SPIED: 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty

Just hope the drop down front window remains. Some reference that the window line was straight??? RJ-what makes you think the 6.7 "won't fit"???

Wonder if they might be thinking of a unitized front tilting hood assembly of some sort? Lookingat how the engine bays onthese things are "stuffed" at some point in time it might be time for some fresh thinking.

Still waiting to see what Pioneer said would blow us away (or something to that effect).

Next-gen 4.4? With vehicle weight reductions, a next-gen 4.4 designed from the get-go for high boost and high-octane propane/NG/alcohol along with the next transmissions, might work well as an F-250/350 option, just wondering. :)

Edited by Edstock

I don't think I said "blown away". I think I implied people would be surprised. At the time, everybody thought the two trucks wouldn't share anything.

If I implied "blown away" reactions, I apologize.

Oh - maybe I misinterpreted those comments. I had already assumed the SD and F150 would be sharing a lot more than it currently does.

He thought I was talking about the F150

No. I'm talking about that spy photo, which appears to show exactly the same hood/fenders as the F150.

Although, on checking the F150 vs. the F250, the overall cab length is comparable; and is in fact longer on the SuperCabs, which is an eye-opener, as I'd long understood the F150 cab to be significantly shorter than the SD.

No. I'm talking about that spy photo, which appears to show exactly the same hood/fenders as the F150.

Although, on checking the F150 vs. the F250, the overall cab length is comparable; and is in fact longer on the SuperCabs, which is an eye-opener, as I'd long understood the F150 cab to be significantly shorter than the SD.

I thought one of the bigger issues involving 150/SD cab commonality (considering internal dimensions are almost the same) was the firewall issue with respect to making a 6.7 fit.-not that total clearance in all underhood dimensions is not critical

I thought one of the bigger issues involving 150/SD cab commonality (considering internal dimensions are almost the same) was the firewall issue with respect to making a 6.7 fit.-not that total clearance in all underhood dimensions is not critical

Yes. I've raised that point repeatedly in the past. However, it appears that I've been laboring under a mistaken understanding regarding more recent F150 cabs (2004+).

This, along w/ the link and the pic I'm posting has confirmed my suspicions all along that the test mules that we've seen over the last few months, were in fact running w/ a decoy nose, a la the Mustang mules.

I found this pic just yesterday and I've been looking and trying to figure out if it's been photo shopped. if so, it's one of the best I've ever seen. I found it on Facebook on the Ford-Trucks page. (link attached) https://www.facebook.com/fordtruckenthusiasts/posts/10152832690033401...scroll down and you'll see it. It looks like a leak for sure.

It also confirms what I thought they'd do, in merging the half-ton / Super Duty's by sharing their respective cabs......and that's about it. You guys tell me, do you thik it's a fake? I do not. There are several consistencies between the new spy photos and this pic. I believe, this in fact, is the new Super Duty.

1511331_10206163110380655_53078458626481

Here's the pic referenced. There will be a side window kickdown as they're using a lot of F150 parts:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206163110380655&set=p.10206163110380655&type=1&theater

I believe this is legit. And I will be very curious to see what Ford does about this. Robert, you may be getting a phone call.......................

post-15194-0-88536100-1426104398_thumb.jpg