MT shoot out: F150 vs Tundra

I love it, finally a test that looks at the little stuff (tailgate step, flat floor, Sync, etc...) rather than just the 1/4 mile times. It's funny though. The F-150 beat the tundra in figure 8, g's, and braking. I guess you can't utilise all the extra power with a shitbox frame.

The only part of the article that matters:

FIRST PLACE: FORD F-150

Practice makes perfect, and Ford's been practicing its truck-building skills for decades.

There's simply more design maturity here.

SECOND PLACE: TOYOTA TUNDRA

Faster and more fun to drive, but the new world order of trucks is likely to emphasize

practical details over driving grins.

FIRST PLACE: FORD F-150

Practice makes perfect, and Ford's been practicing its truck-building skills for decades.

There's simply more design maturity here.

SECOND PLACE: TOYOTA TUNDRA

Faster and more fun to drive (until you get into a crash and your seat folds in half) but the new world order of trucks is likely to emphasize

practical details over driving grins.

Fixed.

"And like Clydesdales, the F-150 and Tundra are enormous beasts. Until you get acquainted with them, they seem to maneuver like two Thanksgiving Day Macy's balloons wafting down 34th Street. Which can be amusing. And periodically terrifying. Shoe-horning them down into our subterranean parking dungeon (replete with scraped overhead concrete beams and pokey, leaking water pipes) is perpetually terrifying, requiring a faith in geometry that that would impress Euclid."

Really? Was that paragraph really needed? I abhor when someone has to discuss (where the hell they are driving the vehicle thru) or (analogies of how it acts, looks or behaves).... I dont need a visual, I need facts....

"And like Clydesdales, the F-150 and Tundra are enormous beasts. Until you get acquainted with them, they seem to maneuver like two Thanksgiving Day Macy's balloons wafting down 34th Street. Which can be amusing. And periodically terrifying. Shoe-horning them down into our subterranean parking dungeon (replete with scraped overhead concrete beams and pokey, leaking water pipes) is perpetually terrifying, requiring a faith in geometry that that would impress Euclid."

Really? Was that paragraph really needed? I abhor when someone has to discuss (where the hell they are driving the vehicle thru) or (analogies of how it acts, looks or behaves).... I dont need a visual, I need facts....

I didn't understand most of the first few paragraphs.

What's so bad about a little ambiance? It makes the writer feel like they're contributing something a robot couldn't do....

No mention of Fords E85 power figures or testing done on E85.

They were in NorCal. (ive been past Sears Point recently. GORGEOUS scenery around there) I have yet to see ANY E85 available locally. I can get 114 octane race gas easier than i can get E85.

Too funny! I agree the F150 is clearly the better truck, and not just saying that cause I own won or like Ford. The Tundra is a thin sheetmetal, chrome rusting, bed shaking, noodle frame imposter of a full-size truck. Still don't listen to anything this rag (MT) has to say. Not worth it.

But it is funny what Tundra owners and the Tundra sites are saying and complaining about.

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/200...nd-f150-tundra/

I wonder how they are going to take it when Ford releases new engines in the F-150? They were already beaten with the 5.4, I think a 5.0 or God willing a 6.2 will just piss these Tundra fans off even more (hehe I hope that's what happens anyway). I noticed on some of the comments a few were saying how they pick the truck with the better engine and transmission, obviously he doesnt drive too much above 3000 RPMs (crack), or has seen too many pics of wrecks with the bent seats and steering columns that ended up in the driver crotch (ouch).

:hysterical:

Poor Tundra fans. It's gotta be tough being worst.

Well, they might still be ahead of the Titan, when it comes to worst, but that may depend on your likes/dislikes and wants/needs. Personally, I prefer the Titan over the Tundra. Then again I like Nissans much more than Toyota's.

I wonder how they are going to take it when Ford releases new engines in the F-150? They were already beaten with the 5.4, I think a 5.0 or God willing a 6.2 will just piss these Tundra fans off even more (hehe I hope that's what happens anyway). I noticed on some of the comments a few were saying how they pick the truck with the better engine and transmission, obviously he doesnt drive too much above 3000 RPMs (crack), or has seen too many pics of wrecks with the bent seats and steering columns that ended up in the driver crotch (ouch).

They'll simply say Ford was late to the game on the motor, as they are now. They will either deny or discredit all the bed bounce, center reclining seats and the crotch mounted steering columns. Cause evidently to most Tundra owners, these are all photoshop pics or people destroying the Tundra while at the yard to give Toyota & the Tundra a bad name.

Should have seen the huffing and puffing they all did after the pickuptrucks.com review a few months back when the Tundra came in last or second to last. While the Ram & F150 came away with the top two spots.

Edited by V8-X