Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid

NickF1011

Wow what a strange world we live in, the Focus interior blows a Honda interior out of the water and it gets better:

Honda CR-Z: 122 HP, 33 MPG, Worst Of All Worlds

http://jalopnik.com/5445212/honda-cr+z-122...ne=true&s=x

meh, not sure i would totally beleive that....Honda could NOT be so stupid to come to the table with a vehicle non competitive in ANY area.....

Tangent: Actually saw two Crosstours yesterday. I hate to admit, the Honda reps were right, they do look much better in person then photos show. I still wouldn't buy one, but the difference between the press photos and "real life" were like night and day.

Back on course.

meh, not sure i would totally beleive that....Honda could NOT be so stupid to come to the table with a vehicle non competitive in ANY area.....

well it has an advantage that no other regular or hybrid car has, greenies will love this, it puts out NO exhaust. the epa actually created a new label for cars that emit that low of emissions.

BUT, im incredibly disappointed with this car. it doesnt look as sporty as i thought it would, interior is too wierd, and it doesnt get very good mileage. crx successor my behind.

BUT, im incredibly disappointed with this car. it doesnt look as sporty as i thought it would, interior is too wierd, and it doesnt get very good mileage. crx successor my behind.

Considering that a 85 CRX got nearly 50 MPG (on the old scale) its a major step backwards....

Ridgeline? :hysterical: :hysterical:

The Ridgeline does have clear advantages in handling and interior space/comfort. Clearly there were not as many pickup buyers who put their priorities there as Honda seemed to have expected, but it did serve a niche.

The CR-Z on the other hand...it would have been interesting if it were very inexpensive, but it sounds like it won't be.

The Ridgeline does have clear advantages in handling and interior space/comfort. Clearly there were not as many pickup buyers who put their priorities there as Honda seemed to have expected, but it did serve a niche.

So when HONDA builds a pickup alternative, using an existing platform and powertrains, they get credit for "clear advantages" and "serving a niche."

But when FORD builds a people-mover alternative, using an existing platform and powertrains, they get a big fat fail from you?

Using your logic in the Minivan comparo thread, shouldn't Honda have invested into a proper pickup truck? Since you love the business case for jumping into a declining market with several well established players.

Which sold more in 2009? The Flex or the Ridgeline?

The CR-Z on the other hand...it would have been interesting if it were very inexpensive, but it sounds like it won't be.

Ridgeline...explains how they took the segment by storm...UNBELEIVABLE sales numbers......

So when HONDA builds a pickup alternative, using an existing platform and powertrains, they get credit for "clear advantages" and "serving a niche."

But when FORD builds a people-mover alternative, using an existing platform and powertrains, they get a big fat fail from you?

Using your logic in the Minivan comparo thread, shouldn't Honda have invested into a proper pickup truck? Since you love the business case for jumping into a declining market with several well established players.

Which sold more in 2009? The Flex or the Ridgeline?

Had Honda wanted to serve more than a niche, it should have invested in a proper pickup, yes. I think Honda knew perfectly well the Ridgeline wasn't going mainstream but miscalculated just how small that niche would be.

The Flex is different. It does serve only a niche -- luxurious but relatively impractical people hauler -- but I'm not sure it was intended to be a niche product. "Crossover SUV" is at the heart of mainstream, and I don't see why Ford wouldn't have high sales hopes for its product in that market. To stick with Honda examples, the Insight isn't in its own niche compared to the Prius, it's just a slow-selling competitor.