Jump to content

None






Sign in to follow this  
YT90SC

Wow! Really???

Recommended Posts

Just when you think that they might finally be starting to get a hold on QC, Friday Ford issued a service message about "contamination" of the washer solvent bottles with brake fluid on the 20 Explorer/PIU/Aviator. No build dates included in the message, but brake fluid and paint are a bad combination. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does brake fluid contaminate a windshield cleaner bottle? They next to one another? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

How does brake fluid contaminate a windshield cleaner bottle? They next to one another? 

Some dope could have hooked up the wrong fill machine to the washer bottle on the line. Doubtful but plausible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, YT90SC said:

Just when you think that they might finally be starting to get a hold on QC, Friday Ford issued a service message about "contamination" of the washer solvent bottles with brake fluid on the 20 Explorer/PIU/Aviator. No build dates included in the message, but brake fluid and paint are a bad combination. 


Now just hold on a second because in the Explorer PI Hybrid an article from the Chicago sun times was linked and a person was quoted as saying:

 

"After quality issues last year and a two-month shutdown due to the coronavirus, the company reports its local operations are running 24 hours a day to meet demand.

“We’re really proud of the vehicles we are building in Chicago,” Savona said. “The quality by all available measures has been terrific.”

 

Perhaps they need to reassess.  Acknowledging problems is not a bad thing although I’m very surprised Ford hasn’t come into Chicago with an iron fist and started fixing all the issues.  They need to be aggressive and swift.  I think a lot of higher ups at that plant need to be fired (or be fired a year ago).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FR739 said:


Now just hold on a second because in the Explorer PI Hybrid an article from the Chicago sun times was linked and a person was quoted as saying:

 

"After quality issues last year and a two-month shutdown due to the coronavirus, the company reports its local operations are running 24 hours a day to meet demand.

“We’re really proud of the vehicles we are building in Chicago,” Savona said. “The quality by all available measures has been terrific.”

 

Perhaps they need to reassess.  Acknowledging problems is not a bad thing although I’m very surprised Ford hasn’t come into Chicago with an iron fist and started fixing all the issues.  They need to be aggressive and swift.  I think a lot of higher ups at that plant need to be fired (or be fired a year ago).  


They already replaced the plant manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably an act of sabotage that will never be reported on,,,,

 

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Some dope could have hooked up the wrong fill machine to the washer bottle on the line. Doubtful but plausible. 

Sounds logical.  Or for sure I would believe a plant the size of CAP has bulk systems and both products are received in bulk via tank truck.  If so you would think think QC procedures would require after delivery checks on bulk tanks.

 

Someone has suggested sabotage.  Certainly possible too.  Once again, in all cases -ex sabotage- could procedure should preclude this sort of problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Probably an act of sabotage that will never be reported on,,,,

 

HRG

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. And the way the virus is exploding in Cook County, who knows how much longer that crazy plant will remain open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Sounds logical.  Or for sure I would believe a plant the size of CAP has bulk systems and both products are received in bulk via tank truck.  If so you would think think QC procedures would require after delivery checks on bulk tanks.

 

Someone has suggested sabotage.  Certainly possible too.  Once again, in all cases -ex sabotage- could procedure should preclude this sort of problem.


the more I think about it the less I think that was the case. The brake fill system is a vacuum fill, just like the radiator and air conditioning. No way a washer fluid reservoir would hold a vacuum. If it fails the vacuum test it won't start the fill process. Maybe we're  reading too much into this and it was simply accidental contamination somehow. It doesn't sound like sabotage to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OT: A couple years ago the attendant at the gas dock on our lake told us about the brand new pontoon boat ahead of us that got tired of waiting for the attendant and decided to fill up themselves. They put ten gallons into the potable water tank (ruining it) before the attendant stopped them. That was an expensive mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


the more I think about it the less I think that was the case. The brake fill system is a vacuum fill, just like the radiator and air conditioning. No way a washer fluid reservoir would hold a vacuum. If it fails the vacuum test it won't start the fill process. Maybe we're  reading too much into this and it was simply accidental contamination somehow. It doesn't sound like sabotage to me. 

I thought you were inferring the contamination occurred in the bulk tank that feeds the line.  There was nothing wrong with the fill process/machinery-the contamination occurred  in the supply tank-somehow brakefluid got into the washer supply bulk system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

I thought you were inferring the contamination occurred in the bulk tank that feeds the line.  There was nothing wrong with the fill process/machinery-the contamination occurred  in the supply tank-somehow brakefluid got into the washer supply bulk system.


Is that so? I must have missed that. I got nothing then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Probably an act of sabotage that will never be reported on,,,,

 

HRG

I agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×