Jump to content
  • Custom Search


Deafsoundguy

Where the heck are all the new Lincolns?

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, akirby said:

People buy Teslas like they buy Smartphones - it's a new gadget.

 

New luxury car & light truck purchases in general are that way. Neat new toys for big and rich boys (and girls) as the saying goes.

Edited by rperez817

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, rperez817 said:

 

Thank you Deafsoundguy sir! Would you say that car buying preferences in your hometown of Portland, Oregon are similar to Seattle? Seattle stood out as one of the big metro areas in which Lincolns are less popular than in the USA as a whole among new car buyers.

Yes, from what I can tell, if your neighbor wears Birkenstocks, and looks like a Seattle Jesus, they're running for the Prius (or Subaru) dealership and Lincolns come with a cloak of invisibility - they just can't even see them in their sensor range. And Portland is becoming more like Seattle everyday with homeless people camping any and everywhere they please to so probably why there's only one BL dealer in Oregon....

 

I used to live smack right in the middle of Portland where on my short street, there were 9 Priuses...🤮. I don't think any of these people won the high school most individual award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesla is rated 27th out of 29 makes in reliability by CR. They're also dead last in the industry in autonomous driving technology, according to Navigant. 70% of the energy to charge them comes from fossil fuels, and the mining operations from nickel, cobalt, and lithium are environmentally destructive. And once all these giant batteries need disposing it's going to be another big environmental problem. Finally, they have to have government subsidies to survive, which means the middle class has been subsidizing toys for wealthy people.

 

So, not a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deafsoundguy said:

Yes, from what I can tell, if your neighbor wears Birkenstocks, and looks like a Seattle Jesus, they're running for the Prius (or Subaru) dealership and Lincolns come with a cloak of invisibility - they just can't even see them in their sensor range. And Portland is becoming more like Seattle everyday with homeless people camping any and everywhere they please to so probably why there's only one BL dealer in Oregon....

 

I used to live smack right in the middle of Portland where on my short street, there were 9 Priuses...🤮. I don't think any of these people won the high school most individual award.

That's one more BL dealer then New Mexico :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, T hawker said:

That's one more BL dealer then New Mexico :)

Oh that sucks!!! We love New Mexico.... so much that we had this custom sign done for our... uh...Portland home.....

 

I always fantasize of eating a nice Tex-Mex meal from the finest place in the world for food everytime I see that sign....😀

 

 

Welcome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deafsoundguy said:

Oh that sucks!!! We love New Mexico.... so much that we had this custom sign done for our... uh...Portland home.....

 

I always fantasize of eating a nice Tex-Mex meal from the finest place in the world for food everytime I see that sign....😀

 

 

Welcome.jpg

Very cool sir!  I'm way down between the M and e.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unusual but interesting that I've seen a Lincoln Corsair, Lincoln Nautilus & Lincoln Aviator at our Ford dealership this week for service!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 1:51 PM, Deafsoundguy said:

Dealer says they're selling Aviators the most, but where they're hiding is beyond me.

50% of them are probably still awaiting shipment in ramp jail and blocking mine in for months now... just sayin!!!

Edited by CoolScoop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all this time I still have seen only ONE Aviator.... Yesterday I finally saw a BL Nautilus in some light beige or bronze color, must have been a 2019 because it had the 2.0 engine. I see only Navigators in any frequency and every once in while now a MKZ or Continental with the new grill styles.

 

Can't remember if I wrote this before, but my Salesguy sold a BL Aviator to one of the Portland Trailblazers. Then shortly thereafter a valet at a restaurant totaled it...ugh - I saw the picture. It was one of those I can't believe anyone could total a car at very low speed but he did! The BB player ordered another one just like it immediately so I guess he liked his car... 🏀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends on where you live.

 

Mercedes-Benz and BMW continue to dominant the Gulf South region. Lexus used to be fairly ubiquitous before it got hit with an ugly stick. I did see a new Aviator today. New Orleans finally has a Lincoln dealership again after an 8 year hiatus, so I should see more of them around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see one everyday now😀   Really though, I've only seen a few in the wild.  The dealership where I bought mine has seen a surge in Lincoln sales of late.  They have one Reserve 1 left of 9 reserves that have arrived since Christmas.  The manager is kind of peeved because he has more customer wants than vehicles available.  He was picking up two yesterday from other dealers he sold last Saturday.   He has 1 more GT on the way and another just got scheduled.  The owner was giddy about how many Lincolns he was selling this year (He is a major truck/mustang guy)  His Explorers have been going like hot cakes also.  80% of the sales team hit their Feb sales targets by Presidents day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

I see one everyday now😀   Really though, I've only seen a few in the wild.  The dealership where I bought mine has seen a surge in Lincoln sales of late.  They have one Reserve 1 left of 9 reserves that have arrived since Christmas.  The manager is kind of peeved because he has more customer wants than vehicles available.  He was picking up two yesterday from other dealers he sold last Saturday.   He has 1 more GT on the way and another just got scheduled.  The owner was giddy about how many Lincolns he was selling this year (He is a major truck/mustang guy)  His Explorers have been going like hot cakes also.  80% of the sales team hit their Feb sales targets by Presidents day.  

Pics of the one you see every day? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

There are more pics in the Aviator thread under  GT ordered

IMG-0299 (2).JPG

Ah, yes that's right, I think I saw those. Very nice. Love the color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Handler said:

Lexus used to be fairly ubiquitous before it got hit with an ugly stick.

HaHa there's justice at least SOMEWHERE in the US.....

 

Where I live those things (bigmouth bass Lexus SUVs) are a dime a dozen. Truly astounds me someone would think that car looks good..... But they sell the crap out of them... a true head scratcher for me anyway. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Deafsoundguy said:

HaHa there's justice at least SOMEWHERE in the US.....

 

Where I live those things (bigmouth bass Lexus SUVs) are a dime a dozen. Truly astounds me someone would think that car looks good..... But they sell the crap out of them... a true head scratcher for me anyway. 🤔

Agreed. I have never been a fan of Lexus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mustangchief said:

There are more pics in the Aviator thread under  GT ordered

IMG-0299 (2).JPG

Love the color, my 88 Mustang was a similar blue.

I did not even consider Lexus bc of front end design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×