Ford Shipping Times

1 hour ago, slingha said:

This may be too generic of a question because of distances travelled, etc.  

Generally speaking, once a vehicle is completed, what is a rough estimate of shipping time plant to dealer?

My retail order 2013 & 2016 F-350's were delivered in 2 to 3 weeks, to the West Coast (Metro Vancouver). Once my F-450 is built, I figure on 2 to 4 weeks.

I got my ‘99 f-150 in 1 day.  Of course, I’m only a couple hundred miles from the old Norfolk, VA plant where it was built.

A coworker ordered a Fusion.  That took several months to get here from the time it was built.  He tracked it and it definitely took the scenic route.

22 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

My retail order 2013 & 2016 F-350's were delivered in 2 to 3 weeks, to the West Coast (Metro Vancouver). Once my F-450 is built, I figure on 2 to 4 weeks.

I'm in Metro Van as well, betting 6-8 weeks for my F250.

2 hours ago, KKosi said:

I'm in Metro Van as well, betting 6-8 weeks for my F250.

Definitely a possibility, but I'm hoping for 4 wks or better. One benefit I have, is the dealer is only 3 miles from where they come off the train.

Since I still don't have a VIN, 8 wks shipping would definitely put a dent in our RV plans.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, Rangers09 said:

Definitely a possibility, but I'm hoping for 4 wks or better. One benefit I have, is the dealer is only 3 miles from where they come off the train.

Since I still don't have a VIN, 8 wks shipping would definitely put a dent in our RV plans.

I like your optimism! So I'll hope for the truck getting here sooner. Where do they off load the trains?

11 hours ago, KKosi said:

I like your optimism! So I'll hope for the truck getting here sooner. Where do they off load the trains?

PoCo Railyard, which I believe is actually on the Pitt Meadows side of the river at Kennedy Road inter-modal.

Assuming RA8B is the discharge ramp.

Edited by Rangers09

32 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Going back to Fusion days, it seems to me it always took longer for vehicles built in Mexico to get here, especially to Midwest. Seems to be happening to Bronco Sport and Maverick. They just dribble into Eastern dealers. Probably better on West Coast. 

Can't explain why, but when I put in Detroit-area zip codes (I use 48025) there seems to be much more Maverick inventory shown than anywhere else I look.

HRG

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good place to add built on 2/9 email from Ford on the 10th, 2 weeks today no truck. The email said delivery between 2/14 and 2/21, only 1-1/2 hours away from the plant. No news from the dealership, come on this wait is harder than the build wait. Or did the truck become lost or damaged before loading? 

Has there been any delivered trucks built on the 9th of February?

On 2/6/2022 at 6:48 PM, HotRunrGuy said:

Can't explain why, but when I put in Detroit-area zip codes (I use 48025) there seems to be much more Maverick inventory shown than anywhere else I look.

HRG

Dealers here will show all the inventory on the website even though they are customer orders or are already a sold, rarely hide things. Bill Brown doesn't have 509 Vehicles on their lot, they are all customer orders; Bill Brown also stopped doing out of state purchases. 

Edited by jasonj80

• 3 weeks later...