Lincoln: Global Sales of 300,000 by 2020?

With regard to the US market, this whole struggle to become a player again in the luxury market was because they became complacent with being in first place briefly back in the late 80's/early 90's. So they kicked back and before they knew it, they were in last place! Ford did the same thing with heavy truck, finally redesigned the L-series and then gave it away to Daimler! Taurus same story. The Japanese were in shock when that car came out and thought they were gonna lose their shirts! But Ford was happy with sales so they let it languish and before you knew it, it went by the wayside. So far they've kept on top with F-series, but watch out, Ram outsold Chevrolet last month in pickup sales. Frankly I don't know how, they don't have near the dealer network. Are they giving them away?

That's why I've said that mustang should share CD6 with the MKZ and a Lincoln coupe/convertible - they're the same size platform.

Let ford try and muck with the stang and see what happens...i will never be back if they start to play around with the stang..never will they see another dime from me...they can mess with whatever..i dont care...but stang and bronco they better think before they try there global crap...

Let ford try and muck with the stang and see what happens...i will never be back if they start to play around with the stang..never will they see another dime from me...they can mess with whatever..i dont care...but stang and bronco they better think before they try there global crap...

first off, their, not there

Second, the Mustang is already global so what are you talking about?

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

We're talking about the platform not the sheetmetal. No drastic styling change necessary, just a better more cost effective platform.

I'm not sure how you guys can't tell this, but the Evos was more or less the 2015 Mustang Concept

1.png

11257314735_d417db2760_b.jpg

2015-ford-mustang-gt-coupe-concept-3.jpg

20150ford-mustang-coupe-rear-static-600-

The rear end of the Evos is a hatchback or had the Mustang Trunk/Tailights hacked off.

It was more a Fusion concept than Mustang concept, but obviously Mustang took cues as well.

Remembering that at the time (2011) the Evos heralded Ford's future move away from its then European kinetic styling

which was just being released on Fiesta- Fusion-Escape in the USA.

Seeing a two door coupe concept and saying that's virtually the 2015 Mustang is a huge leap

not supported by what atually happened in the genesis of the Mustang which grew in width

but kept its traditional proportions and styling cues. Sure there's some Evos in there but

it's most definitely not the same car, not even the same sized car.

Can I just say that regarding Lincoln's global sales, it's on target for around !80K this year

compared to less than 100K in 2014. Will Lincoln definitely reach 300K by the close of 2020?

Maybe not but in terms of setting a target, I think that's good to see and forces Ford to commit

resources to try to make that happen.

Edited by jpd80

nope, 2b2 proved it, but I also recall seeing Fusion mules after the Evos and comparing character lines between the two.

The 2013 Fusion came out in 2012. Evos was in 2011. Fusion styling had to be locked in at least a year earlier than Evos (2010) if not sooner.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

I like both the losis and evos..coupes look nice.....i am so tired of 5 door hatchbacks and 4 door sedans..ford please let us have the 3 door hatchback fiesta or focus..helluva lot more sporty lookin..id like to see a 2 door in the fusion..fastback stylin and 4 doors like thinkin the bears can win a super bowl again...if honda can do so can you...your blue hair approach is gut wrenching at times

Edited by snooter