GT applications begin...

This seems absolutely bonkers to me, this is more expensive than any Lamborghini, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, et.al. I have the impression that Ford is just selling this as a museum piece and not as an actual functioning world class supercar. It'll be interesting to see how this performs, assuming Ford lets reviewers play with any of them.

Edited by BORG

I have the impression that Ford is just selling this as a museum piece and not as an actual functioning world class supercar.

Read the questions on the application below. I think you are completely mistaken.

Where do you put in your x plan pin number?

True story - back in 2005 as I was picking up my Fusion my local dealer had a yellow GT on the showroom floor with 3 good old boy salesmen standing close by. I told them I'd be right back with my X plan pin and one of them pulled out an ink pen and said "this is the only pen you'll be needing for that car".......

• Like 2

This seems absolutely bonkers to me, this is more expensive than any Lamborghini, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, et.al. I have the impression that Ford is just selling this as a museum piece and not as an actual functioning world class supercar. It'll be interesting to see how this performs, assuming Ford lets reviewers play with any of them.

Have you seen what 2005 Ford GT's are going for on eBay? The new GT should cost less than what a 2005 Ford GT would cost today and be a much better car. Will there be a "Red Carpet Lease" option on the new GT? :)

Have you seen what 2005 Ford GT's are going for on eBay? The new GT should cost less than what a 2005 Ford GT would cost today and be a much better car. Will there be a "Red Carpet Lease" option on the new GT? :)

If anything, a new GT should drive the prices down....a little. :) I remember at the end of the production run, some dealers where having a hard time moving them...but then again the country was sliding into the worse recession since 193's too.

Borg...Ive been following it in the Rolex, then Sebring...car raced is actually DE-tuned from the street version to a mere 600 hp...the car is FAST barring a few mechanical glitches, but its basically being tested for its ultimate goal Le Mans. The class its racing in has Ferraris and Porsches along with SERIOUS Corvettes....its as quick as any, even with its handicap....so, its got the capabilities for sure....

Where do you put in your x plan pin number?

True story - back in 2005 as I was picking up my Fusion my local dealer had a yellow GT on the showroom floor with 3 good old boy salesmen standing close by. I told them I'd be right back with my X plan pin and one of them pulled out an ink pen and said "this is the only pen you'll be needing for that car".......

I remember that story, excellent tale!