2017 Fusion Revealed

The incentives have been like that most of last year. I haven't been checking every month, but when I did need to look at something, it had it.

It was like that most of last year too. I could have gotten almost 6k off of a fully loaded Limited back in April. In hindsight I should have jumped all over it but I was too stubborn.

It might be a good way to split those sales up and down to Fusion and Continental..

Huge difference between a midsized Ford Product and a large or fullsized Sedan in the Continental. If an updated Taurus was coming along, you might have a footing to stand on, but I don't think their is much cross shopping between the two.

A luxury car purchase IMO is more about showing off or a brand having a certain cache

I had no problem getting a Taurus SHO because it was the only Performance Sedan Ford offered at the time, but I wouldn't have thought about getting an MKS because of its image.

Huge difference between a midsized Ford Product and a large or fullsized Sedan in the Continental. If an updated Taurus was coming along, you might have a footing to stand on, but I don't think their is much cross shopping between the two.

A luxury car purchase IMO is more about showing off or a brand having a certain cache

I had no problem getting a Taurus SHO because it was the only Performance Sedan Ford offered at the time, but I wouldn't have thought about getting an MKS because of its image.

I meant that eliminating aTaurus would sharpen focus on what choices are left (rather than either/ or choice between cars)

Interior room is smiler between Taurus and fusion, I'm betting most go that way........

Maybe big Taurus is less important these days.......

Edited by jpd80

• 2 weeks later...

When will the Fusion be completely redesigned?

Based on timing of some recent Ford model updates, my guess is Ford will have the mid cycle Fusion on the market for 3 model years

2013 Fusion --> on sale since mid 2012

2014 Fusion

2015 Fusion

2016 Fusion

<mid cycle update>

2017 Fusion --> on sale in spring 2016?

2018 Fusion

2019 Fusion --> last day to order will probably be around July or August 2018

<new model>

2020 Fusion --> on sale in mid 2019?

Edited by bzcat

Ford will be fine, it's just that the stock won't be worth the paper it's printed on.

You're entitled to your opinion. Mine is that if the non-voting stock "won't be worth the paper it's printed on", Ford will be not-fine, with a catastrophic decline in sales.

IMHO, leaving the Fusion to MY2020 would be at least one year too long, but I could be mistaken.

Time will tell. :)

You're entitled to your opinion. Mine is that if the non-voting stock "won't be worth the paper it's printed on", Ford will be not-fine, with a catastrophic decline in sales.

IMHO, leaving the Fusion to MY2020 would be at least one year too long, but I could be mistaken.

Time will tell. :)

My post was made in jest. But yes, if the stock is that bad, then Ford has been in a decline to cause that.

But what is the impact of waiting a year too long on a new redesign? Sales aren't dropping to zero or even half. Ford would probably have to add some cash on the hood to keep sales up but it wouldn't be a disaster.

Could it hurt sales? Yes. Could it hurt profits a little? Sure. Is it catastrophic? Of course not.