Why is it taking so long for the Bronco to come out?

Side question, is there really honestly that much cost savings sharing dashboards? I get it with LS and Tbird because the Tbird was a niche and sold in small numbers, but if your looking at a product that's selling 50-100K a year, I would think the positives would outweight the cost to just have a dashboard district and different from a shared product?

You’re right - I was really thinking about Focus, Escape, Fusion, Edge, Ranger, etc

If the Ranger uses a dash more like the cars, then, yes, I would agree that it would be out of place in a Bronco. I'd think it would be more in line with the F150 and Expedition, which, IMHO, would be fine in a Bronco, but that's just a guess.

If the Ranger uses a dash more like the cars, then, yes, I would agree that it would be out of place in a Bronco. I'd think it would be more in line with the F150 and Expedition, which, IMHO, would be fine in a Bronco, but that's just a guess.

Ford-Ranger-Limited-2017-11.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Side question, is there really honestly that much cost savings sharing dashboards? I get it with LS and Tbird because the Tbird was a niche and sold in small numbers, but if your looking at a product that's selling 50-100K a year, I would think the positives would outweight the cost to just have a dashboard district and different from a shared product?

I was thinking that too. Expedition could have gotten F150 dashes, but didn't.

They are almost exactly the same with some minor differences above the glovebox (F-150 has a cubby, the Expy does not....or maybe it is just a cover for the same cubby?).

maxresdefault.jpg

2018-Ford-F-150-Raptor-Interior-1.jpg

Edited by Anthony

They are almost exactly the same with some minor differences above the glovebox (F-150 has a cubby, the Expy does not....or maybe it is just a cover for the same cubby?).

I think I called that one. No need to reinvent the wheel.

I also thought they would reuse the F150 front end with just a new grille and that was obviously wrong.

I also thought they would reuse the F150 front end with just a new grille and that was obviously wrong.

I'm glad you were wrong. This vehicle warranted its own unique look. I don't think it could/will be as successful had it had the F150 front clip. I think that would have been too masculine for this market.

I'm glad you were wrong. This vehicle warranted its own unique look. I don't think it could/will be as successful had it had the F150 front clip. I think that would have been too masculine for this market.

It does look like they have the same basic hood and top of fender with different wheel wells, grille and bumper. I think the F150 platinum style grille would have worked but agree the one they used looks better.

How's 1 out of 4?

Removable top?

They felt Expy warranted the same F-150 dash.

The Ranger's interior looks nice, I don't think any of us disagree there. Our point is just that if you're going to go through the effort of having a heritage-inspired exterior, why would you give up and put an out-of-place (with that heritage styling) interior in the thing? That would be very disappointing to see them cheap out like that.

It did....

maxresdefault.jpg

2018-Ford-F-150-Raptor-Interior-1.jpg

Expy's is just a cover for the cubby.

I'd expect shared hardpoints and some switchgear with a unique skin.

Speculation, but some of Mustang's switchgear could be made to seem right at home in a retro-inspired statement vehicle such as this...

Yeah absolutely they'll share switchgear - I don't have a problem with that. It needs a heritage-inspired design, though.

I'd love to see Mustang's toggle switches make an appearance.

Our point is just that if you're going to go through the effort of having a heritage-inspired exterior, why would you give up and put an out-of-place (with that heritage styling) interior in the thing? That would be very disappointing to see them cheap out like that.

Bingo

Wingsnut posted this over at FIN, FWIW:

More info for you all on Bronco,

imagine a 4 door version of the 2004 Bronco concept from which it is actually derived, but put a Raptor front end on it. I think that is pretty close.

Which sounds just about perfect/exactly what I'm wanting.

bronco_concept-2.PNG

Not sure if you were posting that for a size reference, but I think that concept was a compact, whereas this'll be midsize.

Oh look - a retro inspired dash that looks nothing like any other current Ford product.

This is the type of dash we've been talking about. Not that it has to look exactly like this, but closer to this than a Ranger dash.

bronco_concept-6.PNG

I'm sure it'll look better than that - that's too retro/bare haha. But a better starting point than either the Ranger or especially that hideous Troller dash.