hybrid would be even better......

Edited by jpd80

I notice that C/D is removing many comments.

Here is what I posted over on C/D

Reading between the lines it appears C/D is having a difficult time making excuses for Honda to be the better "midsize" car. I think Honda could make a midsize car the size of a whale, with a noisy and loud buzzy 4 cylinder slow unless rev;d out past 7,000rpm, numb steering, confusing instrument design, and C/D still loves it. Your credibility is diminishing, by your blind love of Honda. Give yourselves a slap on the side of the head before its too late.

Was this review helpful? [yes] [no] (Score: 0 by 0)

Those idiots compared an SE, low level Fusion against a top of the line Accord, then compared the interriors.

The SE is the mid-level version....still an unfair comparo

Besides who the hell goes out and test drives an Accord 4 cylinder and thinks, "Wow, I need to buy one of these because of the bad ass exhaust and engine sound".

So many street thugs....errr, I mean...urban youth groups selling dru---....ooops, I mean magazine subscriptions for Car and Driver

And to add, the interior materials of the latest Accord, 4 cylinder, are pretty lackluster. The whole presentation and the plastic strip running on the dashboard looked chitzy. Either they didnt really study or notice ir, or they do not have my high standards.

Car and Driver was too blinded by the chrome "H" badge on the grille to see anything :hysterical:

Edited by twintornados

SINCE WHEN IS "POTENT ENGINE SOUNDS" A PLUS????????????????

????????????

?????????????

?????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

????????????

???????

If I may paraphrase the "Bill Corbett" Crow----

As opposed to impotent engine sounds?

We must remember their audience - any more it seems to be a bunch of over moneyed speed racer wannabes.

I don't understand why y'all are making a fuss about this particular comparison test. :shrug:

Numerous Car and Driver comparos over the years have evinced a wide spread in terms of price and/or feature content amongst the tested vehicles. Usually, the article authors attempt to justify this by stating that the OEMs were not able to provide specific configurations in time for C&D's testing. Sure, that may be a spurious excuse, but it isn't anything new at C&D.

To cite an example: In their February 2003 comparison of midsize cars, C&D endeavoured to gather competitors to a 5 speed manual, 4 cylinder Honda Accord EX. The final contenders included two with automatic trannies and three with V6 engines! C&D did point out when they "flouted the rules" of their test.

Edited by aneekr

Some of you guys will never be happy unless you bitch about something.

Yeah, because C&D ALWAYS praises cars for having LOUD engines. :rolleyes:

The fact that we're partial to Ford doesn't mean we're wrong about C&D.

I mean please, try and recall the last time that C&D praised the noise of a 4-cylinder in a $28k sedan.............................................................