Ford Motor Company U.S. sales increased 14 percent in February

So what happened to all the talk about how they didn't need to incentivize vehicles to get them to move? Focus is a good example, dead for a few months and then suddenly they move with 2,000 cash on the hood.

Gas prices increasing? Maybe?

Better inventory? Maybe?

Most of the "issues" with the DCT resolved? Maybe?

Nice weather getting people out to the dealerships? Maybe?

Additional of a manual transmission? Maybe?

Better advertising? Maybe?

Incentives? Maybe?

Coincidence? Maybe?

• Like 1

The problem is, Ford is a bit on the low side already when it comes to revenue per vehicle, about $31K vs $33K at GM for example.

And yet Ford is more profitable than GM.

Don't read too much into 'revenue per vehicle' as that's a distorted metric.

1 - it's average, not median, so a $45k Escalade + a $15k Cruze is the same as two $30k Fusions on which Ford turns a profit.

2 - I'm pretty sure that those numbers are off. Significantly off.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, Im going post after post to see the LINK to the sales chart, and it took 33# for someone to post it... the day-time posters, are slacking geesh :P

I was looking for it too.....finally had to go find it myself and post the link

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, Im going post after post to see the LINK to the sales chart, and it took 33# for someone to post it... the day-time posters, are slacking geesh :P

I was looking for it too.....finally had to go find it myself and post the link

Sorry, gents. I usually get these posted ASAP, but spent my day renovating a bathroom and my night has been full of breaking news. :angry2:

Daytime nothing, I started the thread at 2am Aussie time the figures came straight off the web broadcast,

that's why there was no link, had to grab 3 hours sleep before a 10 hour work day...

Edited by jpd80

Sorry, gents. I usually get these posted ASAP, but spent my day renovating a bathroom and my night has been full of breaking news. :angry2:

How ironic, we have been renovating a bathroom also. I'm sick of painting, and prying calking out from around the window. On as side note, it is looking nice..................... much nicer than my bathroom. (sigh) (it is the bathroom that my mother shares with my son)

That is a mite higher than I expected, though I suppose that has to be taken in the context of most rental fleet purchases occurring in January...

Apologies, that was my fault very tired when posting and listening to web cast,

the total fleet sales was 31% .... not rentals.

If you look at what I posted, it becomes obvious something is wrong:

Fleet sales Feb

Rental 15 %

commercial 14%

Govt 3 %

Fleet sales Year to date

Rental 31% 15%

Commercial 12%

Govt 4%

Total = 31%

Apologies, that was my fault very tired when posting and listening to web cast,

the total fleet sales was 31% .... not rentals.

If you look at what I posted, it becomes obvious something is wrong:

Fleet sales Feb

Rental 15 %

commercial 14%

Govt 3 %

Fleet sales Year to date

Rental 31% 15%

Commercial 12%

Govt 4%

Total = 31%

No apologies necessary - you're the only one who put out the effort to transcribe direct sales call data, so you deserve a commendation for the nearly perfect data you put up there!

31% year to date and 15% in february would have meant something like 45%-50% in January - around the same number bandied around for Focus rental fleet sales by a journalist who faced scrutiny around here since she refuses to release her underlying data...

Edited by Noah Harbinger

Sorry! I was going to put the pdf LINK on 11#. But I didn't want to take the credit from the post starter Jpd80. So, I changed my mind. And let Jpd80 may be posting it in 1# ....

My bad! :baby:

Gas prices increasing? Maybe?

Better inventory? Maybe?

Most of the "issues" with the DCT resolved? Maybe?

Nice weather getting people out to the dealerships? Maybe?

Additional of a manual transmission? Maybe?

Better advertising? Maybe?

Incentives? Maybe?

Coincidence? Maybe?

I would add consumer perception changing, realizing now that the new Focus has nothing to do with the old Focus.

I myself am also adding an extra bathroom to my house, right now i'm in the process of cutting the concrete slab, to tie into an existing sewer line after getting it mapped out. So between that, laying tiles on the other side of the house, then shower, then dinner, then out for awhile, it wasn't till 10pm I get home to read all these posts and i'm like "hmm, link? link?"...

We just remodeled my daughter's/guest bathroom. It's a jack and jill with separate vanities and a shared bathtub/toilet. We took out the bathtub and replaced it with a shower and replaced the floor tile to match. The only part I hired out was moving and replacing the shower valve. We used the Schluter-Kerdi shower system and Ditra floor underlayment. Both are great products. But I'm sick and tired of thinset. Thinset the shower tray to the floor. Thinset the membrane to the walls and floor. Thinset the corner strips to cover the transitions. Thinset the curb to the floor. Thinset the membrane to the curb. Thinset the corner pieces. Thinset the Ditra to the subfloor. THEN you can thinset the tile. But when you're done it's 100% waterproof.

post-22831-0-86955300-1330700263_thumb.jpg

post-22831-0-49289300-1330700346_thumb.jpg

We just remodeled my daughter's/guest bathroom. It's a jack and jill with separate vanities and a shared bathtub/toilet. We took out the bathtub and replaced it with a shower and replaced the floor tile to match. The only part I hired out was moving and replacing the shower valve. We used the Schluter-Kerdi shower system and Ditra floor underlayment. Both are great products. But I'm sick and tired of thinset. Thinset the shower tray to the floor. Thinset the membrane to the walls and floor. Thinset the corner strips to cover the transitions. Thinset the curb to the floor. Thinset the membrane to the curb. Thinset the corner pieces. Thinset the Ditra to the subfloor. THEN you can thinset the tile. But when you're done it's 100% waterproof.

Very nice!

Want to do ours? That is what my wife wants. I laid tile in about a 4' square area when we put in our pellet stove. I HATED IT! Never again will I lay tile! It looks nice, so I'll have someone else do it. I finished our entire basement with the exception of having the knockdown sprayed on the walls and laying the carpet, but I won't lay tile myself again!

Very nice!

Want to do ours? That is what my wife wants. I laid tile in about a 4' square area when we put in our pellet stove. I HATED IT! Never again will I lay tile! It looks nice, so I'll have someone else do it. I finished our entire basement with the exception of having the knockdown sprayed on the walls and laying the carpet, but I won't lay tile myself again!

I kinda like laying the tile, although cutting it can be tedious. What I hated was all the prep.