2021 Mustang on CD6

That's what I'm thinking. 4.2L ecoboost V8 or something to that effect.

Was it listed in that engine oil document that was posted a few weeks ago?

Nope: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64233-mustang-shelby-gt500-rumors-starting-to-leak-out/&do=findComment&comment=1015957

EDIT: You beat me by thaaaaaat much...

Edited by fordmantpw

I just find it hard to believe that Ford will drop the V8 from Mustang and F150. In 10 years, sure, but not before.

V8 engines are time-counted! There will be no room for this type of engine soon. I can easily see a Mustang GT hybrid. Remembering that Ford already had the courage to make aluminum pickup and Ford GT with V6 engine

Edited by RadicalX

You're right - I see it now. Totally missed it. That makes more sense.

Good call!

Same here!

I can see how you both missed it - it's hard to clearly read small numbers on the the grainy image. I had to look closely through them all to find it.

What's interesting to note though.......we know a hybrid Mustang and F-150 are coming. Yet there's no 5.0 HEV on that list. only 3.0 HEV and 3.3 HEV (that could reasonably apply to either of these models). I'm guessing it'll be the 3.3 HEV, as the F-150 already has the 3.3 as the standard engine.

I can see how you both missed it - it's hard to clearly read small numbers on the the grainy image. I had to look closely through them all to find it.

What's interesting to note though.......we know a hybrid Mustang and F-150 are coming. Yet there's no 5.0 HEV on that list. only 3.0 HEV and 3.3 HEV (that could reasonably apply to either of these models). I'm guessing it'll be the 3.3 HEV, as the F-150 already has the 3.3 as the standard engine.

3.0 HEV may be the engine of Mach 1. And the 3.3 HEV some unique engine for some Lincoln variant. I don't think Ford can take back the decision to make Lincoln as big and relevant as Audi.

I don't think the F150 HEV will come with the 5.0 at all. I would expect the 3.3 like you mention.

The 3.0 GTDI HEV is the Ecsoboost Lincoln 3.0 with hybrid addition...might be shared with Mustang but thats whats going into the Aviator. Maybe Navigator too? I think the 3.3 V6 DI Hybrid (non EB) might be for the F-150, maybe Explorer, Expedition?

I think were starting to see the Lincoln Hybrid path they will take...use it to boost power AND efficiency and sell it as the top performeance engine. That 3.O V6 GTDI HEV will push pit 450+ hp!

Edited by spudz64
  • Like 2

I don't think the F150 HEV will come with the 5.0 at all. I would expect the 3.3 like you mention.

I wouldn't expect the 5.0 to be used in a hybrid light truck, anyway. The whole point is to use a small(er), more efficient engine and make up the difference with electric motors.

Well, unless you're GM and making a non-hybrid hybrid truck.

Edited by SoonerLS
  • Like 1

personally i think they may go, but come back as a 'fad"....I swear...all this downsizing may actually cause backlash....and then theres the new 7.0 being released.....

All the reports indicate that the 7X is supposed to be a replacement for the V10, which means it's highly unlikely to show up in anything other than the F-Series, E-Series, and Transit. I just don't see them stuffing a truck engine into a Mustang.

The 3.0 GTDI HEV is the Ecsoboost Lincoln 3.0 with hybrid addition...might be shared with Mustang but thats whats going into the Aviator. Maybe Navigator too? I think the 3.3 V6 DI Hybrid (non EB) might be for the F-150, maybe Explorer, Expedition?

I think were starting to see the Lincoln Hybrid path they will take...use it to boost power AND efficiency and sell it as the top performeance engine. That 3.O V6 GTDI HEV will push pit 450+ hp!

Winner winner chicken dinner.

• Like 1

The question is which brand will get what.

I just assumed Mustang would share F-150's powerplant, like it does with the 5.0. Which is why I suggested the 3.3HEV is what Mustang will get.

And since the 3.0 is (for now) Lincoln exclusive, therefore, Lincolns would use the 3.0HEV, Explorer could also use this version too to help generate more economies of scale for that powertrain program that Lincoln wouldn't be able to produce on its' own.

Another interesting question though.......displacement taxes ROW. Isn't 3.0 a ceiling before higher taxes kick in? That would also support its usage in Lincoln products with China sales becoming more and more important to the brand.

• Like 1