2014 MKC Spied

Looking at the side view, I'm guessing the rear door windows don't roll down all the way? Is that acceptable for a luxury marque in 2014?

Looks like there's plenty of space in the door cavity for the window to me. The door cutout look to go all the way the the grey arch surround, so should be OK.

Interesting that there is what appears to be a column shift and the Lincoln signature push-button "shifter" on the center stack. I don't recall seeing pictures of camouflaged interiors before...

That is just the wiper stalk. It does appear to have the transmission push buttons.

Edited by 2005Explorer

post-6726-0-68476100-1379962929.jpg

post-6726-0-36371400-1379963452.jpg

Most of the differences between the prototype pictured and the concept seem to be in the details. The basic body looks to generally be the same which is good.

The prototype is filmed at a slightly different angle, so it makes the concept look sleeker, but I pretty sure it's just the angle differences.

Some differences from concept to production:

• Gains a fixed vent window
  • Has a simplified lower front fascia
  • Loses the lower side sculpting
  • Simplified headlights
  • Simplified side mirrors
  • Loses powerdome in hood (unless available on different trim)
  • Different C-Pillar shape around rear door window (different rear quarter window?)
  • Addition of rear marker lights in bumper

Most likely not the final form on tailpipes, so I wouldn't include those. Or the obvious additions such as door handles and fuel door. Anything else?

post-6726-0-68476100-1379962929_thumb.jpg

post-6726-0-36371400-1379963452_thumb.jpg

• "Loses the lower side sculpting" That lower side sculpting or inlet at the bottom of the doors on the concept was different and interesting.

And its hard to tell with the camo film on the grill of the production model but the Production's grill seems to lose the the slight bend back in the Concept's chrome grill blades, which I like better.

Look like it will be shown in L.A. - Order bank opens Mid-December.

Probably get a Concept MKS Detroit, Navigator in Chicago, and NYC for the MKX.

Rumors of Lincoln's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

hmm...

will those be the:

2015-or-16my MKX?

&

2017my MKS (or whatever it's called)?

&

an updated Navigator *or* the nextgen ultralight-F-150-based Navi?

imho knowing What's going on and esp. WHEN has been Greatly Exaggerated!

:frustrated smilie:

Edited by 2b2

I don't think there's really much exaggeration to the "when" at all. MKC will be on sale early next year, MKX and MKS will likely be unveiled sometime next year with production of both starting in 2015 (maybe even earlier for the Edge/MKX duo), being as their platform-mates are likely both launching around then also.

Navigator full re-design is still further off, as has already been said.

Luckily you're not the only potential buyer.

Lucky for me .Just hope the thing looks better with the camo off then the vibe I get now. I truly want to like Ford products as much as I did in the past, problem is, too many just aren't appealing to me anymore. You've got a limited selection of Fords that have style or that want factor, IMHO.

• Like 1

Lucky for me .Just hope the thing looks better with the camo off then the vibe I get now. I truly want to like Ford products as much as I did in the past, problem is, too many just aren't appealing to me anymore. You've got a limited selection of Fords that have style or that want factor, IMHO.

The problem is you're confusing your personal preferences for styling and features with what other people like. Just because it's not your style doesn't mean that there aren't hundreds of thousands of other buyers who feel just the opposite. It's ok to say that you don't like it but don't imply that all buyers would feel that way.

I seem to remember disdain by several people here for the new Escape styling saying it was going to alienate current Escape owners. Turns out there are far more buyers who want the new style than the old style.

hmm...

will those be the:

2015-or-16my MKX?

&

2017my MKS (or whatever it's called)?

&

an updated Navigator *or* the nextgen ultralight-F-150-based Navi?

imho knowing What's going on and esp. WHEN has been Greatly Exaggerated!

:frustrated smilie:

MKC is a early CY2014, 2015MY, Navigator facelift is Mid CY2014, 2015MY and MKX is Late CY2014, 2015MY, MKS is spring(CY2015) 2016.

I seem to remember disdain by several people here for the new Escape styling saying it was going to alienate current Escape owners. Turns out there are far more buyers who want the new style than the old style.

Well going year to year, sales are up about 28K units. If anything the new styling is keeping the current consumer and bringing in new ones...

I don't really see how anyone is looking at this camo'ed thing and deciding if they'll like it or not. At the very least, the camo'ed car indicates that it will look dang near identical to the concept in all practical manners possible.

Did you like the concept? Then you'll probably like the production version.

Did you not like the concept? Then you'll probably not like the production version.

Quit making it more complicated than it is.

The problem is you're confusing your personal preferences for styling and features with what other people like. Just because it's not your style doesn't mean that there aren't hundreds of thousands of other buyers who feel just the opposite. It's ok to say that you don't like it but don't imply that all buyers would feel that way.

Again you read into my (as well as others) posts and attempt to assume the outcome or determine your own conclusion of my statement. Go ahead, re-read my post that I quoted below.

Didn't I say "Nothing that appears to excite or interest me about the vehicle"? Where exactly did I say no one will like this and no one will purchase the vehicle because I personally dislike it? Didn't I even say I'd wait until it was no longer camo'd so I can get a better feel for the vehicle prior to making a final judgement?

You are too quick to jump and defend any Ford product, bash others for their personal opinion and basically fail to fully read what is being typed. Rather than attempt to create an argument, wouldn't it be best to simply let it go and know that not everyone is going to agree with your opinion, as they won't mine? Or simply say, wait until the production version is released to see all the details?

I still do not like the overall style of the Escape, but it's grown on me a little bit more and have come to accept the style. I've talked to many 2010 and prior Escape owners, and most do not like the exterior style, as it's too similar to every other product on the road, the prior gen was unique. There are those I know who owned a CR-V and Rav4 or what not that like the Escape style, as they feel it looks more like their current/former vehicle. So it's a mixed bad. So yes, the new style has alienated some, and is appealing to others.

Will wait to see it with the wrapper off, but as of right now, meh. Nothing that appears to excite or interest me about the vehicle
Edited by V8-X
  • Like 2

You've got a limited selection of Fords that have style or that want factor, IMHO.

Nothing wrong with the sentence you quoted. That's your personal preference. But then you say this ^^^ it implies that most Fords aren't appealing in general and that's where you go astray.

Maybe you just don't type the words you're thinking and you really meant that they don't have the style that you like or want. But I'm a very literal person so I take what you type literally and what you typed is wrong as evidenced by sales.

I don't really see how anyone is looking at this camo'ed thing and deciding if they'll like it or not. At the very least, the camo'ed car indicates that it will look dang near identical to the concept in all practical manners possible.

Did you like the concept? Then you'll probably like the production version.

Did you not like the concept? Then you'll probably not like the production version.

Quit making it more complicated than it is.

Well it appears many here like it. Me while I don't dislike hate it, and as stated will wait for the camo to be removed, but I simply think it's a little bland. And based on the camo'd vehicle, I see similarities to the concept, and some uniqueness. Some likes and dislikes.

I thought the concept was well executed, but this camo'd version doesn't appear to have the same flair. And is another reason why I said I'll wait. How am I making it more complicated than it is? Simply said it's "meh" meaning bland so far and will wait for the camo to come off. How the heck is providing my opinion based on a camo'd mule make it complicated? Why is that complicated, but others who like the vehicle is not considered complicated, like they have x-ray visions and know exactly what the production version will look like?

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with the sentence you quoted. That's your personal preference. But then you say this ^^^ it implies that most Fords aren't appealing in general and that's where you go astray.

Maybe you just don't type the words you're thinking and you really meant that they don't have the style that you like or want. But I'm a very literal person so I take what you type literally and what you typed is wrong as evidenced by sales.

You do know IMHO means "in my humble opinion", right? So wouldn't that mean that the statement I just made was "my personal preference", not everyone's. Again, read my post thoroughly before posting, don't just jump to conclusions please.

• Like 1