2015 Mustang Engine Output Specs

More dissappointment. The whole Mustang design team,starting with Raj Nair,should be fired on the spot.

meh, im not dis-appointed at all really, sure, HP could be more extreme, and perhaps #s are conservative, but get too extreme and Insurance costs enter the foray along with parents questioning the wisdom of putting Biff in an overly powerful vehicle...remember these are just the meat and potatoes Mustangs ( if you can call 435 hp mainstream 0...Im curious about the more extreme variants in the works...that should satisfy ALL potential buyers.....

If those horsepower and torque ratings are based on 93 octane, I wonder what the ratings will be for cars sold in California (max 91 octane).

Someone can check me on this, but I think Ford only rates the EB engines differently depending on the grade of gas. I've never seen the D37 rated any differently based on octane, just on application.

Someone can check me on this, but I think Ford only rates the EB engines differently depending on the grade of gas. I've never seen the D37 rated any differently based on octane, just on application.

I think the D37 in the Lincolns is rated differently based on octane; I'd be surprised if it were different in the Fords. And I'm pretty sure that they define premium as 91+ (at least, they did on my Lincoln).

ETA: I just checked the 2014 Mustang specs, and the Coyote's power/torque ratings specifically note 93 octane.

Edited by SoonerLS

I think the D37 in the Lincolns is rated differently based on octane; I'd be surprised if it were different in the Fords. And I'm pretty sure that they define premium as 91+ (at least, they did on my Lincoln).

ETA: I just checked the 2014 Mustang specs, and the Coyote's power/torque ratings specifically note 93 octane.

The D37s power and torque figures were done with regular gas, not 93. n

While Ford performs its tests on Coyote and EB 23 using 93, I'm pretty sure there's enough margin there

so that 91 would give similar results. The whole point is not to expect that power with 87 gas.

I wonder what the power figures are like with the track key activated...or does that affect other parameters.

Edited by jpd80

I may only have 91, but at least I have 100% gasoline. Ethanol is for drinkin', not drivin'.

I've read/seen complaints about people in So Cal and the Southwest about 91 octane not even being rated that high and having issues with tuned Ecoboost engines with pinging and what not. I never had a problem with gas on the east coast besides stations saying they had 93 octane when it was only 92 (I have a 93 tune on my SHO and wasn't running right on it) and Sunonco 93 works great and had no issues since I switched to it.

I like racing. Never said I didn't. I even watch Nascar sometimes. These are my rules:

1. Racing doesn't sell regular cars

2. Don't call a purpose built race car a stock car (NASCAR, NHRA)

You should actually GO to a race someday instead of watching it on TV. It's a whole different experience being there live.

"1. Racing doesn't sell regular cars" ..... But it does help improve production cars.

"2. Don't call a purpose built race car a stock car (NASCAR, NHRA)"..... The name "Stock Car" is from the old days when they were pretty much stock and it just stuck. They do call them Race cars, Hotrods, and Junk today.

Racing improving street cars today is rare outside of exotics.

What I meant by stock is don't call a NASCAR or NHRA car by a stock name like Fusion or Camry or Mustang or Camaro.

I prefer series that use real cars like IMSA sanctioned Tudor and continental sports car series.

Unless they tuned the torque curve for peak torque at a lower rpm.....

Winner winner chicken dinner!

the V-6 makes 300 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 280 lb-ft at 4000 rpm. Compared with the 2014’s 3.7, the torque peak is 250 rpm lower and max power is down by five ponies. For all intents and purposes, this engine is unchanged.

thankyou Mr Kirby, that was good reading...and loved THIS snippet...forged steel crankshaft and connecting rods. Mahle pistons bolstered with steel piston-ring carriers allow for increased compression....sounds like a tough little unit