Mach 1 - High Performance BEV SUV - NAIAS 2018

lost sales to Autostop/ start ?...hilarious....lazy asses...how long does it actually take to push a button??????? if that's an excuse its as lame as hell....and ^ note Pioneers response.

They must love the GM vehicles where you don't even have the option to disable it then.

• Like 1

We have it and its annoying. When the engine stops, the AC stops and the cabin air circulation button turns off. Its annoying when sitting in traffic in 100 degree weather and your AC stops, or you are sitting behind a diesel with all of the exhaust fumes coming through the vents. Would it stop me from buying a vehicle though? No. If it was optional, would I get it? No.

• Like 1

T-dubz....if your A/C shuts of then theres something amiss...the engine will CONTINUE to run if necessary to keep A/c / heater or ancilliaries running to prevent battery depleting. Also, hit your recirc on the A/c to stop smelling diesel...and get back in touch with your sales person for not going through the car well enough.

• Like 1

T-dubz....if your A/C shuts of then theres something amiss...the engine will CONTINUE to run if necessary to keep A/c / heater or ancilliaries running to prevent battery depleting. Also, hit your recirc on the A/c to stop smelling diesel...and get back in touch with your sales person for not going through the car well enough.

Exactly, was going say the same thing

Ive had plenty of feedback from customers...some are fine from the get go, others hit the button a few dozen times then just leave it to do its own thing...minor annoyance in search for that extra .5 miles per gallon....personally id do Pioneers trick, but the current car doesn't have it so I'm fine....and neither does the Motorcycle....lol

We have it and its annoying. When the engine stops, the AC stops and the cabin air circulation button turns off. Its annoying when sitting in traffic in 100 degree weather and your AC stops, or you are sitting behind a diesel with all of the exhaust fumes coming through the vents. Would it stop me from buying a vehicle though? No. If it was optional, would I get it? No.

Good feedback from a real owner of a F product..or may be a good GM shape shifter but i digress....this is the feedback i like and i hope somebody at ford reads this forum....leave this type of eco stuff out of the new bronco...anybody that buys a bronco for for mpg needs to just go out and buy a kia....

lost sales to Autostop/ start ?...hilarious....lazy asses...how long does it actually take to push a button??????? if that's an excuse its as lame as hell....and ^ note Pioneers response.

Yes they have lost actual sales to it he said. A $60k (ok say really $50k after rebates) truck has a feature that saves maybe $50 a year? What is the reasoning behind a feature like that? I am not modifying anything including the electronics of a $50k vehicle brand new, would you? Ford should just get rid of the start stop, if it was an option no one would get it.

Edited by Steve557
  • Like 1

Good feedback from a real owner of a F product..or may be a good GM shape shifter but i digress....this is the feedback i like and i hope somebody at ford reads this forum....leave this type of eco stuff out of the new bronco...anybody that buys a bronco for for mpg needs to just go out and buy a kia....

Agreed with the Bronco, 5 liter in the Bronco or expect a lot of very disappointed Bronco fanatics. I gave up on waiting for new one and looking for 94-96 Bronco (had a 94 back in the day that I still dearly miss).

Turns off might have been a bad choice of words. The air is still blowing from the AC, its just not as cold.

Once again:

0ad.png

The reason this stuff is added to the car isn't for individual nameplate MPG improvement-its Ford responsibility to meet CAFE requirements.

I'm pretty sure that every Ford product that has gone though a refresh in the past 18 months has it, save the Mustang-but I never cared to look since it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things to me.

The Bronco is going to have it, it is basically required with CAFE. The idea of a 1995 2 door bronco with a big v8 is not going to happen. Youre going to be disappointed with the Bronco.

The Bronco is going to have it, it is basically required with CAFE. The idea of a 1995 2 door bronco with a big v8 is not going to happen. Youre going to be disappointed with the Bronco.

Agree. I wouldn't be surprised if Bronco only offers turbo fours as well.

Edited by atomcat68

Once again:

0ad.png

The reason this stuff is added to the car isn't for individual nameplate MPG improvement-its Ford responsibility to meet CAFE requirements.

I'm pretty sure that every Ford product that has gone though a refresh in the past 18 months has it, save the Mustang-but I never cared to look since it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things to me.

I disagree CAFE says nothing about requiring start stop, it's Ford's choice to add it. Find other ways to improve fuel economy without sticking people with something they don't want. The fact that 2018 Raptors have start stop is mind boggling.

Should have never bothered bringing back the name plate if V8 won't be offered in my opinion. Just name it something else if all they wanted to do is create another Bronco II.

Heres an idea, dont buy it when it comes out. Just because the presumed specs dont appear to be what you want doesnt mean people arent interested. I am not interested in a 95 remake and want something similarly sized to the Wrangler. No offense to the 95, but I have a full-size truck. If you want a 95, go find a nice speciman from the south or California and restore it because thats as close to new as you will get.

• Like 1

Heres an idea, dont buy it when it comes out. Just because the presumed specs dont appear to be what you want doesnt mean people arent interested. I am not interested in a 95 remake and want something similarly sized to the Wrangler. No offense to the 95, but I have a full-size truck. If you want a 95, go find a nice speciman from the south or California and restore it because thats as close to new as you will get.

Agreed. I'd have ZERO interest if it were a full size.

I disagree CAFE says nothing about requiring start stop, it's Ford's choice to add it. Find other ways to improve fuel economy without sticking people with something they don't want. The fact that 2018 Raptors have start stop is mind boggling.

What don't you get about it? It saves anywhere from 3-10% in gas, depending on driving usage (assume better MPG's in stop and go traffic) All for an electronics and upgraded starter-its a no brainer to use it improve your CAFE and MPG ratings.

• Like 2

Should have never bothered bringing back the name plate if V8 won't be offered in my opinion. Just name it something else if all they wanted to do is create another Bronco II.

If the Bronco gets the same 2.3 EcoBoost that the Ranger is getting, it will likely be the most powerful and quickest Bronco ever made.

I remember that when most performance cars were v8, zero to 60 times were slower than now. Today's cars are so much faster with 4 and 6 cylinder engines. it seems every car is a super car now.

Years ago, I never would have thought I'd buy a Mustang with a 6, but I have one now and it is by far my favorite car. The 31 mpg highway is the whipped cream on top.

At this point, I'd rather the Bronco not to have the 8.

Consider the Mustang Cobra with the 4.6L DOHC V8 was putting out about the same power as the current base engine 2.3L Ecoboost Mustang.

Some people still think turbocharged engines are like the ones in the 80s. They’re not even close.

And the 80's are further away now then the 1960s' where in the 1980s-if that makes sense.

Alot has changed in the past 20 years...even more in the past 10 years.

A $32K Mustang GT is only 5HP short of a Ferrari F512 M and actually puts out more torque then its V12 did.

There was a list compiled about the SHO and what cars its faster then in the 0-60 times (Not an exactly great metric)...that list included the Original Ford GT and the Pantera

I miss my Mustang, but not because of its V8 it had.