Ford to reveal four new global products at Frankfurt Auto Show

Y'know what, I think this is a bastard mule - it's both. Hear me out - does this outline look like a current Ford or perhaps an all-new Lincoln?:

But the nose is almost a direct copy of the Focus Electric (couldn't get the exact angle, but surely you can see what I mean...):

If you read the article on Car and Driver where the pictures originate, you'll find that the grille has been left off,

so it could be either next Gen Mondeo, Fusion or MKZ

LINK

Could It Be a Lincoln?

Conspicuously absent from this prototype is a grille, leaving the door open for speculation that it is a 2013 Lincoln MKZ. We firmly believe it’s the Ford platform mate, however, considering that the hood’s leading edge appears far more compatible with a hexagonal grille insert, à la 2013 Taurus, than a Lincoln-style waterfall. Moreover, the worldwide-market Fusion/Mondeo are vastly more important than the U.S.-only MKZ, making them the higher development priority.

If they knew that the grille was absent, wouldn't they know what it was originally then? Who says that isn't the actual grille?

No because the grille contains a lot of detail, Lincoln uses a very distinctive waterfall pattern,

if you were trying to conceal that fact, removing the grille would be one way of doing that.....

I'm confused, what do you think it is???

IMO, it's a bastard mule, made to deliberately cause this confusion among those discussing it. However, I can only be proven wrong when the real thing is unveiled and not beforehand, unless you know something we don't?

EDIT: I do however understand what you are saying, but with the belief that Lincolns aren't sharing anymore body panels with Fords, the front isn't much of a difference from a Focus Electric...

Edited by Aussie_Ford

IMO, it's a bastard mule, made to deliberately cause this confusion among those discussing it. However, I can only be proven wrong when the real thing is unveiled and not beforehand, unless you know something we don't?

EDIT: I do however understand what you are saying, but with the belief that Lincolns aren't sharing anymore body panels with Fords, the front isn't much of a difference from a Focus Electric...

No, the Mondeo with covered nose is a mule, probably to test HVAC, The pictures you posted is no mule,

it's a near complete new car, I suspect it's the next Lincoln MKZ due to removal of signature grille.

But it could quite easily be next generation Fusion or even Mondeo, Ford is keeping us guessing....

Y'know what, I think this is a bastard mule - it's both...

I agree icon14.gif

imho the tail lites look Lincolny (wheels too fwiw)

& the hood looks like the Frankfurt teaser

I asked Brenda Priddy, who thought it was the MKZ,

if it looked longer than the current CD3's since I've seen numerous posts that the Z will be a bit bigger than the Fusion;

but she hasn't replied frown.gif

I agree icon14.gif

imho the tail lites look Lincolny (wheels too fwiw)

& the hood looks like the Frankfurt teaser

I asked Brenda Priddy, who thought it was the MKZ,

if it looked longer than the current CD3's since I've seen numerous posts that the Z will be a bit bigger than the Fusion;

but she hasn't replied frown.gif

Agree with your thoughts on it being a possible MKZ, remember that Mondeo has 112" wheelbase which is significantly

longer than current CD3 Fusion/MKZ so will change the appearance of the car completely and give more of a big car ride.

Agree with your thoughts on it being a possible MKZ, remember that Mondeo has 112" wheelbase which is significantly

longer than current CD3 Fusion/MKZ so will change the appearance of the car completely and give more of a big car ride.

I agree that car is not the fusion but the MKz

it may be that ford is looking to go all I4 for the fusion and the eliminates the need for as long of a front overhang.

this could save weight as well.

AUTO EXPRESS

Leading the charge will be a concept that reveals the latest family-look for the brand, which we won’t see on the road until 2014. It's dubbed by insiders simply as “Kinetic 2.0” and teased in the official invite.

A spokesman for the company said that the concept was “seventy to eighty percent confirmed for production” but by showing it early “there’ll be an opportunity to take customer feedback on board before finalizing the design.”

AUTO EXPRESS

Leading the charge will be a concept that reveals the latest family-look for the brand, which we won't see on the road until 2014. It's dubbed by insiders simply as "Kinetic 2.0" and teased in the official invite.

A spokesman for the company said that the concept was "seventy to eighty percent confirmed for production" but by showing it early "there'll be an opportunity to take customer feedback on board before finalizing the design."

Capri it is.

here’s a new model bonanza at Ford, with the Blue Oval planning to launch five fully-fledged new models at the Frankfurt Motor show.

On the company’s biggest ever stand at the show – which will include a 2,800m2 track – the focus will be split between an all-new design concept showcasing Ford’s future styling direction, and two hot new performance versions of the brand’s mainstream models.

Leading the charge will be a concept that reveals the latest family-look for the brand, which we won’t see on the road until 2014. It's dubbed by insiders simply as “Kinetic 2.0” and teased in the official invite.

A spokesman for the company said that the concept was “seventy to eighty percent confirmed for production” but by showing it early “there’ll be an opportunity to take customer feedback on board before finalizing the design.”

Heading up the production models will be the Focus ST shown as a concept at the Paris Motor Show last year, which does away with the old five-cylinder turbo engine in favour of an efficient 2.0-litre direct injection unit.

Producing around 247bhp, it should be good for 0-62mph in less than six seconds and a 155mph top speed, putting it on a par with its fiercest rival, the RS Megane 250, but unlike before the Focus will not be available as a coupe.

Joining it on the stand will be the long-awaited Fiesta ST, set to be unveiled as a surprise alongside its bigger brother, with both models hitting showrooms next year.

Featuring a smaller 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine tuned to make around 200bhp. The Fiesta will also borrow the torque-vectoring system from the Focus to aid agility, and will ape its aggressive styling too, with a gaping honeycomb grille and blistered wheel arches.

Completing the set will be the production version of the B-MAX, with new details about its ultra-efficient 1.0-litre three-cylinder EcoBoost engine, and the Ford Ranger pick-up, a global car designed and developed by Ford of Australia. The Ranger will be available in five different bodystyles, with the most efficient model coming with a new 148bhp 2.2-litre TDCi engine.

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/271039/ford_to_reveal_five_new_models_at_frankfurt.html#ixzz1Uh0TzSA0

Edited by Biker16

I was reading a document OEM model forecast for European assembly plants, dated 01/03/2011, Sources: CSM Worldwide Yearly Production Automotive Marketing Germany.

And the start of production date for the next CD4 C391 Mondeo is listed for July 2013, and the next C1 MCA C520 Kuga start of production date for October 2012.

From other reports I have read both these start up dates are 1 year later then expected.

Another interesting detail on this above report is a Ford car named C-Coupe , to be assembled at Saarlouis alongside the new Focus codename is C407 with a start of production date October 2011.

Anyone here come across start up dates for these models (Fusion/Escape) for North American plants?

I have a relative that is working for a company in Canada who is supplying parts for the new Escape and he was saying start up

at Louisville is October 2011.

Edited by MKII

200hp in a Fiesta...magic number...and needed to be to one up the regular Cooper S, should give the John Cooper Works a real run for its money at approx 7k cheaper I would assume....man, now thers a fun car, perhaps even more than the hotrodded Focus....

• Like 1

Another interesting detail on this above report is a Ford car named C-Coupe , to be assembled at Saarlouis alongside the new Focus codename is C407 with a start of production date October 2011.

The C1 Focus had a platform name of C307...so I wouldn't look into it too much

Anyone here come across start up dates for these models (Fusion/Escape) for North American plants?

I have a relative that is working for a company in Canada who is supplying parts for the new Escape and he was saying start up

at Louisville is October 2011.

I know its been stated several times that Louisville is going into production 4th Quarter of this year...so I'd expect that the Escape and the Kuga will be shown very soon.

As for the Fusion...I don't think anything is etch in stone just yet...KCAP is still a wildcard and nothing has been really reported about any changes in Hermosillo. I think partly this is due to contract talks in a month or two with the UAW.

• 4 weeks later...

GUYS! This is the production design of the Fusion, not a bastard mule or MKZ...this is the car. But people will convince themselves otherwise I'm sure. But it is missing the grille insert, of which there will be two variations in production.

Edited by BORG

B-Max = Fiesta Station Wagon w/ sliders.

Regarding the Frankfurt Press Conference, the Evos Concept is stunning live in motion.

"This is not a design you'll see 4 years away, instead 4 MONTHS away." - J. Mays

Edited by Hugh