MyFordTouch upgrade's in the mail

Which part? The move to the SEC? I'm a bit bummed about that myself, but seeing how the Big 12 is becoming Big Texas with Texas getting preferential treatment, I think it's a good thing for Mizzou.

The Mizzou losing part.

And I agree totally about Mizzou leaving for the SEC.

The Big XII, or "Texas and Friends", is a toxic conference. I wouldn't advise any college that can leave to stay. I can't stand the way Texas bullied around the rest of the Big XII.

As far as Kansas goes, well, shoot. SDSU went D-1 4 years before USD and it ended the longest 'State/U' rivalry in the country. You've got to do what's best for your institution, you can't be held hostage by other schools.

Which part? The move to the SEC? I'm a bit bummed about that myself, but seeing how the Big 12 is becoming Big Texas with Texas getting preferential treatment, I think it's a good thing for Mizzou. I just hope Kansas can get off their high horse, quit pouting about Mizzou leaving, and realize how much the rivalry really means to the fans. I would love to see the MU/KU game continue even if it is out of conference.

Which reminds me, I still don't see the logic in how Mizzou will be in the SEC East. On the other hand, Mizzou-UGA should be a VERY interesting game.

As much as I hated to see Mizzou lose (of course, I'm a HUGE fan), Norfolk St. played a helluva game. They deserved the win more than Mizzou did. Mizzou didn't play their game, and I think they came in with heads a bit too big. I hope Norfolk St. can win a couple more...

On behalf of my younger brother, uncle, and cousin who are all alums, BEHOLD THE GREEN AND GOLD! :happy feet:

Fun fact: if NSU beats Florida, they'll instantly be the most successful MEAC team in history by reaching the Sweet 16.

------

OK, back to MFT if you wish... :shades:

I confuzed by conversation above.

Anyway, all eyes on me again. System continues to work much better. I'm still having some fits with connected USB media like an iPod or iAnything charging on the USB port. Randomly, the system will switch to USB and Autoplay. Bluetooth Audio is now much more stable, it had become effectively useless because it would have a hard time reconnecting at startup and lock up the system until it gave-up and jumped back to Radio at full-volume (ARRGH!). Ironically, Bluetooth Audio is rock solid in the older Sync cars. I continue to LOVE the new look of the system, nice fonts and UI graphics. I'm still waiting on the packet for the Edge. Seems to be rolling out according to the age of the car, my MKX was among the early MLT/MFT cars.

Edited by BORG

On behalf of my younger brother, uncle, and cousin who are all alums, BEHOLD THE GREEN AND GOLD! :happy feet:

I have a soft spot for HBCUs. The larger ones are almost all land grant institutions, as is my alma mater, and the way they've been treated by the various states that sponsor them is pretty shabby. I mean the feds basically forced the states to open them, and the states have had a begrudging and parsimonious attitude toward them ever since.

Edited by RichardJensen

I have a soft spot for HBCUs. The larger ones are almost all land grant institutions, as is my alma mater, and the way they've been treated by the various states that sponsor them is pretty shabby. I mean the feds basically forced the states to open them, and the states have had a begrudging and parsimonious attitude toward them ever since.

Both my alma mater and my current school are land-grant universities as well. There's a running joke at Virginia Tech that the administration took all that land and constructed an 18-hole golf course. :P

Though HBCUs have a long storied history and many rich traditions, it's a shame as to why they were founded in the first place.

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

it's a shame as to why they were founded in the first place.

And I think that plays a role in the shabby way they're treated. They were treated shabbily during Jim Crow, and now they're treated shabbily because they're a reminder of Jim Crow.

I have a laundry list of complaints about South Dakota's central governing board for public universities, but they don't play favorites.

--

And interesting part of the Morrill Land Grants is that many established states were given land grants from federal lands in other states and territories, and those states tried to scout out the best and most valuable lands for their land grants.

The Mizzou losing part.

Yeah, that's understandable. Norfolk St. was the underdog, and I'm sure they had a lot of fans in the stadium with Kansas playing afterwards. :)

And I agree totally about Mizzou leaving for the SEC.

The Big XII, or "Texas and Friends", is a toxic conference. I wouldn't advise any college that can leave to stay. I can't stand the way Texas bullied around the rest of the Big XII.

As far as Kansas goes, well, shoot. SDSU went D-1 4 years before USD and it ended the longest 'State/U' rivalry in the country. You've got to do what's best for your institution, you can't be held hostage by other schools.

I agree you have to do what's best for your institution, which is why Mizzou left. I just don't think KU can get over the heartbreak and see that the MU/KU rivalry is good for both schools, as well as fans and players alike! Imagine the income from a game like that! The excitement around that game was always amazing. I live about an hour from the MU campus, and it gets nuts around here at that time. Oh well, no more I guess.

Which reminds me, I still don't see the logic in how Mizzou will be in the SEC East. On the other hand, Mizzou-UGA should be a VERY interesting game.

Doesn't make sense to me either. I don't think they wanted to mess up some other rivalry to add MU to the West. I've got some SEC learning to do. Fun fact...I do quite a bit of work for LSU. It will be a fun Tiger rivalry, though I'm sure MIzzou will get our a$$es handed to us in football by most of the SEC for quite a while.

See post #85 of this thread for the list and also give this a test:

Select a preset for a FM station and then tune up/down using manual tuning. See if your frequency display disappears.

I just played with an Edge this morning where the update was mature: phone was already synced, recall done 12 days ago. I was replacing the front controls interface module. Randomly the sound settings screen would pop up because there was a problem with the "switch pack" on the controls.

Anywho, the frequency display stayed put. Maybe a Focus thing?

I just played with an Edge this morning where the update was mature: phone was already synced, recall done 12 days ago. I was replacing the front controls interface module. Randomly the sound settings screen would pop up because there was a problem with the "switch pack" on the controls.

Anywho, the frequency display stayed put. Maybe a Focus thing?

There seems to be many more issues on the Focus and not so much on the Edge and Explorer. Something is different or so it would appear.

• Like 1

Some of the Focus members are now banding together to get the media and Consumer Reports involved in the issues with the 3.0.2 upgrade. Everyone is advised to go to http://bugs.outofmytouch.com/projects/mft/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1 to report bugs with MyFord Touch. This website has been shared with those entities, and the bugs list will be sent to Ford directly.

• Like 2

So far so good, I'm pretty thrilled with the improvements, particularly after initial start-up where the system use to lag horribly.

And who is claiming it's less graphical? Nonsense! The iconography, text, and rendering all looks much smoother and brighter. It's a MUCH cleaner and consistent interface with some very nice touches, such as the graduated zonal wallpaper which makes the controls appear as if they are 3D. Very nice texturing, clearly they've sent this system to somebody with an eye for HMI design.

They have removed most of the animated transitions and I think that's what people are complaining about, but they were SOO bad on the old system that I'm delighted they are gone now. Instead you get very subtle fade-in effects which are quicker and smoother with only occasional lagging evident. This is a BIG improvement, I would not hold back, I'm baffled by those who wish to.

I finally received my upgrade package on Monday and agree that the graphics look a lot better and cleaner than the old version.

The phone connects quickly and voice recognition is a lot more responsive especially after first starting the system.

I've only been playing with it for a couple days but so far I like it a lot better. I haven't used the Nav much yet but it seems to track my location accurately

I can live without the redundant outside air temp display.

Got mine in the mail Thursday, installed it last evening on the way home Friday. Installation was hard...I plugged it into the USB port and had to click OK a few times and keep the car running. I had to reload the phone, took a long time...about a minute.

Sarcasm aside, so far it's been much better, especially navigating in my MP3 player. The lack of the outside temp is a nonissue, I already have it in the instrument cluster. All in all, another mountain out of a nonexistent molehill.

Got mine in the mail Thursday, installed it last evening on the way home Friday. Installation was hard...I plugged it into the USB port and had to click OK a few times and keep the car running. I had to reload the phone, took a long time...about a minute.

Sarcasm aside, so far it's been much better, especially navigating in my MP3 player. The lack of the outside temp is a nonissue, I already have it in the instrument cluster. All in all, another mountain out of a nonexistent molehill.

Give it time. Just because you don't think the outside temp is an issue in your opinion and you haven't had issues doesn't give you the right to say it's nonexistent.

I just spent some time in a new Edge Limited with the upgrade and once again found more issues within 10 minutes of use. The left side bar in the entertainment page disappeared, so you couldn't select AM, FM, sirius, etc. Went to another page and back to entertainment and it was then a grey box, still no buttons. I will post a picture later.

LOL, yeah I agree.

I've been on the upgrade for almost a week and been using it every day on my commute. Its definitely faster, especially at start up, I can use the voice control alot sooner. The Nav is better and more accurate in the areas I drive. I didn't think the last version was that difficult to use, but the new version is easier and you don't have to go down in the menus too far.

Damn all the complaining! With this update the system is much better. Reguardless of all the complaining, it is better. Take the first generation of any new device/system and tell me that none had problems. First Androids, first Iphones, etc... MB command system, BMW I drive. Two options, learn to use it and keep in mind future patches will come out, or trade it.

To be fair, this is the level the system should have came out with from the get go. But it didn't and now it is being improved one step at a time. The interesting part to me is that since it is not on a MB or BMW or some other higher status vehicle, its being raked over the coals. It deserved some heavy critisim because of the lock ups and etc. But what else can you get a system like this in a sub-$30k vehicle? When it works, and a truly compatible device is connected, its a cool feature to have. Before this update, I felt sorry for the owners that had problem after problem, now I think some people are just looking for problems to bitch about. Overall the customers have said its 5 fold better than before. So I think Ford did a fairly good job with the update. You will never make everyone happy.

FWIW if you are having issues after the update, it is very possible your vehicle will need an APIM. I am sure some will need it. Otherwise Ford would not have extended the warranty on them.

• Like 1

Got the upgrade kit yesterday and installed it. System appears to be much better. The touch screen is definitely more responsive than before. I haven't noticed any problems with the system yet.

The only problem I have had is confirming the upgrade on the syncmyride site. I have tried 4 times now. I usually give up after watching the progress bar for about 15-20 minutes. Anyone else had problems?

Update: I had to update Java. I should probably pay more attention to messages on the screen. :)

Edited by CurtisH

Got mine in mail....it installed fine. No issues here. But I don't really tax it. I still use the touch controls mostly. I did edit my phone book before I paired it up again. Making some names simpler, or making some similar names different like using first and last name. KInda giving it more to work with. I've had some problems with voice recognition, and Maybe I caused the problems by the way I had some names in my phone book.