Silent Majority

Chicago Assembly Plant. It's a good contract for the membership. All these non-skilled laborers who think they deserve more... can take the $50,000 buyout and come back later as LTS's because no one else will hire them. People don't let these idiots (that cannot even manage their households) dictate the conversation. Vote YES ... I'm very dissapointed to hear so many union appointed cronies bad mouth this contract ... they are the #1 beneficiaries of the status quo ... They should not be allowed to bad mouth the UAW.

• Like 10

Chicago Assembly Plant. It's a good contract for the membership. All these non-skilled laborers who think they deserve more... can take the $50,000 buyout and come back later as LTS's because no one else will hire them. People don't let these idiots (that cannot even manage their households) dictate the conversation. Vote YES ... I'm very dissapointed to hear so many union appointed cronies bad mouth this contract ... they are the #1 beneficiaries of the status quo ... They should not be allowed to bad mouth the UAW.

this guy is a ball sack that dont know shit----probably a cubs fan also and they suck also-----this deal is shitty-----VOTE NO

• Like 3

this guy is a ball sack that dont know shit----probably a cubs fan also and they suck also-----this deal is shitty-----VOTE NO

Wait.... one... minute.... my Cubs don't SUCK!!!! they are professional losers and dam it they are the best!!!! Leave my Cubs out of your really intelligent evaluation of my fellow CAP member.... one beer in left field at Wrigley and you would understand...

• Like 2

Wait.... one... minute.... my Cubs don't SUCK!!!! they are professional losers and dam it they are the best!!!! Leave my Cubs out of your really intelligent evaluation of my fellow CAP member.... one beer in left field at Wrigley and you would understand...

Yes he would understand!!! (well maybe?)(probably not) Too busy being Negative!

Overall, this is a decent contract, and my vote is "yes". This contract provides 6000 new jobs. This contract saves Ohio Assembly, and Flatrock from closing. This contract gives us about $10,000 in the next few months. I do wish it gave back some of our benefits, but for the most part I can deal with this contract. The most important reason to vote yes is to maintain a good public image. Since Ford did not accept tax money in the bad economic times, we were able to gain some new customer. Many of these customers are former GM and Chrysler buyers. If we reject a contract that gives us $10,000, and all the pay and benefits we now receive, we will lose customers.

• Like 5

The only reason this low senorita wants it to pass is because Team leaders will get a 1.50 RAISE while the reg worker with a hell of a lot more time then this lazy no good piece of shit gets nothing for another 4 YEARS

Edited by snoopy
  • Like 2

The only reason this low senorita wants it to pass is because Team leaders will get a 1.50 RAISE while the reg worker with a hell of a lot more time then this lazy no good piece of shit gets nothing for another 4 YEARS

I was wondering when "president in exile" General Dorkowicz would start posting. Hey, get a life asshole! We got jobs and we got money, we got more for Entry Level and increased benefits. So, stick it up your ass, Gary!

• Like 1

I'm with you brother!

• Like 4

The worlds economy is still extremely weak. I would have liked a raise also, but think about the consequences of voting no. If we vote no on this contract it would be a huge public relations nightmare! Ford has won many customers by not taking government money, do you really want to alienate those new Ford car buyers by turning down this contract? Maybe in four more years the economy will be stronger, but for right now this is as good as it gets! Think about the unemployed and the underemployed who are making minimum wage and have no health insurance. You are lucky to have a good job with such great benefits. Vote yes!

• Like 5

The worlds economy is still extremely weak. I would have liked a raise also, but think about the consequences of voting no. If we vote no on this contract it would be a huge public relations nightmare! Ford has won many customers by not taking government money, do you really want to alienate those new Ford car buyers by turning down this contract? Maybe in four more years the economy will be stronger, but for right now this is as good as it gets! Think about the unemployed and the underemployed who are making minimum wage and have no health insurance. You are lucky to have a good job with such great benefits. Vote yes!

I don't see how anyone can look at what was negotiated and say no. Look what we've been through the past 10 years. This is a very good contract.

• Like 2

Overall, this is a decent contract, and my vote is "yes". This contract provides 6000 new jobs. This contract saves Ohio Assembly, and Flatrock from closing.

THE LAST CONTRACT WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING A NEW PRODUCT TO OHAP. WHY DOES FORD GET A PASS ON NOT FULFILLING THEIR OBLIGATIONS? OH, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU GOT $10,000. YOU GOT LONG TERM PRODUCT. YOU GOT JOB SECURITY. YOUR PLANT IS NOT CLOSING. YOU ARE NOT FACING LOSING A SHIFT.

IN SOLIDARITY!

• Like 2

THE LAST CONTRACT WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING A NEW PRODUCT TO OHAP. WHY DOES FORD GET A PASS ON NOT FULFILLING THEIR OBLIGATIONS? OH, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU GOT $10,000. YOU GOT LONG TERM PRODUCT. YOU GOT JOB SECURITY. YOUR PLANT IS NOT CLOSING. YOU ARE NOT FACING LOSING A SHIFT.

IN SOLIDARITY!

The IUAW has done a good job through these past 5 years of economic turmoil ensuring product commitments. As we can see the vision of the IUAW has paid off well for our job security. Moving forward this $16 Billion dollars are far better invested in America than Canada, Mexico or other countries.

Most dont understand the actual value of $16 billion. OHAP and AAI have been saved, to that I credit the IUAWs vision, proven time and time again

I will vote in favor of this agreement for it serves its main purpose of our most valued need, JOB SECURITY

• Like 3

The IUAW has done a good job through these past 5 years of economic turmoil ensuring product commitments. As we can see the vision of the IUAW has paid off well for our job security. Moving forward this $16 Billion dollars are far better invested in America than Canada, Mexico or other countries.

Most dont understand the actual value of $16 billion. OHAP and AAI have been saved, to that I credit the IUAWs vision, proven time and time again

I will vote in favor of this agreement for it serves its main purpose of our most valued need, JOB SECURITY

Well said, my brother, very well said!!
  • Like 3

I cannot believe the extent and dollar amount of investments that Ford is willing to make if we ratify this contract.PEOPLE there is a bad economy out there in case you havent noticed.There will always be winners and losers in any UAW contract but I say this- A rising tide lifts all ships.Vote yes,let Ford invest BILLIONS into modernizing USA plants and hope that industry sales level picks up.$6,000 aint bad.Keep in mind that Ford jr. just might say "Okay I tried" and fold up his wallet.Lets go half way this time.The economy is not right for a fight.I want that $6,000 check!HURRY!Ah yes Chicago,,,,,I was born there.As for the Cubs,,,,,,"C`mon everybody,,,and a one and a two",Harry Caray.Bozo rocked.Garfield Goose was a psycho and Fahey Flynn always wore a bowtie!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 3

Unless you are at WHSP.

Enjoy the Jet-ski.

I also will be voting YES.

I work at DTP. I have almost 20 years seniority. This is my third plant, all assembly (Wixom,aai,dtp)

The impact of the bad economy over the last few years has caused some of my family members (plural) to lose their jobs and their homes.

I realize how lucky I am to have a job.

I also had a family member in a Salaried position who lost his job when Ford trimmed people. He had no union to fall back on.

He will not be "GETTING BACK WHAT HE LOST" Like some people are saying they need to be getting in this contract...

Here is some math to look at, I may be off base here, but from what I have seen so far in the contract is that we will be receiving $10,000.00 by the end of this year in total bonuses.

Break it down:

$10,000.00 divided into four years of the contract = $2,500.00 bucks a year.

$2,500.00 bucks a year divided into 52 weeks in that year = Around $48.00 bucks a week

$48.00 bucks a week divided into your forty hours worked that week = $1.20 an hour.

So, In essence ford is guaranteeing you a payment that will be equal to you getting $1.20 an hour raise for the next four years.

That doesn't sound too bad to me considering that if you add in the other payments the $10,000.00 amount climbs to over $16,000.00 before the end of the contract.

Edited by Back-Glass-Ass
  • Like 5

I also will be voting YES.

I work at DTP. I have almost 20 years seniority. This is my third plant, all assembly (Wixom,aai,dtp)

The impact of the bad economy over the last few years has caused some of my family members (plural) to lose their jobs and their homes.

I realize how lucky I am to have a job.

I also had a family member in a Salaried position who lost his job when Ford trimmed people. He had no union to fall back on.

He will not be "GETTING BACK WHAT HE LOST" Like some people are saying they need to be getting in this contract...

Here is some math to look at, I may be off base here, but from what I have seen so far in the contract is that we will be receiving $10,000.00 by the end of this year in total bonuses.

Break it down:

$10,000.00 divided into four years of the contract = $2,500.00 bucks a year.

$2,500.00 bucks a year divided into 52 weeks in that year = Around $48.00 bucks a week

$48.00 bucks a week divided into your forty hours worked that week = $1.20 an hour.

So, In essence ford is guaranteeing you a payment that will be equal to you getting $1.20 an hour raise for the next four years.

That doesn't sound too bad to me considering that if you add in the other payments the $10,000.00 amount climbs to over $16,000.00 before the end of the contract.

Fair enough, but seriously minus the taxes of that $10,000, go back to 2003 when raises were no longer given, fast forward to when this contract ends and the overall picture might be a 10 cent raise per year over 10 years!!! Right is right, fair is fair, but come on more than enough people have left at full time wages, benefits etc. One dime/if that per year raise, one dime. O.k. add up the other bonus stuff and divide that into a four year contract and then again by 10 years!! I'm sorry that your family and friends lost their jobs, I truly am but someone has to make these cars and it should be a smack in the face to you, probably a very loyal 20 year veteran, that you are not worth more than 10 cents while the top get paid so lucrative. Demand drives product. People have to like the product to buy it. Our wages are competitive. Sorry but the I.U.A.W in what they stand for has diminished with givebacks to corporate greed. They fight a good fight for Heath Care Benefits, I give them that, but they left their veteran employees in the dust. Let me ask u this? If the second tier can get a raise over the next four years, why not split the difference down the middle and go 50/50 to veterans as well as the 2nd tier. Hell, they lost everything they stand for by allowing this 2nd tier shit to happen in the first place!!

• Like 1

This contract makes us pay for what Ford did not put into the VEBA. The VEBA is underfunded because Ford only put in 57% of what was needed for retiree health care. Retirees are paying more out of pocket. Instead of making Ford pay for their obligations, this contract would take 10% of any profit-sharing we might get to put into the VEBA.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees’ Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

There are promises of new jobs. But remember the 2007 contract where Ford promised to save 10,000 jobs – instead we lost 17,300 jobs. If you look closely at the promises of jobs, it is mostly work that Ford was going to do anyway.

When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.

Can't find anything in this agreement that we retain the right to strike, what's up with that?

• Like 1

Overall, this is a decent contract, and my vote is "yes". This contract provides 6000 new jobs. This contract saves Ohio Assembly, and Flatrock from closing. This contract gives us about $10,000 in the next few months. I do wish it gave back some of our benefits, but for the most part I can deal with this contract. The most important reason to vote yes is to maintain a good public image. Since Ford did not accept tax money in the bad economic times, we were able to gain some new customer. Many of these customers are former GM and Chrysler buyers. If we reject a contract that gives us $10,000, and all the pay and benefits we now receive, we will lose customers.

This contract makes us pay for what Ford did not put into the VEBA. The VEBA is underfunded because Ford only put in 57% of what was needed for retiree health care. Retirees are paying more out of pocket. Instead of making Ford pay for their obligations, this contract would take 10% of any profit-sharing we might get to put into the VEBA.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees’ Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

There are promises of new jobs. But remember the 2007 contract where Ford promised to save 10,000 jobs – instead we lost 17,300 jobs. If you look closely at the promises of jobs, it is mostly work that Ford was going to do anyway.

When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.

Can't find anything in this agreement that we retain the right to strike, what's up with that?

• Like 1

No thanks on the new deal, I'll be a no vote.

• Like 1

Agree 100%. You still need to add in the $1,500 per year plus additional profit sharing numbers. It can add up to a nice number over 4 years and if this contract is turned down you can bet those numbers will be plastered all over the news media and Ford will lose big time in the public PR arena which will hurt sales just as you said. Most workers, including union workers in today's America are taking it on the chin and even they will turn against Ford workers. This will result in a big loss in sales and the workers will be guaranteed to get less whether in smaller profit sharing or closed plants, opening up the contract again, etc.. Getting wage increases back would be great but that can be fought for the next contract if the economy is better. You can only fight from strength and given the numbers of UAW members in the big three the UAW did a great job. The UAW has no strength now and will lose big time, especially at Ford, if the contract is turned down.

• Like 1

The guy who started this is a leader?! And it sounds like he thinks he has a job that requires super intelligence. Most of the intelligent people with wisdom don't want to be leaders because they refuse to be industrial whores.

What we have been "given". I don't know about you but I work for my pay and benefits. I have worked some of the crappiest shifts imaginable and sacrificed a lot of time with my family. The company hasn't "given" me...or you anything. If you don't feel you have earned it then that's your issue. I don't have a guilt complex regarding my compensation. And without a union you would be getting a lot less.

I never make a purchase decision based on what the employees who make a product earn (unless they are slave labor which I don't support). Sure, I'm going to the store to by an entry door for my house. I find one that I like at a competitive price that I am comfortable with....wait, let me do a check on how much all the employees at that company are compensated first. You have to be f___in kidding me! :banghead:

Edited by Hard Driver
  • Like 3

It is a YES vote for me. This is a good contract and all the greedy ones who think we should get some ridiculous amount of a signing bonus and a raise also need to get a reality check. I am more than happy with my hourly rate. I am glad the two-tier get a decent raise because they deserve it ($19.28 an hour is a respectable wage but $15 an hour wasn't) . All the bonus $$ we will get is just icing on the cake in my opinion. Kinda makes me want to go out and buy the wife a new Fusion, but I'm gonna wait for one made at Flat Rock.

• Like 3