Ford January 2015 Sales Up 15%

PREMiERdrum

No, I've never used that. Like I said in the previous post, I pretty much just stick to the Ford discussion and competition section.

Does the new content feature show any new post?

Dude, you HAVE to use the 'View New Content' feature. That is the only way to read the forum. It shows every thread that has a post that you haven't read yet. With the latest update, you can now filter by forum. This feature is awesome, BTW, because I can now filter out the Ford Employee forum.

I just have a bookmark on my browser that takes me directly to the new content page.

Dude, you HAVE to use the 'View New Content' feature. That is the only way to read the forum. It shows every thread that has a post that you haven't read yet. With the latest update, you can now filter by forum. This feature is awesome, BTW, because I can now filter out the Ford Employee forum.

I just have a bookmark on my browser that takes me directly to the new content page.

Hmm. Perhaps I'll look into that haha.

You'll never go back. I didn't know you could filter it now based on forums. That will help a lot. Bookmark it and you get one list with all the new threads at the top. Read the ones you want and skip the ones you don't care about. You can tell in one click if there is anything new to read.

Just try it - one click away on the main page.

Maybe, but the 2.3L would be quite a jump from the current 2.0L. Maybe the 2.3 is the Fusion ST and the RS gets the 2.7EB.

Most likely yes. I thought the Nano would replace the D37 eventually in Lincoln. The EB23 would replace the EB20 perhaps. Just MHO.

And after you are done reading what you want and skipping what you don't want, you can mark all content as read and the list will be empty. That way, when you come back next time, you won't have to skip over as much stuff that you don't want to read.

Can you please provide some instructions on how to filter by Forum? I can't seem to find it.

C-Max sales started dropping when the fuel economy adjustment was made. IIRC, they were selling around double their current levels (I think they were up around 3,000/month). Once that happened, they dropped, although it seems as though they've stabilized around the 1,300-1,600/month level recently.

One factor on C-Max sales that we rarely see mentioned - right around the same time MPG was revised, Transit Connect started showing up for taxi fleets and Ford pulled back on C-Max going to NYC.

If Ford is going to do a real Prius or Volt like dedicated PHEV on the next generation C-car platform (as oppose to C-Max, which is the wrong form factor for the US market), they might as well start thinking about putting a non-hybrid version of C-Max out there with lower MSRP.

Bell weather midsize car sales

I think someone forgot to tell Nissan the year-end battle is over. I'm not aware of any super awesome retail incentives so there must have been some serious fleet stuffing going on with Altima this month.

Toyota Camry 26,763
Nissan Altima 26,408
Honda Accord 21,011
Ford Fusion 19,694
Chrysler 200 14,157
Hyundai Sonata 12,363
Chevy Malibu 11,878
Kia Optima 9,394
VW Passat 6,305
Subaru Legacy 3,881
Mazda6 3,766
Buick Regal 792

Fullsize
Ford F-Series 54,370
Chevy Silverado 36,106
Ram Ram 28,618
GMC Sierra 12,621
Toyota Tundra 8,197
Nissan Titan 774

Ford F-150 retail deliveries are starting but we probably haven't seen the full effect yet because fleet orders won't be filled until later this month.

Jumbo Shrimp
Toyota Tacoma 11,409
Chevy Colorado 5,942
Nissan Frontier 5,868
GMC Canyon 2,205
Honda Ridgeline 214

GM is not conquesting any buyers as Tacoma and Frontier sales are both up. But Colorado moved up to 2nd place behind Tacoma.

Burrito Class
Ford Transit 6,380
Chevy Express 3,852
Ford E-Series 3,308
Ram Promaster 1,580
Mercedes Sprinter 1,505
GMC Savana 1,489
Nissan NV 1,059

Nothing too surprising here. Nissan is really struggling here with its dinosaur van. GM's exit from the 1500 class didn't help Nissan at all.

Taco Class
Ford Transit Connect 3,689
Nissan NV200 1,184
Ram Cargovan 1,101
Chevy City Express 585
Ram Promaster City 93

City Express vs. Promaster City midget fight!

Enchilada Class
Toyota Sienna 8,933
Honda Odyssey 7,870
Chrysler Town & Country 6,044
Dodge Caravan 4,665
Kia Sedona 1,670
Ford Flex 1,458
Nissan Quest 708
Mazda5 941

Flex is holding its own considering the lack of marketing and aging product. If it was a worldwide product, I think it will stick around. But since it is a North America only model, it probably won't come back.

Edited by bzcat

You'll never go back. I didn't know you could filter it now based on forums. That will help a lot. Bookmark it and you get one list with all the new threads at the top. Read the ones you want and skip the ones you don't care about. You can tell in one click if there is anything new to read.

Just try it - one click away on the main page.

I tried it a bit - I dunno. Guess I'd have to filter out many of the subforums.....hopefully threads don't get moved to the lesser traveled areas that I filter out (though i wouldn't see them if they get moved anyway).

Can you please provide some instructions on how to filter by Forum? I can't seem to find it.

Under view new content, on the left, it says "Other", then click "filter by forum" and you can choose the ones you want.

And after you are done reading what you want and skipping what you don't want, you can mark all content as read and the list will be empty. That way, when you come back next time, you won't have to skip over as much stuff that you don't want to read.

Yeah, I'll likely have to do that because most of the threads it showed I'm not interested in haha.

One factor on C-Max sales that we rarely see mentioned - right around the same time MPG was revised, Transit Connect started showing up for taxi fleets and Ford pulled back on C-Max going to NYC.

If Ford is going to do a real Prius or Volt like dedicated PHEV on the next generation C-car platform (as oppose to C-Max, which is the wrong form factor for the US market), they might as well start thinking about putting a non-hybrid version of C-Max out there with lower MSRP.

Eh, I don't know if I really see TC affecting the C-Max too much. Though on the NYC taxi fleet topic....I never understood why they went with that Nissan over the TC.

And yes, I think the current rumors are that they were going to work on a hybrid family. What form those vehicles take, I'm not sure.

I think someone forgot to tell Nissan the year-end battle is over. I'm not aware of any super awesome retail incentives so there must have been some serious fleet stuffing going on with Altima this month.

Toyota Camry 26,763

Nissan Altima 26,408

Honda Accord 21,011

Ford Fusion 19,694

Chrysler 200 14,157

Hyundai Sonata 12,363

Chevy Malibu 11,878

Kia Optima 9,394

VW Passat 6,305

Subaru Legacy 3,881

Mazda6 3,766

Buick Regal 792

The 200 seems to have jumped up the list, no? (I don't know the past numbers.....if only the sales numbers threads were in their own subforum for easy searching.... :idea::stirpot: )

Burrito Class

Ford Transit 6,380

Chevy Express 3,852

Ford E-Series 3,308

Ram Promaster 1,580

Mercedes Sprinter 1,505

GMC Savana 1,489

Nissan NV 1,059

Nothing too surprising here. Nissan is really struggling here with its dinosaur van. GM's exit from the 1500 class didn't help Nissan at all.

Taco Class

Ford Transit Connect 3,689

Nissan NV200 1,184

Ram Cargovan 1,101

Chevy City Express 585

Ram Promaster City 93

City Express vs. Promaster City midget fight!

Enchilada Class

Toyota Sienna 8,933

Honda Odyssey 7,870

Chrysler Town & Country 6,044

Dodge Caravan 4,665

Kia Sedona 1,670

Ford Flex 1,458

Nissan Quest 708

Mazda5 941

Flex is holding its own considering the lack of marketing and aging product. If it was a worldwide product, I think it will stick around. But since it is a North America only model, it probably won't come back.

You'd think GM would just consolidate the Express and Savana into one product....but yeah, it's GM...

The TC sure is doing well.

Flex has seemed to hover between the 1,200-1,600 range since its debut except for a few better months.

I tried it a bit - I dunno. Guess I'd have to filter out many of the subforums.....hopefully threads don't get moved to the lesser traveled areas that I filter out (though i wouldn't see them if they get moved anyway).

Under view new content, on the left, it says "Other", then click "filter by forum" and you can choose the ones you want.

Yeah, I'll likely have to do that because most of the threads it showed I'm not interested in haha.

It's not that difficult to skip over stuff you don't care about. Or just filter on the few forums you do care about. It's handy to at least see everything (except maybe the employee forums and vehicle locater stuff) because you never know when something might get posted that interests you. If not just skip it.

C-Max sales started dropping when the fuel economy adjustment was made. IIRC, they were selling around double their current levels (I think they were up around 3,000/month). Once that happened, they dropped, although it seems as though they've stabilized around the 1,300-1,600/month level recently.

Yeah, I definitely understand wanting to be able to find past sales figures easily (I've dug through threads to find them before a few times), but the main discussion forum and the competition section are pretty much the only sections I check on a regular basis, and are definitely the most traveled sections - I just think the threads would get lost and have low traffic if they get moved all around to many various subforums. For instance, when a few threads got moved a few weeks back, the threads died.

Great suggestion from PD! I think that works perfectly, as we can have the typical discussion in the high traffic forum, and then after we'll be able to go right to the new sales subforum to find past threads. :salute::superhero::idea::read:

I think you're right about the change on the C-MAX's fuel rating effecting sales in a negative way.

This is exactly what I do with each forum that I visit.

Toyota Camry 26,763

Nissan Altima 26,408

Honda Accord 21,011

Ford Fusion 19,694

Chrysler 200 14,157

Hyundai Sonata 12,363

Chevy Malibu 11,878

Kia Optima 9,394

VW Passat 6,305

Subaru Legacy 3,881

Mazda6 3,766

Buick Regal 792