The Father Of The F-150 Raptor, Jamal Hameedi, Departs Ford

http://www.offroadxtreme.com/news/the-father-of-the-f-150-raptor-jamal-hameedi-departs-ford/

“After an incredible 27-year career at Ford Motor Company, it is time for something new!” he said on social media. “I am moving to England to join Jaguar-Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations creating amazing vehicles, such as the SV coupe.”

Not sure if this has been posted, as I could not find any recent posts/threads about Jamal. Sad news for us FMC Performance geeks! (Also weird that I can't find an official FMC Press Release.)

It’s a picture of coupe3w holding a sign saying the sky is falling.

Well if I were a highly paid engineer, and the guy at the top keeps talking about cutting engineering costs would I wake up every morning with the same positive feeling I had about the direction of the company?

I guess if the guy setting the tone had a solid engineering/manufacturing background I might feel differently-but Hackett?? Not surprising IMO that talented people will be looking for other opportunities where their creative skills will be appreciated.

• Like 3

But Ford seems committed to high performance vehicles like the Raptor. A Ranger Raptor is all but guaranteed within a couple of years as well as a performance Bronco. If anything Ford is doubling down on performance models. Why? Margin. There is a difference between cutting costs across the board and cutting costs by using shared platforms and modular components and by killing less profitable vehicles.

• Like 1

Well if I were a highly paid engineer, and the guy at the top keeps talking about cutting engineering costs would I wake up every morning with the same positive feeling I had about the direction of the company?

I guess if the guy setting the tone had a solid engineering/manufacturing background I might feel differently-but Hackett?? Not surprising IMO that talented people will be looking for other opportunities where their creative skills will be appreciated.

Great point. And apparently Hameedi agrees with you much more than Akirby.

Well AK makes good points-I just think when a guy has had a very successful 27 year career-and I would imagine a passion for Ford-like most of us on this site even though most are not employees,- the guy counting cadence has to register with everyone. Compare Hackett and his track record to Mulally.

Who would motivate you? I always said.."when the alarm goes off in the morning and you say.."Oh shit"-time to move on"

So, based on his quote:

“After an incredible 27-year career at Ford Motor Company, it is time for something new!” he said on social media. “I am moving to England to join Jaguar-Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations creating amazing vehicles, such as the SV coupe.”

you think he's leaving because he has a bad feeling in the direction of the company? Since he's moving to England, and moving up to a more prestigious (luxury) brand, my thoughts are that he had an opportunity to really reach his dream, so he chose to leave. Had he left and gone to GM or Ram, I would agree with you, but this isn't a lateral move by any stretch.

• Like 1

you think he's leaving because he has a bad feeling in the direction of the company? Since he's moving to England, and moving up to a more prestigious (luxury) brand, my thoughts are that he had an opportunity to really reach his dream, so he chose to leave. Had he left and gone to GM or Ram, I would agree with you, but this isn't a lateral move by any stretch.

This. ^^^

Edited by akirby

I just think when a guy has had a very successful 27 year career-and I would imagine a passion for Ford-like most of us on this site even though most are not employees,- the guy counting cadence has to register with everyone. Compare Hackett and his track record to Mulally.

Who would motivate you? I always said.."when the alarm goes off in the morning and you say.."Oh shit"-time to move on"

This. ^^^

Didn't really care for him, when the early Ford Raptor frames were bending several years ago, he put all blame on the owners. Nice. But on the 2013s, Ford addresssed the isssue and reinforced the frames.

More than just bend, the early chassis had a deliberate fail point where the

chassis would break if it was mistreated by jumping over bumps at speed.

You really can't have Raptor as a desert runner and not remove that fault.

Edited by jpd80