The New Super Duty Platinum

2013-Ford-Super-Duty-Platinum-front-three-quarter-623x389.jpg

From its bold mesh-detailed grille to its exclusive satin-chrome tailgate applique, the new 2013 Ford Super Duty Platinum clearly communicates your hardworking ethic and recognizes your platinum level of success. Inside, Crew Cab spaciousness combines with unique premium leather-trimmed seating to give this Built Ford Tough truck an unprecedented level of sophistication.

Available in the Super Duty Crew Cab, it can be ordered as an F-250, F-350 or F-450 and with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke® diesel engine or the 6.2-liter V8 gas engine.

The Super Duty Platinum clearly stands out, thanks to its unique satin chrome grille surround, 20-inch cast-aluminum wheels with unique painted pockets, a monochromatic bumper and chrome tow hooks. In fact, chrome is king – the door and tailgate handles, mirror caps, running boards, exhaust tip and the Platinum name on the boxside feature it.

Inside, meanwhile, there are special woodgrain appliqués, and a unique heated steering wheel with genuine walnut swirl wood and leather trim. Brown Oliver Ash woodgrain appliqué appears on the instrument panel end caps, center stack and door trims. And a new storage area atop the dash has a USB port, audio-visual connections and a 12-volt charging port for your cell or other digital devices. The voice-controlled MyFord Touch® connectivity system makes its first appearance on the Super Duty, and just for the F-Series, Ford designers have optimized the physical interface for MyFord Touch to accommodate truck users who may be wearing work gloves, by providing easy access to climate controls and audio presets on the center stack.

MyFord Touch is standard equipment along with navigation, power-adjustable pedals, a rearview camera, Remote Start System, a universal garage door opener and power-telescoping mirrors. Available exterior colors are Ruby Red, Kodiak Brown, Tuxedo Black, Ingot Silver and White Platinum, while interior colors include Pecan and Midnight Black.

Do you want to share how you use your Super Duty to get your work done? We’ve created a place just for you. Visit We Own Work and share your story!

The Platinum Super Duty will be available later this year. For more information, visit Ford.com/SuperDutyPlatinum.

LINK - Ford Social

2013-Ford-F-Series-Super-Duty-Platinum-dash-1024x640.jpg

Ford pulled the wraps off of its 2013 F-Series Super Duty Platinum truck today, and are luxury truck buyers in for a treat. The all-new Platinum will sit atop the Super Duty lineup, above the already-opulent King Ranch Super Duty.

Differentiating the Platinum Super Duties from the more proletariat versions are swathes of chrome exterior trim and a unique mesh chrome grille. The wheels have been upgraded to 20-inch polished aluminum alloys with black inserts. Inside, buyers are treated to a revised interior with an all-new center stack. With the 2013 Super Duty Platinum, Ford will begin offering MyFord Touch in its F-Series pickup trucks; the system has been revised for special duty for truck users, including redundant hard buttons for things like audio and climate controls that can be used with work gloves on. To better accommodate the MyFord Touch system, so-equipped Super Duty trucks will see their infotainment screen sizes grow from six to eight inches for 2013, and will receive revised gauges similar to other cars that offer MyFord Touch. Literally topping off the new center stack is a media bin that will have connections to USB, auxiliary, and a/v inputs (the red, white, and yellow plugs). Expect to see MyFord Touch to hit all versions of the F-150 and Super Duty trucks this fall for the 2013 model year.

LINK - Automobile

post-27660-0-93338000-1331307175_thumb.jpg

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Blech... ditch the oversized headlight housings and the garish chunky Tonka truck grille.

Eh, it's not like these are new details for 2013. If anything, I think the perforations in the two large horizontal bars help take away some of the mass on the Platinum trim compared to the others.

I do hope the next gen F-150 and Super Duty can head back toward some sort of aero shape as opposed to the big blockiness of the current ones though.

Eh, it's not like these are new details for 2013. If anything, I think the perforations in the two large horizontal bars help take away some of the mass on the Platinum trim compared to the others.

I do hope the next gen F-150 and Super Duty can head back toward some sort of aero shape as opposed to the big blockiness of the current ones though.

Some spy shots of what's believed to be the 2013 F150 look like a combination of the 2013 Flex headlights and 2012 Super Duty grill. Should be interesting.

YAY...a $70,000 Superduty, no doubt they will FLY off the counters..........sorry, but at the prices the Superduty is commanding their sales volume will continue to decline...I mean what % of Americans can afford THAT note....

• Like 2

YAY...a $70,000 Superduty, no doubt they will FLY off the counters..........sorry, but at the prices the Superduty is commanding their sales volume will continue to decline...I mean what % of Americans can afford THAT note....

Just guessing — 1%? :)

• Like 7

Some spy shots of what's believed to be the 2013 F150 look like a combination of the 2013 Flex headlights and 2012 Super Duty grill. Should be interesting.

Eh, not really expecting much in the way of dramatic changes to the 2013 F-150. It is just a refresh after all. I expect huge changes with the next full redesign though.

maybe with a std cab and vynyl interior....which is not this one, which is my point....

So you think they're building a truck that people won't buy? There's obviously at least some degree of demand for another uplevel SD, otherwise they wouldn't have built it.

Here in the heartland, Platinum and King Ranch F-150s are everywhere, as well as Denali Sierras and King Ranch and Lariat Super Duty's. You might not move that many over on the coast, but I expect these to do okay overall.

• Like 1

Just guessing — 1%? :)

it truely annoys me when I see something like this, to me its an exercise in futility and caters to no one else except the filthy rich, I guess they need loving too....these will no doubt become nothing more than an ornament in large dealers inventories or custom orders when sold from smaller dealers....

it truely annoys me when I see something like this, to me its an exercise in futility and caters to no one else except the filthy rich, I guess they need loving too....these will no doubt become nothing more than an ornament in large dealers inventories or custom orders when sold from smaller dealers....

If Ford doesn't build a truck for the filthy rich, someone else will. A lost customer is a lost customer. And I'd say it'd be a much bigger shame for Ford to lose a customer who buys $70,000 trucks than one who buys $14,000 Fiestas. :shrug:

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 1

Weren't you the one defending the Flex Titanium, because of your local demand for high-end Flex? :stop:

One interesting thing I see with the King Ranch Superduty is that there are more than a few of the non rich who are driving them around. Those and the new Platinum model are seen as status symbols, and if it takes selling the doublewide and renting a singlewide to afford the payments on the pickup, so be it.

• Like 1

Weren't you the one defending the Flex Titanium, because of your local demand for high-end Flex? :stop:

Not surprising a $70K Superduty wouldn't sell great in Cali, but I bet they go like gangbusters in the midwest. Which is probably the reverse of the Flex Titanium.

• Like 1