Mach 1 - High Performance BEV SUV - NAIAS 2018

...even beat the Jeep-pickup to the market...

No way they'd beat the Jeep pickup to market. Toledo North is almost done retooling for it.

See, this is how even FCA is better at product planing than Ford. They moved the Cherokee from Toledo North to Belvidere, Illinois, even before the vehicle was to receive its mid cycle refresh, to get the keep pickup to market faster.

So they move it, run it for a year or so, then refresh it. All while Ford sits on their hands.

• Like 1

No way they'd beat the Jeep pickup to market. Toledo North is almost done retooling for it.

See, this is how even FCA is better at product planing than Ford. They moved the Cherokee from Toledo North to Belvidere, Illinois, even before the vehicle was to receive its mid cycle refresh, to get the keep pickup to market faster.

So they move it, run it for a year or so, then refresh it. All while Ford sits on their hands.

But they also killed off there non-competitive small and midsize sedan also

FCA is more about dumb luck then actual planning...lets see where they stand another 5-10 years from now. They are still actively looking for a partner.

• Like 2

I think you just made my point.

Really? When Ford sells enough Focus and Fusions to justify their existence? Yeah, that would make sense.

Dude, I understand your frustration with Ford, as I share some of it, but nearly every employee for virtually any kind of company gets frustrated with management decisions etc. However some of your recent posts complaining about the company are pretty far out there. I hope youre trying to be a part of the solution at your facility and not one of those people who just cast stones. We can all try to do our part whereever we work, but I do get it.

As a recipient of the products that you and your counterparts build, I appreciate that. We have to do what we have to do sometimes to get things done and make things work. I understand the need to vent sometimes. At my work we have a little saying that we are successful in spite of ourselves, regardless of the self imposed impediments that we put in place. Keep up the good fight.

Edited by tbone
  • Like 1

Our saying is: We're a successful company. Just imagine how much more successful we'd be if we knew what we're doing.

Trust me its not any better anywhere else...I have issues where I work at with general stupidity in management and processes they use.

Another good one is We are successful, in spite of ourselves

For the lazy people- high res photos

http://cardesignnews.com/articles/concept-car-of-the-week/2016/04/ford-bronco-concept

The only problem I have with it is that it harkens back to the J Mays look Ford had in the early-mid 2000s with the 2005 Mustang and 2002 Explorer-both great looking products that have aged well, but it offers a great ideas to work from.

The only way a Bronco would look like a Jeep is if they had square wheel arches like a Jeep...the Bronco itself is very blocky looking and there is lots from the F-series that would carry over well into a modern Bronco design styling wise.

Ford does need to keep the shape of the Bronco and Bronco concept grill for the actual production version IMO. I don't think stealing the headlights off the F-150 for the new one would work, even though the last gen Bronco had nothing more then a F-150 front end on it.

• Like 2

For the lazy people- high res photos

http://cardesignnews.com/articles/concept-car-of-the-week/2016/04/ford-bronco-concept

The only problem I have with it is that it harkens back to the J Mays look Ford had in the early-mid 2000s with the 2005 Mustang and 2002 Explorer-both great looking products that have aged well, but it offers a great ideas to work from.

The only way a Bronco would look like a Jeep is if they had square wheel arches like a Jeep...the Bronco itself is very blocky looking and there is lots from the F-series that would carry over well into a modern Bronco design styling wise.

Ford does need to keep the shape of the Bronco and Bronco concept grill for the actual production version IMO. I don't think stealing the headlights off the F-150 for the new one would work, even though the last gen Bronco had nothing more then a F-150 front end on it.

I had sketched one a while back.

I agree with you.

The one exception was the 74-76(?) Mach 1 on the Mustang II chassis. Except for the V-6* and the 130 hp V-8*; it was a graphics & trim package.

*Engines were not exclusive to the Mach 1

1974-78 Mustang II Mach 1 with just black lower body and rear lamp panel paint + Mach 1 decals on lower front fenders ahead of the door. Real special. Should have been named Mach O.

Don't need to drive one I only buy Super Duty's, weird that no ecoboost is offered in the model line that is expected to see the most severe use.... 6.2 gives me no reason to try inferior drivetrains.[/quote

Damn that post brings a smile to my face....the f150 is not a truck...its a suburban mulch hauler that all the city folk can thus pretend to be real cowboys and one of the "cool kids"

Yup, dealer told me he has lost a few sales on the new 150's once people realize the motor shuts off at lights and you have to press a button each time you get in.