Ford to reveal four new global products at Frankfurt Auto Show

Very much doubt the Mustang would be teased at Frankfurt. But then again, it is apparently going global in the next gen, so who knows?

Revealing a concept/production Mustang in Germany makes sense. Regardless of where it's revealed, Americans are going to buy it. Revealing it in Europe brings their attention to the car, which could boost its success accross the pond. It's a little early for a Mustang concept, but stranger things have happened.

cant wait to see the global Fusion/ Mondeo.....Focus ST we are already familar with, regardless if its 3 or 5 drs, the new Escape will make an appearance no doubt....but #4....hmmmmm......anyone remember rumours of a hyper performance Focus varient that had electric assist?......

Edited by Deanh

Just my guess...

Production Escape/Kuga

Mondeo/Fusion

Focus RS (as opposed to the ST from last year, which will go on sale shortly) - or Focus coupe/Capri

And the design direction concept will be a van... preview of new CD4 S-Max

Edited by bzcat

If FOE have anything to with it, it won't be anything thats exciting or worth buying, it will just be another load of new cars for company fleet/rentall markets awash with company cash that gets passed down second hand after a few years to Joe Public who are not interested one bit.

I very much doubt if there will be anything much exciting to inspire me to buy like a Classic baby F-Series, Mustang or a nice boxy shaped Escape with classic lines the Shift, Mini & Maxi sold in the USA. I am expecting more dull & boring Burka styled inspired Mundane Mondeo's & nothing that floats my boat to want to inspire me to part with my hard earned cash on total boredom on 4 wheels driven by the front 2. Frankfurt will be another turn-off not the slightest bit interested & totally switched off by Ford session for me.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds
  • Like 1

they are launching so many new products next year, where will they all go?

Franfurt

mondeo/fusion concept

or

Capri concept

production focus ST

production kuga

production B-max

LA auto Show

mondeo/fusion concept

production MKz debut in LA,

US debut of Escape

Debut of Capri Concept

US debut of focus ST

NAIAS

production debut mondeo/Fusion

Us debut of B-max

US debut of fiesta face lift

US debut of production C-max HEV

Chicago

flex Face lift

new york

MKT fce lift

new lincoln products

Edited by Biker16

My guesses for potential reveals:

Focus ST

Fiesta Update

Fiesta ST

Production B-Max

Concept Guesses:

Capri/Focus coupe

Fusion-Mondeo preview.

I would be SHOCKED if Ford introduced the production versions of the Escape-Kuga and/or Fusion-Mondeo in Europe first. We all agree that the Focus ST is going to be there, and I am 90% sure the updated Fiesta and possibly the Fiesta ST will be there as well.

My guesses for potential reveals:

Focus ST

Fiesta Update

Fiesta ST

Production B-Max

Concept Guesses:

Capri/Focus coupe

Fusion-Mondeo preview.

I would be SHOCKED if Ford introduced the production versions of the Escape-Kuga and/or Fusion-Mondeo in Europe first. We all agree that the Focus ST is going to be there, and I am 90% sure the updated Fiesta and possibly the Fiesta ST will be there as well.

Why? The Mondeo can have its unveiling in Eu, as with the Kuga, while the Fusion and Escape can be 'unveiled' in the US. Makes perfect sense to me...

Why? The Mondeo can have its unveiling in Eu, as with the Kuga, while the Fusion and Escape can be 'unveiled' in the US. Makes perfect sense to me...

normally you would be right, but ford has so many damn vehicles to launch, in a short period of time.

I would say launch the Escape/Kuga and Mondeo/Fusion in the US saving all the cars with Global names for ROW launches. so the Kuga would bow in LA. Fusion in Detroit.

unlike the EU the Us has 3 major autoshows that attract the global press Detroit, LA and New York. Europe has only 2 Geneva, and Paris/Frankfurt.

FOEs model Cadence has been to bow a concept at one show , and then the production car at the other show. that said I expect the Capri will be in concept form at Frankfurt, and in production form at Geneva.

unlike the EU the Us has 3 major autoshows that attract the global press Detroit, LA and New York. Europe has only 2 Geneva, and Paris/Frankfurt.

Not really...the NY Auto show is so late in the year (April) that for the most part nothing "really new" gets shown there....esp when its a Ford product. The only new thing shown at the NY Auto show in years was the 2013 Taurus and that was nothing more then a refresh

Not really...the NY Auto show is so late in the year (April) that for the most part nothing "really new" gets shown there....esp when its a Ford product. The only new thing shown at the NY Auto show in years was the 2013 Taurus and that was nothing more then a refresh

that is not historically true.

Lincoln has in the past had a strong presence at the new york.

it is the number of debuts that other brands have at NYIAS that makes in an international show.

Lincoln has in the past had a strong presence at the new york.

Since when? I've been going to the NYC Autoshow for the past 20 years or so and they didn't have a SINGLE new release that wasn't shown at Chicago or Detroit Auto shows before hand. This past auto show was the first time I can remember that Ford even had anything "new" that wasn't shown else where.

Since when? I've been going to the NYC Autoshow for the past 20 years or so and they didn't have a SINGLE new release that wasn't shown at Chicago or Detroit Auto shows before hand. This past auto show was the first time I can remember that Ford even had anything "new" that wasn't shown else where.

Flex was first shown at NYIAS in 2007