2017 Ford Taurus and SHO hot weather testing in Austraila

http://www.caradvice.com.au/336140/2017-ford-taurus-and-taurus-sho-spied-testing-in-melbourne/

Just had this thought pop into my head....could the reason why we are seeing so many spy photos from overseas of the Taurus is that Ford Australia is the primary developer of the platform for China and the USA?

Pop not POOP! :p

Edited by silvrsvt

http://www.caradvice.com.au/336140/2017-ford-taurus-and-taurus-sho-spied-testing-in-melbourne/

Just had this thought poop into my head....could the reason why we are seeing so many spy photos from overseas of the Taurus is that Ford Australia is the primary developer of the platform for China and the USA?

I hope that doesn't happen often! :hysterical:

• Like 1

The hood scoop is interesting...

Australia is not leading development of CD4 derivatives so my guess is Ford Australia is doing durability testing for the Taurus because it will be exported from US to Australia to replace the Falcon.

Edited by bzcat

i hope that it means they will finally put some real power in the taurus.FORD still has no answer for the charger.

But the Charger is the answer to a question almost no one was asking. So Ford should spend a bunch of money chasing the Charger?

Taurus SHO, Focus RS, Mustang will feed the power hungry. And if not, oh well. This isn't McDonalds...

• Like 1

Or the testers said "Hey let's put this fake hood scoop on the prototype and really screw with the internet analysts......"

Aussie engineers wouldn't do that, it would be taking the piss out of photographers trying to get spy shots.....LOL

The cars are clearly out and about doing reliability testing on behalf of Ford China primarily,, does that mean

the data is still valid for a North American model or would Ford NA conduct their own local tests?

A fair while back,now, a rumor suggested that: the large car development project was originally slated for Ford Asia Pacific

but when FoA cancelled plans for a next generation big car, the development project was handled by Ford NA and only the

styling packages and field reliability testing were to be conducted by FAPA at its Australian testing grounds. I don't know if

that is true but the evidence at hand would suggest that the project is nearing completion.

Edited by jpd80

The only reason for Ford to NOT sell a new CD4 Taurus here if the development is already done for China is if they have a different vehicle on CD6 to replace it. Unless there is some logistics problem with manufacturing.

that would be rather strange with "One Ford" being the mantra for the past 5-6 years.

I feel that CD6 is still a ways off...and won't be seen till 2018 or so when the Explorer gets replaced....but I'm willing to eat my words if their is a Lincoln Continental at the NYIAS in April. But I have a feeling we'll see the CD4 Taurus in Shanghi and NYC.

But the Charger is the answer to a question almost no one was asking. So Ford should spend a bunch of money chasing the Charger?

Taurus SHO, Focus RS, Mustang will feed the power hungry. And if not, oh well. This isn't McDonalds...

FORD if they want to,can use the taurus to go after the charger,or a new 4 door car that they will be coming out with.time will tell.

FORD if they want to,can use the taurus to go after the charger,or a new 4 door car that they will be coming out with.time will tell.

I doubt this Taurus will show up in America because the unusual development process for it ( a domestic car in mule stage would be running in the US even if it's an export) also the strong CD6 rumors don't help. If im wrong, so be it.

This could be a stop gap/alternative for Australia till CD6 and standard fullsize for Asian countries.

I doubt this Taurus will show up in America because the unusual development process for it ( a domestic car in mule stage would be running in the US even if it's an export) also the strong CD6 rumors don't help. If im wrong, so be it.

This could be a stop gap/alternative for Australia till CD6 and standard fullsize for Asian countries.

So, just because you haven't seen one? :)

There is no stop gap...and there has been development mules in the USA...and lets not forget the past couple years Ford has been really good about not showing off mules in North America.

CD6 isn't going to happen for a few years...