2021 Mustang on CD6

Considering this source, the redesigned Lincoln MKZ should also be presented this year, and its production should start next year. Is it CD6? I dont think the CD4 will continue in redesigned vehicles

Like I pondered prior, I think this new Fusion based MKZ is dead, and they will replace it with a new CD6 RWD sedan to take its place.

Ford won't give up production allocation for Exlporers to build any T-Birds or Falcons, and no RWD Fusion/Taurus.

Any extra R&D for CD6 will go to electrics/hybrid CUV's, and Mustangs.

there won't be rear-wheel-drive sedans in north america, but in china? Maybe! But rear-wheel-drive and sporting SUVs are already reality, such as the eminent Explorer ST and Mach 1. Why not Lincoln too?

Like I pondered prior, I think this new Fusion based MKZ is dead, and they will replace it with a new CD6 RWD sedan to take its place.

I think there may only be the option RWD with the advent of the CD6 platform in Lincoln's midsize luxury sedan, but only in a sporting versions perhaps. Unless mistaken, there are already Genesis with RWD, right? Thats that!

I think any sedan they build off of CD6 should be FWD/AWD. The only exception to that "could" be a new PI. But if they PI isn't sharing body with another vehicle, I don't think it would be profitable. That's just my opinion as I wouldn't buy a RWD sedan. I'm sure the Panther Mafia would love one...

I think any sedan they build off of CD6 should be FWD/AWD. The only exception to that "could" be a new PI. But if they PI isn't sharing body with another vehicle, I don't think it would be profitable. That's just my opinion as I wouldn't buy a RWD sedan. I'm sure the Panther Mafia would love one...

CD6 RWD will be shared with all new Mustang, Explorer ST, and Mach 1 (maybe). That already reduces spending considerably and makes it profitable! So just get the same CD6 platform already assembled for RWD in mustangs, explores and mach 1, and put it in a lincoln MKZ sedan successor. It will already be sharing the same platform with three vehicles, and would make the MKZ successor more differentiated to the Continental. Today, they're verfy confused by what they deliver.

There is no point to building a FWD CD6 sedan. If you want FWD use C3. If Lincoln wants to compete with other luxury mfrs they need better performance including performance hybrids and you can’t get that with a transverse layout.

what would be the layout of CD6, since Explorer will behave such a platform?

Primarily RWD with AWD available and a longitudinal engine. It is rumored that CD6 can support FWD possibly with a longitudinal layout like Audi but that may not make sense with the new C3 platform available.

The C3 seems to have evolved considerably in Focus 4, looking much bigger. Perhaps Ford plans to make the Focus Sedan a car that will suit Fusion customers in the US, and may even include a Lincoln entrance sedan to fight with A3 Sedan

a LOT of that is old information that is no longer valid.

Yes I agree! I bet even when published it might have been off for some programs as its all basically professional sleuthing! lol

I do think it guides us in making better guesses or getting a feel of where FMC is going or expects to go.

Yes I agree! I bet even when published it might have been off for some programs as its all basically professional sleuthing! lol

I do think it guides us in making better guesses or getting a feel of where FMC is going or expects to go.

Literally every part of that has changed in some form thanks to Mark Fields.

CD6 RWD will be shared with all new Mustang, Explorer ST, and Mach 1 (maybe). That already reduces spending considerably and makes it profitable! So just get the same CD6 platform already assembled for RWD in mustangs, explores and mach 1, and put it in a lincoln MKZ sedan successor. It will already be sharing the same platform with three vehicles, and would make the MKZ successor more differentiated to the Continental. Today, they're verfy confused by what they deliver.

Explorer ST will be AWD for sure.

So far the only thing that is for sure going to be RWD on CD6 appears to the Mustang.

MKZ will be replaced by a FWD C3 sedan in China. In the US, I think Lincoln will eventually end up with just CD6 Continental but with 2 different wheelbase. And too early to say if it will be FWD or RWD. If there is going to be a Linocln sedan smaller than Continental in the US, it will probably be E1 BEV sedan.

Edited by bzcat

So far the only thing that is for sure going to be RWD on CD6 appears to the Mustang.

MKZ will be replaced by a FWD C3 sedan in China. In the US, I think Lincoln will eventually end up with just CD6 Continental but with 2 different wheelbase. And too early to say if it will be FWD or RWD. If there is going to be a Linocln sedan smaller than Continental in the US, it will probably be E1 BEV sedan.

I see 0 reason not to make Conti RWD.

I also think MKZ's successor with be RWD.

• Like 1

is E1 the name of any platform intended for Ford electric cars?