The Trash Lincoln Topic

I have created this topic because it is clear to me that the anti-Lincoln set are interested only in endless restatements of dubious logic, outright falsehood, rumors, myths, and flawed comparisons.

Since they are not interested in discussion, it is hereby banned. There will be NO discussion in this topic, just complaints.

Edited by RichardJensen

Ford should have kept Mercury and put all the current Lincoln stuff in them. Get rid of Lincoln, it will never compete with Audi, BMW, MB and Cadillac! Lincolns are dressed up Fords, I mean look at the hoods, door handles, switchgears, PLASTICS! For Goodness sake! Even Fords have Leather!

...Why did that feel good?

Edited by Hugh

My 92 Continental had crappy airbags that made the back of the car droop down like a dog pulling his butt across the rug making driving any distance ridiculously hard..

Therefore, MyLincoln Touch sucks.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Somehow, I don't see the correlation between the two, which makes this fit so much better in this thread!

Ford should have killed off Lincoln instead of getting rid of PAG, and completely embraced Nasser's plans

and spent their last $20 billion in cash making those products work, they have nothing to lose......:shades:

Edited by jpd80

Ford should have killed off Lincoln instead of getting rid of PAG, and completely embraced Nasser's plans

and spent their last $20 billion in cash making those products work, they have nothing to lose......:shades:

Ford is killing off the Lincoln brand. Evidence is January sales figures which reached new lows for the brand in expanding luxury market. Jeesh, some months Porsche Boxster sales are better than January MKT sales and the Boxster is a fricking two seat sports car that easily options out for more than $70,000. Yeah, I know, just wait until 2013 when Ford finally gets around to shipping new Lincoln product to the remaining 100 Lincoln dealerships that borrowed and stealed to remain in business selling 20 Lincolns/month on average. I just can't wait for all those new MK whatevers that are Ford vehicle clones with baleen grilles. Revolutionary MKExplorer, MKEscape, and MKFocus.

And to make my criticism fairer, BMW seems all screwed up also lately even thought its sales have hung in there. It used to be something to see any BMW on road as it was an exciting road car. Now BMW is much more vanilla and the base models are like taxicabs as far as noticing them. I have no idea where BMW is going, and they don't seem to know either. For that matter, owning a MB is no big deal anymore either with all their watered down lower end products. They lost me also more than a few years ago. But when it comes to most screwed up luxury brand, Lincoln wins the prize no contest. Ho hum products and screwed up marketing and a dealer base that has no idea what's going on. Like I said, if I were a Lincoln dealer, I would take the buy out and get the hell out. If I didn't like the buy out offer, then see me in court.

until multiple rappers, sports stars, etc. start promoting Lincolns like Caddys, they have no hope. The Escalade got everybody talking (yes, it was a dope dealers dream car), everybody knew what it was and know the brand. IMHO if you asked 10,000 randome people from all over the country 90% would know at least 2 Caddilac models ( Escalade and CTS). Try that with Lincoln and you'd probally get half the people who even know a model and they would say Navigator, Town Car doesn't count because it's basically gone. I know 90% would say town car, but does Lincoln really want to be known for that?? They need to really sit down and figure out brand recognition. Bring back The name Mark-, Continental and quit making every Ford a Lincoln. Keep about 3-4 models and perfect those. A smaller sedan with optional Sport model with large sedan, smaller SUV/CUV and large SUV and be done with it.

[

The solution is obvious: the Lincoln Boxter! With real 18 karat gold-plated landau bars! :happy feet:

That's the answer, Lincoln should start making a Porsche Boxter copy, that would put them in the black....:shades:

Edited by jpd80