The Trash Lincoln Topic

Actually, hardly anyone from any age group considers Lincoln brand anymore. Since the MK quadtuplets are all over the place here in Metro Detroit, this Metro area must be one of the few areas in country that actually buys them. I imagine most of them are executives and their wives from Ford glass house and the campus around it.

The coutless MKZs, MKXs, MKS', and MKTs I see around here must be figments of my imagination.....

Oh wait - nevermind, they are - LIncoln SUCKS they should be shut down noW!!!!!!! No 2,000/month for MKT - kill it! Ford's announced plans a few weeks ago for Lincoln for the next few years have not come to fruition yet, KILL THE BRAND - FORD YOUR EFFORTS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT WORKING!#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Ford hired a top designer from Cadillac and expects him to turn around Lincoln styling wise. That's a cruel joke on all the Lincoln fans on here who hate Cadillac.

No, Ford hired a top designer from Cadillac because they want Lincoln's new range to be their "BMW fighters"

Bob Lutz is being hired back by Ford to run the new Lincoln, his first move is to cancel everything and change to RWDs.

Edited by jpd80

Just like Lincolns, the dang things can't follow a thread for 5 seconds.

That's just the imprecise steering and floatmobile driving dynamics.

Lincolns are supposed to be floatmobiles, with the biggest, baddest engine available. They've lost their way.

As far as luxury car brands go, Lincoln is the only one I could see being sold at a Wal-mart. Cadillac would likely be at Target.

Edited by RangerM

I love my Lincoln dealer, it's where I've always had my Escape serviced. In the absence of Mercury, and with limited Lincoln sales, they've essentially had to become a used car lot, which also sells Lincoln (And, fortunately for me, has an excellent service department). That's not a way to sell a luxury "experience" to those who would buy Lincolns.

I'm afraid Ford is going to end up driving them to sell to the local Ford Dealer (And as you may guess, there is a reason my Escape has only been serviced there once).

• Like 1

I love my Lincoln dealer, it's where I've always had my Escape serviced. In the absence of Mercury, and with limited Lincoln sales, they've essentially had to become a used car lot, which also sells Lincoln (And, fortunately for me, has an excellent service department). That's not a way to sell a luxury "experience" to those who would buy Lincolns.

I'm afraid Ford is going to end up driving them to sell to the local Ford Dealer (And as you may guess, there is a reason my Escape has only been serviced there once).

There you go, a new marketing slogan for Lincoln..." Buy your new Lincoln at the nearest LM used car lot!" Hines Park LM has basically become a used car lot for late model Fords and Mercurys with a few Lincolns thrown in. Hines Park also has a Ford dealership out in exurbia and you can order your new Ford through salesman at Hines Park LM and they will drive it to your house from their Ford dealerships when it comes in. Keeps them busy for next couple years waiting for Ford to ship more interesting Lincolns. In the meantime they have a couple new Lincolns parked out front that gather dust as their new Lincoln business falls every month. Across the side street is Don Massey Cadillac which has been the highest volume Cadillac dealer in U.S. What a contrast.

There you go, a new marketing slogan for Lincoln..." Buy your new Lincoln at the nearest LM used car lot!" Hines Park LM has basically become a used car lot for late model Fords and Mercurys with a few Lincolns thrown in. Hines Park also has a Ford dealership out in exurbia and you can order your new Ford through salesman at Hines Park LM and they will drive it to your house from their Ford dealerships when it comes in. Keeps them busy for next couple years waiting for Ford to ship more interesting Lincolns. In the meantime they have a couple new Lincolns parked out front that gather dust as their new Lincoln business falls every month. Across the side street is Don Massey Cadillac which has been the highest volume Cadillac dealer in U.S. What a contrast.

Good one!! oh.....wait..... :hysterical:

Lincoln is the ongoing proof that Mercury was the better brand. :banghead:

MKS is a sales dud, and tough to successfully argue vs. the Taurus SHO.

MKT is a dud and an eyesore, though one I continue having strange affection for.

This generation of Navigator debuted as worst-in-class, and the response has been...nonexistent. Now it's not just bad, it's obsolete.

MKX is a great way to overspend on an Edge.

MKZ...ditto, only with the Fusion instead of the Edge.

It's a painful moron-a-thon, with gussied-up Fords (wasn't that the knock on Mercury, too?) that do little if anything to stand apart from their downmarket siblings, and the corporate lack of (public, at the very least) interest in RWD guarantees that Lincoln is, at best, aiming to be a somewhat less-ugly-Acura. For all the brilliance and tenacity that helped Ford turn around, the stupidity in handling Lincoln/Mercury is a bucket of pain for the Blue-Oval loyoalist.

There is NO fuggin' sarcasm in the above post, in case anyone's curious. :banghead:

• Like 1

Lincoln is the ongoing proof that Mercury was the better brand. :banghead:

MKS is a sales dud, and tough to successfully argue vs. the Taurus SHO.

MKT is a dud and an eyesore, though one I continue having strange affection for.

This generation of Navigator debuted as worst-in-class, and the response has been...nonexistent. Now it's not just bad, it's obsolete.

MKX is a great way to overspend on an Edge.

MKZ...ditto, only with the Fusion instead of the Edge.

It's a painful moron-a-thon, with gussied-up Fords (wasn't that the knock on Mercury, too?) that do little if anything to stand apart from their downmarket siblings, and the corporate lack of (public, at the very least) interest in RWD guarantees that Lincoln is, at best, aiming to be a somewhat less-ugly-Acura. For all the brilliance and tenacity that helped Ford turn around, the stupidity in handling Lincoln/Mercury is a bucket of pain for the Blue-Oval loyoalist.

That logic is lost on this crowd. They keep saying to wait and I keep saying "Show Me." Until they show the product, you can only go by what is out there now. And there are no homeruns with the MK quadtuplets, only sales failures. We are half way throught this season's auto show circuit, and still no direction from Lincoln other than some sketchy plan about glass tops and adjustable suspensions like that is new. All Lincoln really needs is a RWD Sport sedan, coupe, and convertible with the new 5.0 V8 and 8 speed auto with PDK. The other stuff is mere fluff. Put a LIncoln sign under some exclusive Ford stores, and sell the RWD Lincoln with maybe one other unique model. Titanium and Platinum Fords will cover the rest. Like I said, share the superior RWD chassis with T-Bird and new Mustang. A chassis that can compete with the best from MB and BMW. Maybe even sell it in Europe to help cover the costs. No more Lincoln for U.S. only. I still get the feeling Ford is muddling through trying to find the right formula with Lincoln. One Lexus is enough. That sweet 5.0 should be in more than Mustang GT and F-150.

There is NO fuggin' sarcasm in the above post, in case anyone's curious. :banghead:

No, Ford hired a top designer from Cadillac because they want Lincoln's new range to be their "BMW fighters"

Bob Lutz is being hired back by Ford to run the new Lincoln, his first move is to cancel everything and change to RWDs.

his second move is to then cancel all those plans.....:shades: