Ranger T6, EcoSport Spied In Denver

The T6 is not coming to the U.S. but it sure is funny that anytime one is spotted the rumor mill starts. It's a nice smaller truck, but it is not necessary. Most people want a full sized pickup in the U.S. so even if they launched it here sales would likely be poor.

Nah- My bet is the T-6 is a support vehicle for the others and they didn't want to be driving around a truck the size of a 150. Better that they bring a T-6 over than subject the crew to the embarassment of driving a Tacoma, Frontier, colorado etc. :stirpot:

Nah- My bet is the T-6 is a support vehicle for the others and they didn't want to be driving around a truck the size of a 150. Better that they bring a T-6 over than subject the crew to the embarassment of driving a Tacoma, Frontier, colorado etc. :stirpot:

I know you're just stirring the pot a bit, but what is the fuel economy difference between a T6 and a 3.7L F150?

The T6 is not coming to the U.S. but it sure is funny that anytime one is spotted the rumor mill starts. It's a nice smaller truck, but it is not necessary. Most people want a full sized pickup in the U.S. so even if they launched it here sales would likely be poor.

I would buy one.

I've had 3 Rangers.

What I REALLY wanted was a Ranger Sized Plug In Hybrid. If I had that I'd go down to one vehicle.

Now, I have a Honda Ridgeline for my truck, sold my Camry Hybrid, and have a Ford C-Max Energi on order.

Edited by rtshinn
  • Like 1

FordMan- Correct on the pot stirring- I know the MPG numbers are close-but the 3.7 in a 150 from everything I've heard is at best, unimpressive-yes decent MPG but a slug. Second point, I don't want the bulk of a 150. I have an 04 Ranger FX4 Super Cab that one of my kids bought new and I bought from him when it no longer became practical for him. I have a Back Rack on it and it is very practical.

But trust me. I understand the current business case-only so much money to spread around. I'm only hoping when the day comes that Super Duty gets redone, we have: T-6, plus one cab for 150,250,350, and a new cab for 450,550, 650, 750 AND "850" that will mark Ford's return to class 8. Bottom line 3 cabs, no different then exists today counting T-6 but we cover markets better.

Cost wise, T-6 is sunk. Super Duty cost is a given at some point, and the new cab structure that I'm assuming will use big Transit cab components will serve the 450 and up. And I know this is far from this thread, but I say there will be a big future for "Baby 8" trucks. The rails are going to kill long haul trucking once the double stack container issue is solved and the railroad bridge infrastructure is fixed. There will always be a need for a big class 8 to haul coast to coast, but regional distrbution will be where the freight is- pick up the container at the railhead and make the final delivery to the customer or to the distribution center.

But I digress.

• Like 1

FordMan- Correct on the pot stirring- I know the MPG numbers are close-but the 3.7 in a 150 from everything I've heard is at best, unimpressive-yes decent MPG but a slug. Second point, I don't want the bulk of a 150. I have an 04 Ranger FX4 Super Cab that one of my kids bought new and I bought from him when it no longer became practical for him. I have a Back Rack on it and it is very practical.

But trust me. I understand the current business case-only so much money to spread around. I'm only hoping when the day comes that Super Duty gets redone, we have: T-6, plus one cab for 150,250,350, and a new cab for 450,550, 650, 750 AND "850" that will mark Ford's return to class 8. Bottom line 3 cabs, no different then exists today counting T-6 but we cover markets better.

Cost wise, T-6 is sunk. Super Duty cost is a given at some point, and the new cab structure that I'm assuming will use big Transit cab components will serve the 450 and up. And I know this is far from this thread, but I say there will be a big future for "Baby 8" trucks. The rails are going to kill long haul trucking once the double stack container issue is solved and the railroad bridge infrastructure is fixed. There will always be a need for a big class 8 to haul coast to coast, but regional distrbution will be where the freight is- pick up the container at the railhead and make the final delivery to the customer or to the distribution center.

But I digress.

I think there will be a smaller pickup from Ford, when they feel the time is right and they have the other, more important, pieces taken care of.

As far as the common cab between F1,2,350, I just don't see it happening. With the next redesign of the F150, the largest engine you will see will be the 5.0 (at least, that's what I'm betting). To enable the 6.7L diesel to fit under the hood, you have to have a much larger overall size. It just does not make sense, as far as fuel economy improvements for the F150 go, to have a cab that large, just so you can share the cab with the F250-F350 trucks.

• Like 1