2017 Fusion Revealed

Heh. Could have fooled me. I have a Focus SES, and there is nothing different about it over a SE other than a few electronic goodies that no longer work.

If it's a 2008 or 2009, the SES came with colored door handles on the outside, trunk spoiler, special exhaust and black interior. You also had the option of 17" wheels and tires.

2010-2012 had the same as above, but also had smoked headlight and taillights, painted grille and different front and rear bumpers. 17" wheels and tires became standard.

Edited by Pioneer

I wonder when Ford will show the next design direction for cars in concept form. The "Aston Martin" grill debuted on the Evos concept in 2011. Are we looking at another 3 years of this? I think it still looks sort of fresh but maybe not so much in 3-4 years.

Id say they are already evolving away from the Aston look, the grills are all getting shorter and wider. But if they are thinking about a new design language, the time we'd see a concept is the year before an ground-up redesign of Focus or Fusion rolled out.

I will admit, I do find it odd that they stuck with Chrome on the sport trim, rather than going with the blackout look that all the other Sport models get.

Not to say it doesn't look good, it does, but it just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the Sport "lineup."

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

I will admit, I do find it odd that they stuck with Chrome on the sport trim, rather than going with the blackout look that all the other Sport models get.

Not to say it doesn't look good, it does, but it just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the Sport "lineup."

Hopefully they'll get the message prior to it entering production and correct the issue. Every sport or ST model since the 2010 focus has had dark chrome pieces.

I find the shift dial interesting (in a good way). Definitely opens up the center console and still gives a place for your hand to "land". Just from an aesthetics perspective, I never liked the pushbutton selector in the MKZ. I don't remember, but is that sticking around in the MKZ refresh or the Conti...or will they be using a dial?

I find the shift dial interesting (in a good way). Definitely opens up the center console and still gives a place for your hand to "land". Just from an aesthetics perspective, I never liked the pushbutton selector in the MKZ. I don't remember, but is that sticking around in the MKZ refresh or the Conti...or will they be using a dial?

No, the Z and Conti retain/use the push buttons.

Does the sport get the thrust vectoring AWD or just the Z?

I'd guess it doesn't.