2017 Ford Raptor Revealed

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/01/11/all-new-2017-f150-raptor.html

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpeg

cq5dam.web.480.480.jpeg

cq5dam.web.480.480.jpeg

F-150 Raptor’s pioneering off-road driving mode technology has evolved into an all-new Terrain Management System™ that enables the driver to select modes to optimize driving dynamics to environmental conditions – from snow to mud, sand and more.

Six preset modes help the truck power through different terrain and driving conditions:

• Normal mode for everyday driving
  • Street mode for higher-performance, on-road driving
  • Weather mode for rain, snow or ice
  • Mud and sand mode for muddy and sandy trails and terrain
  • Baja mode for high-speed desert running and
  • Rock mode for low-speed rock crawling

Interesting the rear doesn't get the black plastic panel like the one that debuted last year.

• Like 1

I thought the black panel was an option? Maybe it is packaged with the bed side graphic.

That's quite possible, and would make sense. I just saw in the debut photo that it wasn't part of it, while it was on the one revealed last year (which does have graphics, so you're probably right).

new-ford-raptor.jpg

I'm curious if Ford/Lincoln will have any surprises this year. They outdid themselves last year.

When they were doing the SUV talk in the press conference, I thought they were going to pull out an Expedition concept, but then briefly talked about the already-debuted Escape.

I'm kinda glad myself. I thought that black plastic panel is gaudy as hell.

It must be optional, because the one in the press conference had the black plastic panel without graphics.

If the normal SuperCrew F150 lost ~700 lbs, and the Raptor drops the iron 6.2L in favor of the aluminum 3.5L, why only 500 lbs? Possible they 'reinvested' some of the savings back into the suspension I guess, but I would think it would have lost at least 700 lbs.

They may not have been able to use as much aluminum.

If the normal SuperCrew F150 lost ~700 lbs, and the Raptor drops the iron 6.2L in favor of the aluminum 3.5L, why only 500 lbs? Possible they 'reinvested' some of the savings back into the suspension I guess, but I would think it would have lost at least 700 lbs.

I dunno....they said 500 in the press conference

They may not have been able to use as much aluminum.

Aren't the fenders composite?