2017 Raptor Crew Cab out in the open

Care to elaborate? That's a 2017 model. 2016s only recently just started production.

I've already talked to my dealer about a replacement for my 2010 as well. He'll put my order in the day the order bank opens for the '17's. I'm getting excited about the better mileage and better tech, the 2010's are pretty sparse in the Tech Dept. even vs the '11-'14 and 12.8mpg is finally starting to bother me.

Like jasonj80, I have already talked to my dealer and he is anticipating they will be able to accept orders in June 2016, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I got their first 2011 screw, and then I traded for a 2013 to get the upgraded interior, so I have a really good relationship with them. They do not mark up their vehicles and are very good to deal with, so I'm not worried about getting railroaded.

I've already talked to my dealer about a replacement for my 2010 as well. He'll put my order in the day the order bank opens for the '17's. I'm getting excited about the better mileage and better tech, the 2010's are pretty sparse in the Tech Dept. even vs the '11-'14 and 12.8mpg is finally starting to bother me.

I don't think you'll see much improvement in the MPG dept. Tech Yes, MPG, no.

If I can get 16 or 17 overall I'll be happy.

I had 33.5" BFG's on my FX4 and averaged 13.5-14 mpg 50/50 (city / freeway) . I kept up with the flow of traffic and never dogged it from a red light. Basically you'll be in the turbo's quite often if you keep up or slightly ahead of traffic. I'm guessing the new Raptor will be close to the weight of an older FX4 due to the wider body, upgraded suspension and larger tires. I don't believe the 10 speed is going to be the magical MPG maker... I hope I'm wrong, but very skeptical.

Edited by Hydro

I could get that now if I didn't drive it the way I do. But, gas is cheap so who cares. :)

I can't get 16, best I have done is 15.2 at 52 mph on a flat road. You know for the first 5 years I never really cared about it, even when gas was expensive. Now though for some reason even though gas is cheaper it has been bothering me more and more.

I can't get 16, best I have done is 15.2 at 52 mph on a flat road. You know for the first 5 years I never really cared about it, even when gas was expensive. Now though for some reason even though gas is cheaper it has been bothering me more and more.

You loved the truck so much for the first 5 years that you didn't care. Now, though you still like the truck, you don't love it enough to overlook the crappy fuel economy.

At least, that's my theory. :)

• Like 1

You loved the truck so much for the first 5 years that you didn't care. Now, though you still like the truck, you don't love it enough to overlook the crappy fuel economy.

At least, that's my theory. :)

That's exactly it, all started when I saw the new one at the NAIAS last year. Already have over 100K on it too, new one needs to hurry up.

• Like 1