Mach 1 - High Performance BEV SUV - NAIAS 2018

Based on what I have seen so far from the Ranger my expectations for the Bronco have been lowered considerably.

My expectations for the Bronco are very low, I expect a four door powered by an ecotrash four banger that looks like it could wear a Suzuki or Isuzu badge. Currently in the market for a 94-96 Bronco as I gave up waiting and based on recent Ford products with the the exception of F Series I don't see much hope.

• Like 1

My expectations for the Bronco are very low, I expect a four door powered by an ecotrash four banger that looks like it could wear a Suzuki or Isuzu badge. Currently in the market for a 94-96 Bronco as I gave up waiting and based on recent Ford products with the the exception of F Series I don't see much hope.

Ooh so edgy....

I just laugh at people who complain about Ecoboost engines without even driving them on a daily basis.

There is a reason why the 5L V8 in the F-150 only makes up 25% of total sales..

Ooh so edgy....

I just laugh at people who complain about Ecoboost engines without even driving them on a daily basis.

There is a reason why the 5L V8 in the F-150 only makes up 25% of total sales..

Don't need to drive one I only buy Super Duty's, weird that no ecoboost is offered in the model line that is expected to see the most severe use.... 6.2 gives me no reason to try inferior drivetrains. Edited by Steve557

ecotrash Lol. You sound like a chevy fanboy

So if they lay off the second shift...are you SOL or do you go on unemployment and sub pay till the Bronco comes out?

Not a clue. Nobody wants to tell us anything other than that company line that nobody believes.

Even if I go on unemployment, I have 8 weeks of that left and 13 weeks of SUB so theres enough to get me through most of the summer, but barely.

Don't need to drive one I only buy Super Duty's, weird that no ecoboost is offered in the model line that is expected to see the most severe use.... 6.2 gives me no reason to try inferior drivetrains.

Ecoboost is only usable as a part time power unit. Constant load dictates larger capacity engines

something you would already know as a SD buyer (6.2 with 10R140 will be exciting in 18 months time)

The beauty of Ecoboost comes to the fore in all those F150s used as shopping trolleys and occasional towing,

the 5.0 V8 IMO is still a much better and more efficient tower than any of the EB V6s

I expect Ranger to follow the same general sales profile of F150, mostly crew Cab and rarely used for towing.

Edited by jpd80

Don't need to drive one I only buy Super Duty's, weird that no ecoboost is offered in the model line that is expected to see the most severe use.... 6.2 gives me no reason to try inferior drivetrains.

I had a 6.2 in my last Raptor, it was a good engine. I now have the 3.5 high output eco in my 2017, and it is not inferior, at least paired with the 10sp. It doesnt sound as good but it feels more powerful and it gets better gas mileage. I would like to see how the 6.2 feels with the 10sp.

• Like 1

Don't need to drive one I only buy Super Duty's, weird that no ecoboost is offered in the model line that is expected to see the most severe use.... 6.2 gives me no reason to try inferior drivetrains.[/quote

Damn that post brings a smile to my face....the f150 is not a truck...its a suburban mulch hauler that all the city folk can thus pretend to be real cowboys and one of the "cool kids"

Edited by snooter

shooter, as a resident of a city I can say the number F150s Silverados and Rams is minimal. Parking is an issue on the narrow streets. The burbs I grant you are filled with full size pickups but around here it mostly CUVs, Escapes, Edges, RAV 4s CRVs and such. Your mixing of urban and suburburn generalities dosent hold much water, at least in Boston

Based on what I have seen so far from the Ranger my expectations for the Bronco have been lowered considerably.

Why? We knew the Ranger would be a warmed-over ROW model.

I don't think that has any bearing on what Bronco will be. Heck, you could even look at it this way - because of the lighter investment on our Ranger, that means more development dollars are being allocated to Bronco.

• Like 1

Why? We knew the Ranger would be a warmed-over ROW model.

I don't think that has any bearing on what Bronco will be. Heck, you could even look at it this way - because of the lighter investment on our Ranger, that means more development dollars are being allocated to Bronco.

I guess we'll find out in another year or two what the Bronco.. cough... Everest...cough.. is going to look like. :)

• Like 1

well they have said the Bronco is aimed smack at the Wrangler, so off roading capability should be a given....drivetrain...well seems the 2.3 is now a given at least but who knows if there will be other drivetrains...as for styling...I know someone that says they have seen the clay model, said its very "square"....but I also heard it looked too Jeep like and was sent back to the stylists. And then ( conspiracy theory ) I see the trailers for an up coming movie and the concept Bronco we were so enamored with....is front and center ( and STILL looks awesome )

• Like 1

well they have said the Bronco is aimed smack at the Wrangler, so off roading capability should be a given....drivetrain...well seems the 2.3 is now a given at least but who knows if there will be other drivetrains...as for styling...I know someone that says they have seen the clay model, said its very "square"....but I also heard it looked too Jeep like and was sent back to the stylists. And then ( conspiracy theory ) I see the trailers for an up coming movie and the concept Bronco we were so enamored with....is front and center ( and STILL looks awesome )

If anything a 1970s era Bronco looks more like an old Land Rover Defender then a Jeep

• Like 1

well they have said the Bronco is aimed smack at the Wrangler, so off roading capability should be a given....drivetrain...well seems the 2.3 is now a given at least but who knows if there will be other drivetrains...as for styling...I know someone that says they have seen the clay model, said its very "square"....but I also heard it looked too Jeep like and was sent back to the stylists.

And then ( conspiracy theory ) I see the trailers for an up coming movie and the concept Bronco we were so enamored with....is front and center ( and STILL looks awesome )

don't understand the last part, BUT

I really wish they'd gone with the too-Jeep front end for Ranger ...even beat the Jeep-pickup to the market...

and no reason not to use a "corrected" version on the Bronco

rough day and feeling this is heading from disappointing to fluster-cuck

Edited by 2b2
  • Like 1

don't understand the last part, BUT

I really wish they'd gone with the too-Jeep front end for Ranger ...even beat the Jeep-pickup to the market...

and no reason not to use a "corrected" version on the Bronco

rough day and feeling this is heading from disappointing to fluster-cuck

If even half of the rumors we've heard about the Bronco in the last 6-8 months are true that program is already a clusterfuck Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

You could imagiine the furore form Jeep and its loyal following if Ford made the Bronco a veritable knock off,

maybe Ford thought it too close to the bone, in your face and wanted more "Bronco" in the Bronco...

and if it was just an Everest with a different Grille, we'd see it a lot sooner after Ranger's launch.