2011 F-150 engine Options

I'm not wired like you guys thank god.

So we've noticed.

Seriously, it's not your contrariness that is an issue here, it's the fact that your contrariness is seldom supported by rational arguments, and *never* supported by independent citations.

To object on a forum without bothering to construct rational arguments or provide independent evidence is both lazy and arrogant.

You expect us to take your opinions at face value (which is exceedingly arrogant, given that you've never posted anything remotely resembling a CV, a resume, or a reason why we should believe YOUR take on things), and you never research anything (which is lazy).

If you want to CONTRIBUTE to this forum, then dagnabbit CONTRIBUTE to the forum. This slovenly stuff that you post on a regular basis is NOT contributing.

I'm hearing things, huh? Where did this source get the info from? And I understand Ford probably made a disclaimer,but they did say it:

Interested in adding an EcoBoost engine to your 2009 Ford Flex or 2009 Lincoln MKS? Opting for the turbocharged motor may add close to $700 to the sticker price.

Automotive News claims the EcoBoost engines, which combine turbocharging and direct fuel injection to achieve power and economy, will typically cost consumers about $700. Although the automaker plans to implement the technology on the F-150 pickup by 2010, the first implementation of the engines - a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 - will appear on the Lincoln MKS and Ford Flex in 2009.

In today's economic climate, we're not sneezing at $700, but it's relatively inexpensive for such an upgrade. Looking at the 2009 Flex build sheet, the second-row refrigerated console runs $760, while the 'Lighting Package' (consisting of HID headlamps, LED taillamps and interior mood lighting) costs $895. We'd say the powertrain upgrade would be the better use of $700 - especially in light of the Flex's portly weight (4468 lbs in front-wheel-drive form).

Ford hopes the EcoBoost range will deliver similar power figures to larger engines while returning up to twenty percent better fuel economy. The 3.5-liter V-6 for the Flex and MKS will produce around 340 hp and 340 lb-ft of torque, figures comparable or better than a current 4.6-liter V-8.

Source: Automotive News

I googled EB $700 option and there are many sources of that price option, Automotive News being only one. And yeah, I consider $995 reasonable price option assuming you don't have to order the Limited to get it. So you guys stating that I thought I imagined it or didn't hear that number thrown out by Ford brass at Detroit Auto Show are full of it. You are the ones without credibility and again act like Ford cheerleaders instead of Ford customers.

Where in this "article" from AUTOMOTIVE NEWS does someone from Ford say the EB motors will be $700? Automotive News is saying that, not Ford.

The article is dated August 6, 2008, six months after Detroit Auto Show intro of Ecoboost. So you think AN made up the price also? Pulled it out of thin air like me? You guys must be smoking crack.

I googled EB $700 option and there are many sources of that price option, Automotive News being only one. And yeah, I consider $995 reasonable price option assuming you don't have to order the Limited to get it. So you guys stating that I thought I imagined it or didn't hear that number thrown out by Ford brass at Detroit Auto Show are full of it. You are the ones without credibility and again act like Ford cheerleaders instead of Ford customers.

ALL OF THOSE SOURCES CITE THE AUTO NEWS ARTICLE.

AND THAT ARTICLE IS FROM AUGUST 2008, NOT JANUARY. THE DETROIT AUTO SHOW IS IN JANUARY.

As expected, the Harley-Davidson model is one of the models that will receive the 6.2:

H-D 6.2L

Dang, that HD is beautiful! Love the interior and even the gauge cluster. Haven't been fond of the gauge clusters going into the Edge and Explorer, but this one is more to my liking.

6.2L with all the new features and great looks. I'm really tempted to trade the 2006 in, but hell if I want to start payments all over again.

I googled EB $700 option and there are many sources of that price option, Automotive News being only one.

And if you check each of those other articles like I did you'd see that they are all based on the Automotive News article. All of them. That is the ONLY source of that $700 figure. And even if a Ford rep said it at the auto show, that doesn't mean it was official, especially since it was never followed up by a press release. That was an internal number that Ford never officially released to the public.

And even if they had - what is your point?

Price tag for Ford EcoBoost: $700

Amy Wilson

Automotive News

August 18, 2008 - 12:01 am ET

DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co. will charge a premium of around $700 for its much-touted EcoBoost engine system when it goes on sale in 2009.

A 3.5-liter V-6 with EcoBoost will arrive next year on the Lincoln MKS sedan and Ford Flex crossover.

The V-6 with EcoBoost is slated for the Ford F-150 in 2010, and the pickup application will produce "significantly more" than 340 hp and 340 pounds-feet of torque, said Brett Hinds, Ford's advanced engine design manager. That tops the 300-hp rating of the largest engine -- a 5.4- liter V-8 -- in the current F-150.

EcoBoost technology combines turbocharging and gasoline direct injection. A V-6 with EcoBoost gets as much as 20 percent better fuel economy than a conventional V-8, Ford says. It also improves performance and will enable the company to replace V-8s with V-6s and V-6s with four-cylinder engines.

The fuel savings will enable buyers to recoup the premium paid for EcoBoost technology within two years, Hinds said. When going from a V-8 to a V-6 with EcoBoost, Ford estimates annual savings at $339 when driving 15,000 miles per year with gasoline costing $3.25 a gallon.

continue at the link

Ecoboost was formally introduced at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan., '08 and that is where I heard Ford brass tout $700 figure. I find it astounding that Amy Wilson would be quoting that figure six months later. Ford had a long time to disclaim that number to Amy before she wrote above article. If I really looked, I could probably find Feep and DN sources to that number also as I read it in Detroit papers also. Never saw a Ford disclaimer. AND AGAIN, I FIND $995 FOR ECOBOOST VERY REASONABLE AND DON'T PERSONALLY HOLD FORD TO THAT NUMBER.

Dang, that HD is beautiful! Love the interior and even the gauge cluster. Haven't been fond of the gauge clusters going into the Edge and Explorer, but this one is more to my liking.

6.2L with all the new features and great looks. I'm really tempted to trade the 2006 in, but hell if I want to start payments all over again.

Meh not feeling the decals on it....

Price tag for Ford EcoBoost: $700

Amy Wilson

Automotive News

August 18, 2008 - 12:01 am ET

DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co. will charge a premium of around $700 for its much-touted EcoBoost engine system when it goes on sale in 2009.

A 3.5-liter V-6 with EcoBoost will arrive next year on the Lincoln MKS sedan and Ford Flex crossover.

The V-6 with EcoBoost is slated for the Ford F-150 in 2010, and the pickup application will produce "significantly more" than 340 hp and 340 pounds-feet of torque, said Brett Hinds, Ford's advanced engine design manager. That tops the 300-hp rating of the largest engine -- a 5.4- liter V-8 -- in the current F-150.

EcoBoost technology combines turbocharging and gasoline direct injection. A V-6 with EcoBoost gets as much as 20 percent better fuel economy than a conventional V-8, Ford says. It also improves performance and will enable the company to replace V-8s with V-6s and V-6s with four-cylinder engines.

The fuel savings will enable buyers to recoup the premium paid for EcoBoost technology within two years, Hinds said. When going from a V-8 to a V-6 with EcoBoost, Ford estimates annual savings at $339 when driving 15,000 miles per year with gasoline costing $3.25 a gallon.

continue at the link

Ecoboost was formally introduced at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan., '08 and that is where I heard Ford brass tout $700 figure. I find it astounding that Amy Wilson would be quoting that figure six months later. Ford had a long time to disclaim that number to Amy before she wrote above article. If I really looked, I could probably find Feep and DN sources to that number also as I read it in Detroit papers also. Never saw a Ford disclaimer. AND AGAIN, I FIND $995 FOR ECOBOOST VERY REASONABLE AND DON'T PERSONALLY HOLD FORD TO THAT NUMBER.

bucket-of-rocks.jpg

And if you check each of those other articles like I did you'd see that they are all based on the Automotive News article. All of them. That is the ONLY source of that $700 figure. And even if a Ford rep said it at the auto show, that doesn't mean it was official, especially since it was never followed up by a press release. That was an internal number that Ford never officially released to the public.

And even if they had - what is your point?

Wow...some of you are calling me a liar, and I post the info, and you say what is your point? My point is I heard it and read it, and Automotive News did also. And no AN is not the automotive bible to me.

Meh not feeling the decals on it....

Me too, not a fan of decals. I like a clean look. So I agree. I was mostly just referring to the overall body style and the interior.

Personally, I wouldn't purchase an HD model anyways. I do like the Lariat Limited and Platinum's though, look nice too. But I'd most likely opt for an FX4 or try to squeeze into a Screw Raptor if I was in the market and had the option.

Edited by V8-X

Nobody called you a liar (at least not relative to whether you heard $700 at the auto show). What we said was even if you did hear it and Amy published it, Ford denied it and Ford NEVER published anything that corroborated the $700 price premium, therefore it was hearsay and unofficial.

You brought this up in regards to the final pricing of the EB Flex and again I'll ask - so what? The price is whatever the market will bear and in the case of the Flex and Taurus Ford decided the market wanted loaded top end vehicles and enough people were willing to pay for it. What's wrong with that? Every manufacturer in the world does the exact same thing on everything they make.

Then you bitch about how it will cause the 11 Explorer to be $40K which, again, is totally untrue.

You give buckets of rocks a bad name.

I like it too.

Me too, not a fan of decals. I like a clean look. So I agree. I was mostly just referring to the overall body style and the interior.

Personally, I wouldn't purchase an HD model anyways. I do like the Lariat Limited and Platinum's though, look nice too. But I'd most likely opt for an FX4 or try to squeeze into a Screw Raptor if I was in the market and had the option.

I also am not a fan of the newest decals - that was the first thing I noticed and didn't like on the picture. The rest of it looks great though. Personally, I'd go with a Limited - which is essentially a white HD - over an HD because it gives you tan interior, where the HD is black only. Love the Raptor and Platinum too....

Nobody called you a liar (at least not relative to whether you heard $700 at the auto show). What we said was even if you did hear it and Amy published it, Ford denied it and Ford NEVER published anything that corroborated the $700 price premium, therefore it was hearsay and unofficial.

You brought this up in regards to the final pricing of the EB Flex and again I'll ask - so what? The price is whatever the market will bear and in the case of the Flex and Taurus Ford decided the market wanted loaded top end vehicles and enough people were willing to pay for it. What's wrong with that? Every manufacturer in the world does the exact same thing on everything they make.

Then you bitch about how it will cause the 11 Explorer to be $40K which, again, is totally untrue.

You give buckets of rocks a bad name.

By the way, the EB motor is available on the Flex SEL, so it's not limited to the top-of-the-line model....

that is where I heard Ford brass tout $700 figure.

Where's your SOURCE for THIS?

I don't want the already well documented remarks by Brett Hinds to Amy Wilson in August.

I want a source for the assertion that Ford officials gave this figure on the record at the Detroit auto show.

Because there was ZERO coverage of that in the media in January of 2008.

Edited by RichardJensen

And I also feel like you should be able to order an SE Flex and check off EB optional engine on it for maybe $1500-$2,000 extra over base price.

In other news, a Mustang V8 costs more than $1500 more than a Mustang V6 (with similar increases in HP). Now he's gonna be really pissed! :banghead:

me, I'll SPECULATE, base 3.7, 5.0 $1250 upcharge, eco $1500, 6.2 cant really be gauged as its only going to be in lLimiteds, King Blanch and Harleys so all the additional goodies will burden the upcharge.... ordering guides should become avail soon so only then will we have accurate #'s....