Redesigned 2015 Camry debuts

rmc523

I cant imagine those grills do anything to help drag.

Today I had a meeting with my board of directors, and someone used a term I laughed at "Value engineer", I'm like "huh, you what?" They are like "Sir, we had to do some Value Engineering to irk out the costs". I found it amusing.

THIS would qualify as VALUE engineering...at its worst!!

Eh, overall I can't find offense with the interior. It's rather minimalist in all areas except the super busy steering wheel.

I don't find it offensive, just overall bland. I'm all for minimalist, but theres a way you can do it without being bland. That's where they failed in my eyes

I was at the press conference for this thing earlier this morning. I kid you not, it was the most lackluster production I've EVER encountered in the auto industry.

An old guy spoke for what seemed like 20 minutes and then apologized because they only had one mid level car to show (the sporty model wouldn't get to the show until noon). Then they pulled a cover off A car ...which received rather timid (polite would be an appropriate term) applause.

The fake plastic quarter windows look just as bad in person.

GM sold a ton of cars for several years after their management went sour. Their sales did not mean that their management was competent.

True...but Toyota has a tendency to make money. Lots of money-

Net income increased to 525.4 billion yen ($4.99 billion) in the company's fiscal third quarter ended Dec. 31 from 99.9 billion yen ($949.4 million) a year earlier.U.S. sales of Toyota, Lexus and Scion models rose 7.4 percent to 2.24 million in 2013, second only to the record set in 2007 in its largest market. The Camry sedan fended off competition from the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and Ford Fusion sedan to remain the top-selling U.S. car for a 12th consecutive year.

Now-I know you will point out some f that was due to the currency exchange situation.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140204/COPY01/302049965/toyota-quarterly-profit-rises-fivefold-to-$5-billion-on-weaker-yen

I was at the press conference for this thing earlier this morning. I kid you not, it was the most lackluster production I've EVER encountered in the auto industry.

An old guy spoke for what seemed like 20 minutes and then apologized because they only had one mid level car to show (the sporty model wouldn't get to the show until noon). Then they pulled a cover off A car ...which received rather timid (polite would be an appropriate term) applause.

The fake plastic quarter windows look just as bad in person.

Sounds exactly like my focus group!

Unless you're GM of course.

GM fails because it hasn't mastered the concept of right sizing production to true market sales,

that goes against every grain in GM's corporate culture and the vanity of sales leadership.

Does this new Camry now make Avalon less important?

Could a slightly larger Fusion make Taurus redundant?

Edited by jpd80

GM fails because it hasn't mastered the concept of right sizing production to true market sales,

that goes against every grain in GM's corporate culture and the vanity of sales leadership.

You mean like now where GM is forcing dealers to take more cars that they over built in Q4 last year? There is going to be an all out price war in the US market in the very near future.

You mean like now where GM is forcing dealers to take more cars that they over built in Q4 last year? There is going to be an all out price war in the US market in the very near future.

Typical GM pump and dump to keep their plants full and managers bonuses in there for Q1.

And there's the rub, GM needs bigger incentives to shift vehicles that buyers don't really want

while Ford has more basic, inherent demand - I see them needing only modest incentives to compete.

The shock for me was Ram Trucks impressive sales last month, an impressive result.

Silverado buyers expect large incentives and not surprisingly, sales are soft at the moment...

Edited by jpd80

Oh, it's changed. It's gotten wider and wider and wider.

That's how they've managed to stretch out the '92 model without a substantial tear-up. Shoot. I'll bet they're still running the exhaust under the lower control arms on the rear suspension.

And this? This is like wearing a loose fitting dark shirt with vertical stripes to hide your weight gain. Only more so.

Ever seen the Camry trunk pass-through? It's very narrow due to all the structural buttressing.

Ever seen the Camry trunk pass-through? It's very narrow due to all the structural buttressing.

Always wondered how Toyota continually gets a pass for that in reviews. It's pretty inexcusable in the midsize segment today. Even my Mustang has a full-width pass-through!

Edited by NickF1011