Sport Packages Amp Up 2012 Ford Focus

Sport Packages Amp Up 2012 Ford Focus

ALL-NEW FORD FOCUS SHARPENS DYNAMIC DRIVING WITH AVAILABLE SE SPORT, TITANIUM HANDLING PACKAGES

DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 25, 2010 – The all-new Ford Focus will take dynamic driving to new levels with optionally available handling packages on SE and range-topping Titanium model.

Driving dynamics and responsive handling have been elevated across the entire all-new Focus range for 2012. All Focus models feature standard specifically tuned electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) system, independent Control Blade rear suspension and torque vectoring control. These features combine to make Focus more agile and confidence-inspiring for enthusiast and normal drivers alike.

“Our enthusiast customers told us exactly what they want in an all-new Focus,” said Mark Rushbrook, Ford vehicle dynamics manager for the 2012 Ford Focus. “They asked us to give Focus more responsive handling, and they asked that we develop and offer a factory-engineered handling package with beefier suspension hardware. We’ve done just that, fine-tuning a pair of available packages for mid-level SE and up-range Titanium models.”

The automotive enthusiast community should appreciate the sharpened handling offered in the volume-series Focus SE four-door sedan and five-door hatchback. The SE Sport Package features sport-tuned suspension, 16-inch aluminum wheels, sport seats, four-wheel disc brakes, piano black grille, metallic interior trim accents, leather-wrapped steering wheel and standard five-speed manual transmission.

Focus SE Sport Package four-door models add a rear spoiler, while all SE Sport Package models with the PowerShift™ dual-clutch transmission add SelectShift Automatic™ functionality for manual override gear selection. SE Sport Package is the only mid-level Focus model to offer premium Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-coat paint, as well.

Im glad they did away with SES trim, was dumb when first used on Taurus. Also think SEL is too much alphabet soup.

Leave S for cheapos, SE for mainstream, then Sport and Titanium packages. And yes, the Sport package has 5 speed manual standard. Some on BON assumed that it was automatic only since the Select Shift is included on an ATX Sport.

Edited by 630land

Im glad they did away with SES trim, was dumb when first used on Taurus. Also think SEL is too much alphabet soup.

Leave S for cheapos, SE for mainstream, then Sport and Titanium packages. And yes, the Sport package has 5 speed manual standard. Some on BON assumed that it was automatic only since the Select Shift is included on an ATX Sport.

As somebody that has a Focus SES, I bought it for one reason. So I didn't have to look at any horrible, cheap looking chrome accents that every automaker seems to be putting on cars nowadays. Give me body color or black accents FTW.

If the sport package eliminates the chrome, then I am all for it no matter what they name it.

I thought the Sport Package required the automatic? :headscratch: :poke: :stirpot:

just ran some #'s on a Focus as I would order one for myself....SE 5 speed 203A, ( std cruise, conv pkg, my ford, Myford Tech, sync, alarm )manual trans, Sterling grey, leather int, interior pkg red ( required for Tuscany red leather int ) and Sport pkg. Msrp $22015, inv $20745 ( WOW check out THAT wiggle room ) A plan $20099.87..........not bad a t all.....course I want the hot rod model but hey, I was curious.........

just ran some #'s on a Focus as I would order one for myself....SE 5 speed 203A, ( std cruise, conv pkg, my ford, Myford Tech, sync, alarm )manual trans, Sterling grey, leather int, interior pkg red ( required for Tuscany red leather int ) and Sport pkg. Msrp $22015, inv $20745 ( WOW check out THAT wiggle room ) A plan $20099.87..........not bad a t all.....course I want the hot rod model but hey, I was curious.........

That's good info Deanh, thanks. Any idea how much the winter pkg is on the SE? I'd rather have that than the interior pkg so even if you know the difference in price between those two I'd be grateful.

If I can deal with the smaller cabin I'm thinking this might be a much better buy than a Fusion. Especially given the newer and more upscale interior that the Fusion won't get for another year or so after I'll be needing a new car.

That's good info Deanh, thanks. Any idea how much the winter pkg is on the SE? I'd rather have that than the interior pkg so even if you know the difference in price between those two I'd be grateful.

If I can deal with the smaller cabin I'm thinking this might be a much better buy than a Fusion. Especially given the newer and more upscale interior that the Fusion won't get for another year or so after I'll be needing a new car.

$483 cost for winter package...give or take a few theres about $300 diff between that and the more spendy Sports package. Edited by Deanh

:beatdeadhorse:

Sorry - I couldn't resist.

Someone needs to let these people http://www.profleetsales.com/build&price.html know that the manual can be combined with the SE Sport Package .

Built an SE 5 door and added the SE Sport Package and viola it added the 6 speed Powershift $1095.00 to the summary pricing :hysterical:

I know Ford N.A. has announced that the manual 5 spd can be left intact but just thought I would bring this up in case someone on this board has contact

with the profleetsales division.