2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

58 minutes ago, 22Tremor said:

Went in to see the Sales Manger on Friday and he verified that my truck does indeed have the Tremor step bars and not the Powered Steps that I requested with the salesman.  The order sheet does not show either so I am not sure how I was supposed to verify that option.  With the VIN already assigned it is too late to correct anything and I have a build date of 7/18.  He was stating 5 week delivery for the end of August if everything goes perfect.  So now I am thinking, it might be best to walk away from this truck, wait a month and order MY 2023 and get the truck I want with all of the options I want and hopefully the MC Seats.  Then he said I lost price protection when I removed the spray in, fifth wheel prep, and tonneau cover based on the salesman's recommendation.  I told him I didn't change the engine type or trim package so I should still be covered. Got the shoulder shrug and the comment that he would check on it.  If I do go the 2023 route I will be looking for a new dealership for sure!

If anyone has any suggestions I am looking for ideas on this.

I noticed the same thing on my order. I specified power running boards when I ordered my F250 Platinum Tremor. Low and behold, when I got my VIN, the order was showing fixed running boards. I spoke to my dealer who then told me that power running boards were not available for the Tremor package. I called Ford to verify that they were an option, then called the dealer again to push harder, telling him to get it fixed.

The Ford rep happened to be making a visit the next day and he/she sorted it out for me. My order is now showing power running boards again. Scheduled build week is June 27th.

56 minutes ago, King ranch 62 said:

yes I think you’re right.  I don’t know what game he’s playing. You would think he would want the truck built and delivered so he can make some money off of me. Or he’s not managing his orders properly. I guess I’m going to have to drive the 100 miles round trip and go and pressure him to give me all of the correct info that I need. Thanks ice-capades?

Unfortunately, there are far too many Dealers that don't manage their orders properly or bother to communicate with their retail order customers with status updates or accurate information. It's inexcusable that you have to drive 100 miles, round trip or otherwise, in order to get answers or information that you require. With having to go through all that effort, just make sure you're dealing directly with the sales manager. If you're not satisfied, don't hesitate to talk to the general manager or even the Dealer Principal. 

44 minutes ago, JeffSpencer said:

My dealer also knew nothing of the MC seat delete. really is remarkable how clueless some of these folks are.

Clueless by design! It's easier to plead lack of knowledge or just tell the customer what they think they want to hear. It may not be easy at the time, but you never get in trouble by telling the truth. It's always the coverup that gets someone in trouble!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, there are far too many Dealers that don't manage their orders properly or bother to communicate with their retail order customers with status updates or accurate information. It's inexcusable that you have to drive 100 miles, round trip or otherwise, in order to get answers or information that you require. With having to go through all that effort, just make sure you're dealing directly with the sales manager. If you're not satisfied, don't hesitate to talk to the general manager or even the Dealer Principal. 

Thanks for the advice ?

On 6/11/2022 at 6:40 AM, Monoman said:

Congrats on getting a big step closer! 

Yes it is my understanding that green stickers are retail/COVP orders.  Since Ford has only been producing COVP for a while now it makes sense that your sticker is green.  If your order was originally entered as something other than COVP the dealer would have had to convert it to COVP no later than 4/1.  I have no idea if the sticker has the order date encoded on it somewhere.  You might need to see the VVR to know the original order date. 

So my dealer screwed up and never verified mine until 4/25/22 and original order was 9/25/21. So I guess since they didn’t verify it before 4/1 then I’m pretty much SOL? Is this what I should be thinking right now?

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Clueless by design! It's easier to plead lack of knowledge or just tell the customer what they think they want to hear. It may not be easy at the time, but you never get in trouble by telling the truth. It's always the coverup that gets someone in trouble!

Sounds like some of these dealers know Dick Nixon!

Edited by Danover321

My truck that I ordered has been showing as in production for the last 2 weeks. I have had a window sticker for pretty much the same amount of time. Now when I try to load the window sticker it tells me this vehicle has not yet had a window sticker released? Has anyone had this before? Is it just a glitch or?

Edited by Yukon77

7 hours ago, JeffSpencer said:

I noticed the same thing on my order. I specified power running boards when I ordered my F250 Platinum Tremor. Low and behold, when I got my VIN, the order was showing fixed running boards. I spoke to my dealer who then told me that power running boards were not available for the Tremor package. I called Ford to verify that they were an option, then called the dealer again to push harder, telling him to get it fixed.

The Ford rep happened to be making a visit the next day and he/she sorted it out for me. My order is now showing power running boards again. Scheduled build week is June 27th.

Any chance your rep would help me out?? LOL I have zero faith in my dealer at this point.

3 hours ago, Yukon77 said:

My truck that I ordered has been showing as in production for the last 2 weeks. I have had a window sticker for pretty much the same amount of time. Now when I try to load the window sticker it tells me this vehicle has not yet had a window sticker released? Has anyone had this before? Is it just a glitch or?

It's a glitch. Don't read into the window sticker appearing and reappearing. If it is still in production it is probably still waiting on a module or other component. Your dealer should be able to give you a better idea through the visibility report. 

6 hours ago, Rockfj40 said:

So my dealer screwed up and never verified mine until 4/25/22 and original order was 9/25/21. So I guess since they didn’t verify it before 4/1 then I’m pretty much SOL? Is this what I should be thinking right now?

I really have no idea if it was after 4/1.  Icecapades and others on here may know.  I would be talking to the sales manager and Ford customer service.

16 hours ago, Rockfj40 said:

Without going back through all the Ford notices, this is a matter that should have been addressed with the Dealer long ago. If the deadline was missed, the Dealer should have immediately contacted their Ford Zone Manager for assistance. There's no excuse for the Dealer not getting the order COVP verified long ago. 

Edited by ice-capades
Typo
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, bpete12 said:

Anybody with the 6/13 build week get window stickers or tracker movement yet?

Good Morning,

I got the window sticker on Friday the 10th with a build date of the 16th. Batch number is 6499  162/549. I hope it sticks. 

4 hours ago, BIGBLKDRW said:

Good Morning,

I got the window sticker on Friday the 10th with a build date of the 16th. Batch number is 6499  162/549. I hope it sticks. 

I have a 6/13 build week.  I received the “In Production” status and window sticker Thursday 6/9.  Where do you see the build date, batch #, and 162/549?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, 2504now said:

I have a 6/13 build week.  I received the “In Production” status and window sticker Thursday 6/9.  Where do you see the build date, batch #, and 162/549?  Thanks!

The saleslady at dealership gave me the build date when she sent me the window sticker. The batch and sequence numbers are on the top left next to the vin number. I have looked for some type of key, online, that could decipher all the other numbers/letters but no luck. I wouldn't be surprised if the scheduled build date is hidden on the window sticker somewhere. Maybe someone on the thread knows?   

Edited by BIGBLKDRW

32 minutes ago, BIGBLKDRW said:

The saleslady at dealership gave me the build date when she sent me the window sticker. The batch and sequence numbers are on the top left next to the vin number. I have looked for some type of key, online, that could decipher all the other numbers/letters but no luck. I wouldn't be surprised if the scheduled build date is hidden on the window sticker somewhere. Maybe someone on the thread knows?   

Thanks.  My batch and sequence are different, even with same build week.

2022 F-250.PNG

46 minutes ago, DNICE said:

Has anyone received a PCO recently. My hopes are fading…

I received one in middle of May.   It will be useless as it expires July 7th and no way I will get truck scheduled,

built and shipped by then.  

It would be nice if Ford would recognize when they give out PCO’s to customers with a vehicle on order (12/7/21) that they would waive the expiration date.    Seems like the right thing to to to keep customers who have been waiting for months happy. 

3 hours ago, RFT2112 said:

I received one in middle of May.   It will be useless as it expires July 7th and no way I will get truck scheduled,

built and shipped by then.  

It would be nice if Ford would recognize when they give out PCO’s to customers with a vehicle on order (12/7/21) that they would waive the expiration date.    Seems like the right thing to to to keep customers who have been waiting for months happy. 

Does the fine print say order, purchase, or take delivery by the July date?  From what I have seen on here and other forums, PCOs do not require you to take delivery by the date specified.   A good dealer should take care of it for you. 

Edited by Monoman