Ford Vehicle Order Tracking - Website Issues

nswan

Checked my Super Duty status yesterday and this morning on the Ford Order Tracking website (https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/). Every time I’ve checked it before, it’s shown the both the exterior and interior color. Now, the interior color has dropped off and the interior images won’t render. The other odd this I noticed is that it’s now showing I have a Tremor package, which I did not order. 

I ordered back in July this year, and finally got a VIN in November. Every time I’ve used the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking website, there has been no issue. But all of a sudden, this weekend, there is this one.

Anyone else having the same issue? Might be a glitch, but it would be quite the shame if my order is somehow compromised.

Edited by nswan

1 hour ago, Fireguy said:

Hopefully the trackers get back to normal.

My truck was sent off site to have 4 wheel well liners installed on 11/26. No updates since .  Trackers still not working, even the window sticker is not available on the Ford Site.

Post the VIN number in the Window Sticker Requests forum and I'll see if I can pull it directly from the FordDirect database. 

• Like 1

Ice-Capades, maybe you can answer this question or anyone else in the know.  Why did Ford shut down it’s site that external trackers used.  We now have to bug you or our dealer to get updates.  Even Ford’s system is screwed up.  It shows everyone getting a SD is getting Tremors.  But of course we are not. 

EE0290B5-AFF1-4602-AF44-C4149FDC01F9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dakkat720 said:

I have a window sticker and an email about how its in production for a week now... but just now when I check it says enter a valid VIN. Sure hope its a glitch, lol

Don't sweat.  Ford tracking has been awful for the past week or more.  It is totally unrelated to the factory producing your truck.  Being in IT, I can guess that some moronic programmer rolled out an update without proper testing.  Why they haven't fixed it yet, or if that person still has a job, is another question. (odds are they still have a job, but their performance review will take a hit)  This is endemic of a lack of formal testing procedures, which should include separate development, test, and production systems, as well as proper UAT.  Clearly they don't do that.  Then again, it's not life and death as it is in my industry.

Edited by ScottK1
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

Don't sweat.  Ford tracking has been awful for the past week or more.  It is totally unrelated to the factory producing your truck.  Being in IT, I can guess that some moronic programmer rolled out an update without proper testing.  Why they haven't fixed it yet, or if that person still has a job, is another question.

Ford's IT department has been nothing short of terrible and/or incompetent for years. After years of experience seeing the regular and routine IT department performance, one can only think that at least part of it is related to ensuring job security! Welcome to corporate America!

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford's IT department has been nothing short of terrible and/or incompetent for years. After years of experience seeing the regular and routine IT department performance, one can only think that at least part of it is related to ensuring job security! 

I updated my post with some more info, but do you think these IT guys are union?  That would explain a lot.

16 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Would that really make a difference? I doubt it. 

Here is my reasoning for that.  I live in the Seattle area where there are many unions - Boeing being one.  Union members cannot be disciplined or fired nearly as easily as normal stupid employees.    That's why I think it matters.   In my company, no one would be fired for a single such incident, but changes would be made.  Clearly Ford is not making those changes yet.  But I think Jim Farley (I''m also an investor and saw him speak live this morning  with Jim Cramer's CNBC investing club, during a board meeting, no less) will make those changes as he figures out where the problems are.

Edited by ScottK1

14 minutes ago, ScottK1 said:

Here is my reasoning for that.  I live in the Seattle area where there are many unions - Boeing being one.  Union members cannot be disciplined or fired nearly as easily as normal stupid employees.    That's why I think it matters.  

Having managed a union workforce for 30 yrs, including a number of years in a shipyard, I most certainly disagree. I had zero difficulties disciplining and/or firing any of the union employees, when their actions/conduct warranted such action. 

If the IT Management is competent, it shouldn't matter is the e/e's are union or not.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rangers09 said:

Having managed a union workforce for 30 yrs, including a number of years in a shipyard, I most certainly disagree. I had zero difficulties disciplining and/or firing any of the union employees, when their actions/conduct warranted such action. 

If the IT Management is competent, it shouldn't matter is the e/e's are union or not.

Good to hear.  It's not what the ling media portrays.  (Remember, I'm in the heart of progressive left media here)

• Like 1