2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Any Ford employees out here?  Why won't Ford just install the King Ranch steering wheels on Lariat, Platinum, and Limited (all with adaptive steering), and then replace them later with the correct color?  It would eliminate a lot of frustration.  And what the heck does the color of the wheel have to do with it?  Is it a plastics problem, or a chip problem?

I emailed my salesman today and found out that my scheduled week got pushed back from 9/27 to 10/4 ☹️.

F350 CCSB 6.7 Lariat Ultimate w/ Black Appearance and Fifth Wheel Prep ordered on 4/30. Based on the info from @ice-capades my assumption is the commodity boogie man got me. It is frustrating to watch June, July and now August orders with the same commodities get built ahead of mine, but whatcha gonna do?

I just spoke with my sales rep today regarding my order for a Platinum Diesel Tremor that he submitted on April 17th. He checked during the call and reported that the order status of “UNSCHEDULED CLEAN” hasn’t changed. There is no VIN and no production date. He did change the priority the from 20 to 11 on July 5th.

Can anyone on this forum provide any insight on what is going on with Ford, or advice on what my sales rep could do to get this order back on track?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Willie_from_Texas said:

I just spoke with my sales rep today regarding my order for a Platinum Diesel Tremor that he submitted on April 17th. He checked during the call and reported that the order status of “UNSCHEDULED CLEAN” hasn’t changed. There is no VIN and no production date. He did change the priority the from 20 to 11 on July 5th.

Can anyone on this forum provide any insight on what is going on with Ford, or advice on what my sales rep could do to get this order back on track?

Thanks!

A "20" Priority Code means that your order was placed as a Stock order requiring allocation for scheduling. Changing the Priority Code to "11" on July 5th changed the order type from Stock to Retail and also changed the original order date to July 5th. Unless your Dealer has submitted a copy of your Driver's License and signed Buyer's Order to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) your order will not qualify for incremental allocation and expedited scheduling and will be subject to regular scheduling when the Dealer has allocation. 

Very few sales representatives are familiar with the retail ordering and scheduling process. As such, I always recommend that retail order customers deal directly with the Sales Manager or the individual responsible for managing the dealership's order bank.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

A "20" Priority Code means that your order was placed as a Stock order requiring allocation for scheduling. Changing the Priority Code to "11" on July 5th changed the order type from Stock to Retail and also changed the original order date to July 5th. Unless your Dealer has submitted a copy of your Driver's License and signed Buyer's Order to the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) your order will not qualify for incremental allocation and expedited scheduling and will be subject to regular scheduling when the Dealer has allocation. 

Very few sales representatives are familiar with the retail ordering and scheduling process. As such, I always recommend that retail order customers deal directly with the Sales Manager or the individual responsible for managing the dealership's order bank.     

Thanks Ice-Capades! I shared your response with my sales person. Hopefully we can get this order moving forward.

So I got my window sticker at the beginning of this week. I was able to pull it up from both the Ford tracker site and the Mach E site, but since yesterday, I haven't been able to pull the window sticker up from the Mach E site... all the information still pulls up and it still shows in production, and the Ford tracker site still shows all info and pulls up the window sticker... it's just the Mach E site that the window sticker doesn't work from. Anyone else experience this from just the Mach E site?

And FWIW, on 8/12 my build week was assigned to the week of 9/6, and on 8/27 CybermanD confirmed my build day is 9/7. I have seen several folks have gotten emails getting their dates pushed back, but so far I haven't gotten anything about moving the date... and I'm only 3 days away now! I figure if something was up I wouldn't even be able to pull up my window sticker from the Ford tracker site, but I can with no problem.

So, is it just the Mach E site?

1 hour ago, chadstickpoindexter said:

So I got my window sticker at the beginning of this week. I was able to pull it up from both the Ford tracker site and the Mach E site, but since yesterday, I haven't been able to pull the window sticker up from the Mach E site... all the information still pulls up and it still shows in production, and the Ford tracker site still shows all info and pulls up the window sticker... it's just the Mach E site that the window sticker doesn't work from. Anyone else experience this from just the Mach E site?

And FWIW, on 8/12 my build week was assigned to the week of 9/6, and on 8/27 CybermanD confirmed my build day is 9/7. I have seen several folks have gotten emails getting their dates pushed back, but so far I haven't gotten anything about moving the date... and I'm only 3 days away now! I figure if something was up I wouldn't even be able to pull up my window sticker from the Ford tracker site, but I can with no problem.

So, is it just the Mach E site?

I've not been able to get a ws from the mach-e site for like a week.  Mine has already been built.  I wouldn't worry about that.

28 minutes ago, slowninja14 said:

I've not been able to get a ws from the mach-e site for like a week.  Mine has already been built.  I wouldn't worry about that.

Thanks! That's good to hear, and kind of what I thought... I figure since it was pulling up on the Ford site it was still fine and was likely just a disconnect between the Ford site and the MachE site. 

23 hours ago, Tidesright said:

Ahhh I gotcha. Yeah I got a 1k PCO. Hoping something else comes in. 

called my salesman today to make sure my scheduled day didn’t change. Still slotted for 9/19.

I keep getting a  1k pco on email for a F-150 and Escape or an Excursion but they all say not available on super duty Mustang Exedra Exedra....

I've gotten three of these so far but nothing for a super duty..... and I have not done any searches on those three vehicles at all, and my profile on Ford is set up for super duty only

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

39 minutes ago, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

I keep getting a  1k pco on email for a F-150 and Escape or an Excursion but they all say not available on super duty Mustang Exedra Exedra....

I've gotten three of these so far but nothing for a super duty..... and I have not done any searches on those three vehicles at all, and my profile on Ford is set up for super duty only

Weird yeah I talked to marketing told them I have a super duty on order and she told me I had a 1k PCO. Idk how they figure out who to send them to. 

28 minutes ago, ampmal said:

so what's the issue with Adaptive steering  on platinum's ? why wont they  schedule the build?

There’s a commodity restriction for the Adaptive Steering option and it is preventing production at all trim levels. If you want your truck to have a chance at getting a VIN/production week, you will need to delete the option from your order or wait until the restriction is removed. As of now, Ford has labeled the delay as “Until Further Notice” which means it’s gonna awhile. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Townado said:

There’s a commodity restriction for the Adaptive Steering option and it is preventing production at all trim levels. If you want your truck to have a chance at getting a VIN/production week, you will need to delete the option from your order or wait until the restriction is removed. As of now, Ford has labeled the delay as “Until Further Notice” which means it’s gonna awhile. Hope that helps.

yes just removed it yesterday! but i wonder how much more would the wait be until they start back up building them with Adaptive steering. thank you  

I had my dealer remove the AS a few weeks ago and still didn’t get a VIN. Also I recently seen commodity restrictions on tonneau cover, spray on bed liner and 5th wheel prep kit which I am not willing to remove any of those. So maybe I’ll be waiting long enough to turn this model into a MY23.

• Like 1

Uuuuuughhh!!! I just recd the dreaded email from Ford letting me know my production week has been extended from the week of 9/20 to the week of 9/27. Not a total surprise, but I was hoping to avoid the delays. Original order placed 3/23 on a F450 Lariat Ult. I won’t complain too much, I know lots of people here don’t even have a vin yet but the roller coaster ride is HARD!! I do appreciate the communication to keep me informed, these are uncharted times and everyone is trying to navigate the best they can. Maybe Ford can just ship me a kit like a piece of IKEA furniture and I’ll put it together myself, hmmmmmmm…..