2013 Lincoln MKZ build site up!

Lincoln just released the "build your own" site for the 2013 MKZ!

http://www.lincoln.com/cars/mkz/2013/build/trs/dispatch.do

• 2.0 EB and Hybrid priced the same, starting at $36,800
  • 3.7 V6 model has $1230 premium
  • series appear to be named Premiere, Select, Reserve and Preferred
  • retractable glass roof is $1795 over sunroof models
  • 3.7 V6 AWD Preferred w/retractable glass roof hits $50,000 with everything

Lincoln just released the "build your own" site for the 2013 MKZ!

http://www.lincoln.c...trs/dispatch.do

• 2.0 EB and Hybrid priced the same, starting at $36,800
  • 3.7 V6 model has $1230 premium
  • series appear to be named Premiere, Select, Reserve and Preferred
  • retractable glass roof is $1795 over sunroof models
  • 3.7 V6 AWD Preferred w/retractable glass roof hits $50,000 with everything

That's weird that now the EB is standard and the V6 is an option. Not long ago the V6 was standard and EB had a price premium. On the Taurus, Edge, and Explorer the V6 is standard. I really thought the V6 would be standard on MKZ and EB the option.

That's weird that now the EB is standard and the V6 is an option. Not long ago the V6 was standard and EB had a price premium. On the Taurus, Edge, and Explorer the V6 is standard. I really thought the V6 would be standard on MKZ and EB the option.

Yes it is the first time an Ecoboost engine is cheaper then the "normal" V6 BUT if you think about it the luxury market usually sets prices based on engine HP/size so I was expecting the 305 HP V6 to be a premium over the 2.0 EB. I think in a few years in the Ford line we'll see the 4 cylinder EB engines to be cheaper than V6 models when offered.

I was pretty well sold on a Titanium Fusion at $34K until I saw the MKZ starting at $36,800. But to get leather you have to step up to the reserve at $40K and fully equipped at $43. I'll stick with the Fusion.

Leather is standard on all MKZ's, it's just a higher grade when you step up to the Reserve model or above....Bridge of Weir leather in fact.

I personally think they finally got it right by doing it this way. I'd been waiting for it.

• Like 1

I was pretty well sold on a Titanium Fusion at $34K until I saw the MKZ starting at $36,800. But to get leather you have to step up to the reserve at $40K and fully equipped at $43. I'll stick with the Fusion.

Leather is standard on all MKZ's, it's just a higher grade when you step up to the Reserve model or above....Bridge of Weir leather in fact.

That's what I thought. I was going to say, a Lincoln without leather standard is not a good way to show the world you have arrived to the luxury market!

Is there a select suspension feature (ccd) like the MKS? Over $50 USD (I got $53,745 too)? Still reasonable from where I'm standing. Now if they had Signature and Cartier editions...But these prices are not set in stone yet. These are feelers like the Fusion.

Edited by Hugh

The description says "leather trimmed seats" and this is what build and price shows:

WTH? The current MKZ doesn't come with cloth, does it? That has to be a mis-print...I just don't see it coming with cloth.

Under standard equipment:

Seats

- Premium Leather-Trimmed Seating Surfaces

- 10-Way Power Heated Driver and Passenger Seats

with 2-way Power Lumbar

- Driver Seat Memory

- Rear Seats with 60/40 Split Bench, Adjustable Head

Restraints and Center Armrest with 2 Cupholders

Yeah, it's just messed up. With the picture you showed, even the top of the line model has cloth listed.

Edited by fordmantpw

Base pricing falls right inline with the (significant) price bump on the Fusion, and both cars really pack on the features and price tag.

The top-end is a bit higher than expected, I didn't think it would push into 50K territory. It's a tough sell for me if it costs as much as a fully loaded MKX.

Edited by BORG

I hope it's a typo, but that wording "leather trimmed" has me a little worried.

Does it mean the inserts are faux leather and rest of seat leather? Usually as leather wears, the outside trim cracks first before inserts show any of that. Leather can be a bitch. Recently some condensation from water bottle got on my leather seat without me noticing, and water somehow soaked in a five by two inch part of seat and stained it. Slightly discolored and rough to touch while surrounding leather is very supple. I'm being told that once water soaks in to leather, you are out of luck.

Does it mean the inserts are faux leather and rest of seat leather?

Normally the seating surfaces are leather and the rest of the seat is Pleather. I have this setup on my Mustang, which has a red interior and for the most part its held up pretty well, though the drivers seat has seen better days...I have a rip in the upper seat (in the seam) where the side airbag would deploy and the seat itself shows wear and tear from my butt getting in and out of it.

Anyways...if this is the final pricing on the MKZ, I can cross it off my list already. I sure as hell don't think it is, since a MKS with the Ecoboost Engine optioned out similarly to a MKZ with the 3.7L v6 is only 2-3K more for a bigger car. I can see the car toping out at around 50K not 53K.

I certainly hope you’re right about the price Silvrsvt. I can probably swing the 53k-plus but that would be getting tough to justify.

As far as the leather is concerned; I’m wondering if this higher grade leather is what I have in my 03 LS. It feels a heck of a lot softer and different than the wife’s Edge and the GT500, and it’s always felt softer even when it was new.

The 'leather' used in the Mustangs is a vinyl coat over split leather, not top grain. Even that is only used on the front seat faces. Head rests, backs and sides and the entire rear seat are vinyl.

In the MKT, the seats are top grain leather faces, vinyl backs in all 6 spaces. Definatly a difference in feel and quality.

• Like 1

I was pleased that the model I was most interested in (202A with no additional options) priced out at just under $40,000, then I remembered the Fusion Hybrid is about $8,000 less with similar options selected. Not sure I'm ready to make the jump to Lincoln just yet.

Normally the seating surfaces are leather and the rest of the seat is Pleather. I have this setup on my Mustang, which has a red interior and for the most part its held up pretty well, though the drivers seat has seen better days...I have a rip in the upper seat (in the seam) where the side airbag would deploy and the seat itself shows wear and tear from my butt getting in and out of it.

"Leather Trimmed Seating Surface" is vinyl on the back and lower portions, Leather on the stuff you see and touch.........It's SOP since at least 1969 as was my 69 Cougar XR-7! Actually back then, on the back seat, only the very top section was leather.

I was pleased that the model I was most interested in (202A with no additional options) priced out at just under $40,000, then I remembered the Fusion Hybrid is about $8,000 less with similar options selected. Not sure I'm ready to make the jump to Lincoln just yet.

That Lincoln experience is actually what’s keeping the “Z” in the running for me and I have even higher expectations with the changes Lincoln is making. My first encounter was with my current LS and although it only lasted 3 years and it was great while it lasted the luck I’ve had with this car is making it very difficult for me not to re-up with them. It also didn’t help that I drove a 13 MKS a couple months back because I wanted to experience the CCD and I loved it. That’s what’s keeping me from considering Fusion Titanium right now.

It’s entirely possible that common sense may prevail in the end and I may back off of my Lincoln desires, but I won’t make that call until I see the final pricing and see how my new dealership works with me.