Ford Mustang is officially NASCAR-bound in the Nationwide Series

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't race the stock body on the ovals at 180-200 MPH. It has to fit a template equal to what the competition uses. What else can they do? Mustang decals on an existing race car makes the most sense to me. Cheapest solution also.

Maybe it will sell some cars. I don't particularly like it, but how is it different than what they already do with other brands that don't come in 2 door or RWD?

Edited by Ralph Greene

Link

Ugh.

Whatever!!!

I used to be a big NASCAR fan back in the early 70's through the early 90's. It is now beyond rediculous. I wish it would just go away and at the very least I wish Ford would pull out entirely. It's become an embarassment. I haven't watched it for years and I would love to see the domestic manufacturer's go somewhere else with their money.

You can't race the stock body on the ovals at 200 MPH. It has to fit a template equal to what the competition uses. What else can they do? Mustang decals on an existing race car makes the most sense to me. Cheapest solution also.

Maybe it will sell some cars. I don't particularly like it, but how is it different than what they already do with other brands that don't come in 2 door or RWD?

ya mean the CON- fusion and cam-REEKS and chev- ROLAIDS aren't avail in 2 door RWD V8 configurations from the dealerships? :banghead:

..would you rather have had the focus as the race car

Sure, but maybe the Flex would be better. :hysterical:

NASCAR just doesn't get it.

Like the tough production-platform WRC cars show, like the racing "body in white" Mustang road racers show, you can race STOCK bodied cars.

NASCAR needs to go back to a real world ride height and get rid of ground-effects aerodynamics, just like the NASCAR racers of the 60's and 70's.

You can't race the stock body on the ovals at 180-200 MPH. It has to fit a template equal to what the competition uses. What else can they do? Mustang decals on an existing race car makes the most sense to me. Cheapest solution also.

And this is exactly what is wrong with Nascam. The need to change the templates to what like the sports car series run. Put some fun back in for the manf that can build a better mouse trap. If the cars sit up higher and punched a big hole in the air then you could take the dreaded restrictor plates off at Dayton and Dega. I just hate where this sport has gone over the years and attendance and tv ratings prove it also. The economy is in the crapper but they have been going down hill for a long time.

But, Im like you Ralph, at least its a 2 door rwd.

And this is exactly what is wrong with Nascam. The need to change the templates to what like the sports car series run. Put some fun back in for the manf that can build a better mouse trap. If the cars sit up higher and punched a big hole in the air then you could take the dreaded restrictor plates off at Dayton and Dega. I just hate where this sport has gone over the years and attendance and tv ratings prove it also. The economy is in the crapper but they have been going down hill for a long time.

My thoughts exactly. Time to lose the "can't do" attitude (i.e. "can't" run stock body cars because [insert reason here]) and go back to their "stock car" roots.

Sure, but maybe the Flex would be better. :hysterical:

NASCAR just doesn't get it.

Like the tough production-platform WRC cars show, like the racing "body in white" Mustang road racers show, you can race STOCK bodied cars.

NASCAR needs to go back to a real world ride height and get rid of ground-effects aerodynamics, just like the NASCAR racers of the 60's and 70's.

+10000000!!!

Make them run a STOCK body at 150mph!

The Hajek Motorsports E85 FR500C would have been a much better "template." And it has run on 'dega . . . . crashed too . . . but that is a different story . . .

In fact . . .Take this FR500C "template" and throw in the 5.0 4V V8 from the Ford Powered Rolex DPs and you have a winning formula for an improved Nationwide series.

img_2807.jpg

hajek_motorsports_e85_mustang_fr500c.jpg

dsc_9169.jpg

dsc_9172.jpg