The Trash Lincoln Topic

Lincoln will never reach Cadillac style status, until they utilize and all RWD line-up. Nevermind that the vast majority of drivers have no clue which end pushes or pulls their vehicle, and nevermind that ridiculously complicated AWD nonsense. After all, nobody will ever be brainwashed into thinking that an AWD vehicle can handle incliment weather better than a RWD car with traction control, studded snow tires, and a few flats of lead in the trunk.

After we have spent the billions necessary to get one good car, we can start on the others. I think that we will next need to make a downmarket small CUV. After all, everyone should be able to afford a luxury car, and it is racist/capitalist/classist/everyotherist to deny the common folks their God given right to luxury. After that, I think we need to sink pretty much every penny the company has, into a compact car that has a revolutionary drivetrain, that will sell for high dollars, and we will lose a bucketload on every one. After all, this our image we are talking about here, and no price is too high for our image.

Next, we can work on a halo car. I'm thinking in the $150-200K range. After all, if it is good for Ferrari and Bentley, why not Lincoln. As Lincoln is so dumb as to think that people will actually buy a Luxury car that is NOT RWD, I really don't have any hope for them. After all, it has been a few weeks since they have hired all these great people...................... AND WHERE IS THE PRODUCT !!!! I have looked at every auto show since................ and NOTHING !!!! What the hell are these useless do nothings doing?? Having big ol "look at me making all this dough at the expense of stupid Lincoln" parties??

I swear to God, if they don't show their entire product plan....................... down to interiors, engines, tech, and options, at Chicago, then the only smart thing they can do is close the brand, and beg Tata to let them have JLR back.................... heck, pay them 10X what they paid. That way, they would have a credible luxury brand.

After all, this is the "now" society, and if Lincoln cannot fix everything RIGHT NOW, they deserve to die a terrible stony death.

I can't believe that some of you blind fanboys are willing to wait for the product......................... yeah, like we haven't heard that before. It's not like this is a completely differently run company, or that they have one of the best CEO's in existance...................... they are all a bunch of overpaid clowns that wouldn't know a luxury car if it fell on them. Geez. :rolleyes:

his second move is to then cancel all those plans.....:shades:

An then restore it before taking a golden parachute to safety....

Rear wheel Drives based on a Falcon sedan and coupe, LWB Fairlane and Territory...

All heavily Lincolnized all with unique top hats and all priced accordingly.

Lincoln will never reach Cadillac style status, until they utilize and all RWD line-up. Nevermind that the vast majority of drivers have no clue which end pushes or pulls their vehicle, and nevermind that ridiculously complicated AWD nonsense. After all, nobody will ever be brainwashed into thinking that an AWD vehicle can handle incliment weather better than a RWD car with traction control, studded snow tires, and a few flats of lead in the trunk.

After we have spent the billions necessary to get one good car, we can start on the others. I think that we will next need to make a downmarket small CUV. After all, everyone should be able to afford a luxury car, and it is racist/capitalist/classist/everyotherist to deny the common folks their God given right to luxury. After that, I think we need to sink pretty much every penny the company has, into a compact car that has a revolutionary drivetrain, that will sell for high dollars, and we will lose a bucketload on every one. After all, this our image we are talking about here, and no price is too high for our image.

Next, we can work on a halo car. I'm thinking in the $150-200K range. After all, if it is good for Ferrari and Bentley, why not Lincoln. As Lincoln is so dumb as to think that people will actually buy a Luxury car that is NOT RWD, I really don't have any hope for them. After all, it has been a few weeks since they have hired all these great people...................... AND WHERE IS THE PRODUCT !!!! I have looked at every auto show since................ and NOTHING !!!! What the hell are these useless do nothings doing?? Having big ol "look at me making all this dough at the expense of stupid Lincoln" parties??

I swear to God, if they don't show their entire product plan....................... down to interiors, engines, tech, and options, at Chicago, then the only smart thing they can do is close the brand, and beg Tata to let them have JLR back.................... heck, pay them 10X what they paid. That way, they would have a credible luxury brand.

After all, this is the "now" society, and if Lincoln cannot fix everything RIGHT NOW, they deserve to die a terrible stony death.

I can't believe that some of you blind fanboys are willing to wait for the product......................... yeah, like we haven't heard that before. It's not like this is a completely differently run company, or that they have one of the best CEO's in existance...................... they are all a bunch of overpaid clowns that wouldn't know a luxury car if it fell on them. Geez. :rolleyes:

:hysterical:

Edited by jpd80

Did I do ok??

I probably could have done better, but I am on pain pills due to a bad gum/jaw infection. I hate pain pills.

wicked sense of humor - careful, Ford buyer might think you mean every word...

Hope you get better soon Gloria, Ya know, alcohol of any kind available is good for what ails you.....:shades:

Thanks. With the horrible swelling, I feel like I look like the bride of Frankenstein.

You know the pain is bad, when 5 Vicoden in 6 hours doesn't make a dent. My husband finished off the fruit juice, or I would have added a stiff drink to the mix. I can't stand straight alcohol.

Oh, and I was hoping that I wrote it in a way that he would think just that. :)

I like writing, and used to be rather good at it.

Edited by Extreme4x4

Did I do ok??

I probably could have done better, but I am on pain pills due to a bad gum/jaw infection. I hate pain pills.

You did great....now answer the phone....Alan Mulally is calling

Sounds like a General Motors CEO

Oh no...she is going to the top at Lincoln. Which of course is the bottom of every place else....

Breaking News Alert:

After Lincoln sales fell over 21% last month from an already poor Jan. 2010 sales month, Kuzak told the press that it will take longer to turn around the Lincoln brand than otherwise thought. He states that it will now be a long journey of many years. Mulally concurs, and says to look for new Lincoln concept by 2016 auto show season, two years after he leaves Ford Motor Company for greeener pastures. Instead of the MK quadtuplets, we hope to graduate to the MK septuplets so that we have seven vehicles selling at 1,000 sales/month instead of four. Oh goody. We have no idea what we are doing as has been proven for many decades, but what the hell, we have a couple billion in excess cash and better this than giving out any dividend.

I also think that if Lincoln survives they should use a copper penny for the hood ornament... Or maybe an abstract of Abraham Lincoln's tophat... Oh wait existing Lincolns are already tophats.....

Don't forget the opera lights, the padded vinyl roof — and the gold landau bars! :)

How about the "Continental" tire bulge in the rear of the trunk that connoted the Mark era when Lincoln was more "competitive."

Even mlhm5 realized he should not post on the thread dedicated to his idiocy.....in case you missed it, this thread has nothing to do with Lincoln and everything to do with mocking you.... :shades:

Edited by twintornados

Even mlhm5 realized he should not post on the thread dedicated to his idiocy.....in case you missed it, this thread has nothing to do with Lincoln and everything to do with mocking you.... :shades:

From another Lincoln slappy who refuses to look at reality and monthly sales figures and just buys the party line year after year. I will believe it when I see it. Until then, I will focus on the MK quadtuplets and their depressing sales and sketchy plan of creating three more MKnuggets. The MK quadtuplets are all NEW and none are setting the world on fire. Read the frickin sales reports. Especially look at the year to year comparisons which matter much more than monthly numbers. No bright spots anywhere. Again, try not to confuse criticism with Ford which is entirely different.

And again, I hope I'm wrong and that in few years Lincoln is on its way to health, but the present remains along with immediate future, and it's not good. Ford is far too sketchy about upcoming plans to instill any optimism. Meanwhile, the MK quadtuplets underperform mightily. At least another 18 months of stormy weather.

From another Lincoln slappy who refuses to look at reality and monthly sales figures and just buys the party line year after year....

Thats it???? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

you are such a tool..... :hysterical:

ADD ON: Thank you Richard Jensen....your wisdom is unmatched in matters such as moderation.....

Edited by twintornados

Lincoln is just a badge engineered Ford:

-No unique features

-No unique power trains

-No unique platforms

-No unique sheet metal

-Not much more luxurious than a similarly equipped Ford

And yet, despite all of this, Lincoln is still able to compete with other brands!

Imagine what will happen when Ford puts effort into Lincoln.

Edited by GT-Keith

The problem with this thread-or maybe an unintended benefit-is that there are plenty of legit beefs.

It's not "un-Ford-ish" to decry aging platforms, too many shared features, and the outright lack of panache Lincoln suffers from right now.

Had Mercury not been managed by 2 chimps and a moldy burrito for the last era, it could have been the "Euro entry lux" import fighter that Ford needs, while Lincoln could then be brashedly American.

Instead, Lincoln is genuinely a gussied-up-Ford division at least as obnoxiously as Acura is the "overpriced Accord store".

Again, no sarcasm. I'm loving Ford's momentum, but the mishandling of Lincoln/Mercury is pretty glaring right now.

• Like 1