50 Ugliest Cars of the past 50 years

To many snotty yuppies, an El Camino or F body is 'trailer trash', and they just like to hate on it to fit in with their "people". But some just were not alive when these cars were cool, so it's simply ignorance.

Also, 10 year old designs [beetle, PT] always get trashed by critics since they are simply 'out of style'. In the 60's, suddenly big bulky 1950's cars were dated and garish, but now they're revered. Best to wait and see what designs hold up over time.

Edited by 630land

To many snotty yuppies, an El Camino or F body is 'trailer trash', and they just like to hate on it to fit in with their "people". But some just were not alive when these cars were cool, so it's simply ignorance.

Also, 10 year old designs [beetle, PT] always get trashed by critics since they are simply 'out of style'. In the 60's, suddenly big bulky 1950's cars were dated and garish, but now they're revered. Best to wait and see what designs hold up over time.

if thats the case wheres the 911 on the list.....guess ignorance is bliss to these guys

I'm not going through 50 pages to see the results. They do this opn purpose so their advertisements 'hit" everytime you load a page, Hm no. I already have software that dissabled all advertising anyways, but annoying to go through page by page. I think Fortune does the same thing too.

I'm not going through 50 pages to see the results. They do this opn purpose so their advertisements 'hit" everytime you load a page, Hm no. I already have software that dissabled all advertising anyways, but annoying to go through page by page. I think Fortune does the same thing too.

Yup. I didn't even click to see page two.

Most of those vehicles aren't even that ugly. And it's just not the Ford's I'm defending here. El Camino? Most ugly? Come on.

I agree with that. There were quite a few vehicles on there that I wouldn't consider "ugly." Were those "non-ugly" vehicles I'm referring to beauties? No, they weren't/aren't, but they're not "ugly" by any means. Of course everyone has their own opinion, so....

That list is pretty messed up. I'll agree with the Avalanche and 96 Taurus though.

El Camino has no place on that list.

1st Gen Taurus/Sable I'd disagree with being ugly. The 96-99? I call it the cross-eyed frog. And I bleed blue.

The 2000+ to the Five Hundred / Taurus changeover are mostly rental queens with the bugs worked out, with dirt for resale value. If I needed cheap reliable transportation, 2000 to 2007 Taurus would be near if not top of my list.

I can see the Chevette maybe in 50 worst cars, but not 50 most ugliest. It didn't look that bad.

Edited by Hoser768

I belong to the other half of the people who love the 96-99 Taurus. It was better styling than any other Tauruses out there until the 2010 model.

It made my dream came true. The radical oval everywhere aerodynamic shapes were perfectly formed together carried throughout from outside to the interior.

The interior was so exciting, all these ovals and curves molded according to the human bodies. (although the front seats need improvement)

It was like driving a space ship "car of the future", back in 1995, passing all other boxes on the highway, except the Aurora at that time.

The parts were put together perfectly (for its time). The lines were like brush strokes, never bored to my eyes!

Just like I thought in 1995, the design was timeless. 14 later the 96-99 Tauruses still do not look outdated (if the paint finish were well kept).

Edited by LoveTaurus

How about these?

I always liked the Subaru XT that was out...i remember at the time it was one of the most aerodynamic cars in the world. Its sorta like the Mitsubishi Starion/Dodge Conqest...the had funky styling that grew on you.

L-Mitsubishi-Starion-Turbo-Wide-Body-5.jpg

oh I totally forgot it was predecessor to this too

7728.jpg

Another pretty cool car for its time

The trick is finding one in good condition. Most every first gen Taurus/Sable I see these days looks about 3 miles from the trash heap.

Not hard to find at all.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1st_Gen_Sable.JPG

They reminded me of a Citreon SM (but less exotic, more "real" world)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1970_Citroen_SM.jpg