Official Cadillac CTS images leaked early

Anthony

I'll reserve judgment until seeing full pictures, but so far exterior-wise I'm not a big fan - I think the front goes a bit too far, while the rear doesn't go far enough, if that makes sense? Hard to tell much from that door panel shot, aside from the material quality.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/25/2014-cadillac-cts-images-leak-out-yet-again/

Here are more images showing the front, front 3/4, rear 3/4 and interior.

The front doesn't match the rest of the vehicle at all. The rear looks copy/pasted from the ATS and XTS.

I personally think the grille is too large and headlights too small, but what do I know.....it's obvious they drew inspiration from the Ciel concept.

I dunno. Those decorative LED lights (Escape has them too, AFAIK), those things are this generation's coach lights. Fake fender vents are this generation's opera windows.

Someday, that glamour shot of the CTS front end in the OP will look just as cheesy as this: http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1976-Lincoln-Mercury-25.jpg

Not a big fan of it. I think it's overstyled.

• Like 3

I dunno. Those decorative LED lights (Escape has them too, AFAIK), those things are this generation's coach lights. Fake fender vents are this generation's opera windows.

Someday, that glamour shot of the CTS front end in the OP will look just as cheesy as this: http://www.curbsideclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1976-Lincoln-Mercury-25.jpg

Not a big fan of it. I think it's overstyled.

Eh, call me a fan of the LEDs. It's one of the styling elements that really drew me into my Edge as well. They can be overdone and tacked on just for the sake of it in some cases (think some of the newer Kias) but I think they draw interest when executed properly.

Fender vents, ditto. If done well, they add visual interest. Again though, this is a place where Kia tends to offend. I can't criticize fake vents though. My Cobra has 4 of them. :hysterical:

Edited by NickF1011

It's definitely progressive and looks much more worldly than any Caddy I've seen before. It evoques a Merc to me, bold face but a simple and robust body design, very Germanic. Still not fabulous, but the interior is outstanding.

LEDs DRLS are here to stay. The thing I like most about them is that they integrate well with turn signals to make them more visible. I think it's an important safety feature. For the most part, especially with compact fixtures, the turn signals are washed out by headlights or DRL's and the incandescent bulbs just aren't as visible. And my hope is that this design trend finally forces Ford to adopt DRLs, I believe only the Escape Titanium has this right now, I don't think the MKZ leaves them on?

The Edge, Taurus, and Fiesta LED strips are pretty damn lame btw. I'm sure it saved Ford a few bucks to use a nightlight instead of real LEDs like everybody else.

Edited by BORG

Exactly what I thought when I saw the pic Intrepidatious posted. Not bad, but the front end is just over the top. Interior looks good for a GM product!

Yeah, very E-Class in the side profile, but (unbelievably) cleaner and less fussy in the details (side profile mind you).

2014-mercedes-benz-e-class-hybrid.jpg

Edited by Intrepidatious

Bite your tongue. :-P

I think you're just jealous that the more expensive MKX, for some reason, doesn't have them.

I would have preferred fog lights on my Fiesta but it wasn't a deal breaker. Overall, I don't mind this Caddy. Interior looks good, front end is different and that's good too. Sides are okay and I won't say the rear is bad, I feel it was not worked on.

Well, it appears to have converted Intrepidatious.

Saying it looks better than a Benz really doesn't mean much. Their designs, for quite some time now, seem to me to be a mixture of incoherence and indecision. The 80s and early 90s: That's when Mercedes *knew* what they wanted their cars to look like. Compare the confident execution of this 500 SL to anything Mercedes makes today:

1994_mercedes-benz_sl-class_sl320_281243

Bite your tongue. :-P

I think you're just jealous that the more expensive MKX, for some reason, doesn't have them.

Yeah, but fortunately I don't have to give up foglights to get them, a unique Ford cost-cutting/customer screwing measure that manages to secure more sales even if their attempt at the trend is completely useless and superficial. Sorry, that whole thing ticks me off, especially when I see lots of new GM and Chryslers with the proper setup and Ford still has nothing. Even the MKZ is very lame about this, again lacking foglights and not integrating the LEDs into the car's design, it's just stuck in the space formerly occupied by a foglight. It's that sort of 'check box' mentality that irks me about how Ford has handled this trend.

I also forgot to mention the 2013 Mustang with it's lame nightlight LED accents.

Edited by BORG

Well, it appears to have converted Intrepidatious.

Yeah, IMHO...GM finally did a car right. But, I'm still not buying one (not for lack of interest). Which in the end, is all that really matters.

Edited by Intrepidatious

Yeah, but fortunately I don't have to give up foglights to get them, a unique Ford cost-cutting/customer screwing measure that manages to secure more sales even if their attempt at the trend is completely useless and superficial.

Outside of the Foglights on my Mustang, which people mistake for normal lights, Foglights are useless and superficial on cars. They don't really do a damn thing besides be purely decorative