Jump to content
  • Custom Search


silvrsvt

Bronco world premier Spring 2020!

Recommended Posts

Not too surprised.  I would imagine this will line up with the release for the Bronco Maverick (aka baby) since that's supposed to come out first by a few months, but can hardly be trotted out with the Bronco name if Ford doesn't say something significant about the namesake model itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some deduction to narrow it down:

  • "Spring" officially ends June 21
  • Financial Q2 ends with June
  • Bronco Maverick (aka baby) was anticipated to precede regular Bronco by a few months
  • Bronco Job 1 anticipated for Dec'20-Jan'21
  • Ford's hometown auto show NAIAS in Detroit starts June 7
  • Ford has adopted a pattern of making major model announcements at independent events, not auto shows

So my dart is on late May 2020 for the Bronco press release, with perhaps an announcement for the announcement around a Bronco-centric spring event like Bronco Super Celebration in April (if we're lucky, we might get some teaser images that early).

 

The announcement for the announcement could also be at the Bronco Maverick (aka baby) release event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice this from C&D: "Now we know for sure that the production SUV will go on sale sometime next year as a 2020 model."

 

Huh, if true that's going to be a pretty short first year model year. Usually mid-calendar year releases get the next year's date for model year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

I notice this from C&D: "Now we know for sure that the production SUV will go on sale sometime next year as a 2020 model."

 

Huh, if true that's going to be a pretty short first year model year. Usually mid-calendar year releases get the next year's date for model year.

 

Ford's own website calls it a 2021, which is significant since for the longest time it said 2020 until they took the date off of it entirely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

 

Ford's own website calls it a 2021, which is significant since for the longest time it said 2020 until they took the date off of it entirely. 

So are we safe to assume the new Ranger will be MY 2022?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

So are we safe to assume the new Ranger will be MY 2022?

 

I'm not privy to that, but rumor has it being a 2023 model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early on when Ford first announced the return of both the Ranger and Bronco there was speculation that they would share not only a platform but also some sheet metal. Any chance that will actually happen with the next gen Ranger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

Early on when Ford first announced the return of both the Ranger and Bronco there was speculation that they would share not only a platform but also some sheet metal. Any chance that will actually happen with the next gen Ranger?

 

None

 

Nothing on the outside anyway. Things like floor pans, front structure and firewall I could see sharing though. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it funny that the auto press is describing the soon-to-be-released Bronco as "based on the redesigned Ranger" coming a couple years down the road. Huh. I guess we are learning even more about the Bronco's amazing new abilities. Among other things, it is clairvoyant.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

 

None

 

Nothing on the outside anyway. Things like floor pans, front structure and firewall I could see sharing though. 

 

I keep seeing speculation about a Bronco based pickup that would supposedly compete with the Gladiator. Why wouldn't that be the Ranger Raptor? It only makes sense that Ford would want to maintain the sales numbers of the F-150 so why would they jeopardize that by producing two completely different mid-size trucks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

I find it funny that the auto press is describing the soon-to-be-released Bronco as "based on the redesigned Ranger" coming a couple years down the road. Huh. I guess we are learning even more about the Bronco's amazing new abilities. Among other things, it is clairvoyant.  ;)

 

Or, is it possible that when they say "redesigned Ranger" they are actually talking about the current Ranger which is nothing like the old Ranger most people remember. Never mind the fact that the current Ranger isn't really new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

 

Or, is it possible that when they say "redesigned Ranger" they are actually talking about the current Ranger which is nothing like the old Ranger most people remember. Never mind the fact that the current Ranger isn't really new. 

Actually the Bronco is going on an upgraded platform that the current Ranger is built off of. Keep in mind the current Ranger platform can only accept inline engines due to space issues-that will be fixed starting with the Bronco and then the next gen Ranger in 2023MY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Actually the Bronco is going on an upgraded platform that the current Ranger is built off of. Keep in mind the current Ranger platform can only accept inline engines due to space issues-that will be fixed starting with the Bronco and then the next gen Ranger in 2023MY. 

 

Thats actually due to the top hat. The new Ranger frame we have now in North America will largely carry over to Bronco and NG Ranger from what I understand, with minor changes to accommodate whatever suspension changes might be desired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car and Driver just posted this..Pretty sure they are wrong.

 

"We previously thought that the Bronco Sport might arrive before its big sibling, but now that Ford has announced the release date for the real-deal 2020 Bronco as spring 2020, we think that timeline might be reversed. It's now looking like the Bronco Sport will debut a few months after the Bronco, likely going on sale later next year as a 2021 model."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Actually the Bronco is going on an upgraded platform that the current Ranger is built off of. Keep in mind the current Ranger platform can only accept inline engines due to space issues-that will be fixed starting with the Bronco and then the next gen Ranger in 2023MY. 

yay....engine choices....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kranger84 said:

Car and Driver just posted this..Pretty sure they are wrong.

 

"We previously thought that the Bronco Sport might arrive before its big sibling, but now that Ford has announced the release date for the real-deal 2020 Bronco as spring 2020, we think that timeline might be reversed. It's now looking like the Bronco Sport will debut a few months after the Bronco, likely going on sale later next year as a 2021 model."

not what Ive been told...Bronco Sport actually hitting the ground next year...Bronco is at least 14 months away...they'll release it for people to start drooling...but it wont hit lots for most likely 12 months after that...much like the Mach E...11/17/ 2019 release///not at lots for 12 months after that...   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

not what Ive been told...Bronco Sport actually hitting the ground next year...Bronco is at least 14 months away...they'll release it for people to start drooling...but it wont hit lots for most likely 12 months after that...much like the Mach E...11/17/ 2019 release///not at lots for 12 months after that...   

 

I still hate that extremely dragged out timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

 

I still hate that extremely dragged out timeline.

extremely dragged out is an understatement when it comes to the Bronco...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four major auto shows in first half of the year - Chicago (Feb), New York (April), Beijing (April), and Detroit (June).

 

Two major debuts - Bronco and Bronco Sport.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Four major auto shows in first half of the year - Chicago (Feb), New York (April), Beijing (April), and Detroit (June).

 

Two major debuts - Bronco and Bronco Sport.

 

 

 Mike Levine shot down NYC as one of the shows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deanh said:

not what Ive been told...Bronco Sport actually hitting the ground next year...Bronco is at least 14 months away...they'll release it for people to start drooling...but it wont hit lots for most likely 12 months after that...much like the Mach E...11/17/ 2019 release///not at lots for 12 months after that...   

everything is pointing with the Bronco going into production with in the next 11-13 months-basically this time next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also can't see a primarily US-oriented model debuting in China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×