Mud Flap Options?

I have a F-350 XLT CC SW 4x4 ordered and it is scheduled to be built the week of 4/18.  I dropped wheel liners and splash guards to help get it scheduled and it seemed to work.  I am now looking at mud flap options and I'm not really liking the factory style splash guards.  I like the look of the Gatorback mud flaps.  They are pretty pricey but do look nice to me.  Has anyone gone with these?  Any other suggestions? 

Super Duty 2017-2022 Gatorback Splash Guards Rear Pair w/ Stainless St ~ VHC3Z16A550M (ford.com)

The dealer is going to order and install the wheel liners when the truck comes in.  I am thinking of having them also install the Gatorback flaps at that time.

Thanks

My 2022 F350 King has the stock Ford mudflaps,  this pic is after 3600 miles,  9 months old.  Not happy!  I think having the auto deploy steps look nice but when they

hang out they protect the back of the truck.  Both side look like this.  I have DuraFlaps in the garage,  I think they hang down deeper on the fronts.  I'll get a pic of my King Ranch DuraFlaps.  I bought them almost 20 years ago,  just kept moving them onto each new truck till this one.  Rob

20220331_092658.jpg

I agree, fixed running boards add some extra protection for sure.  My Explorer Limited had the automatic running boards and I had the option of leaving them deployed if I wanted, so after more than a few rock chips, I just left them down all the time.  As it turns out, due to the environmental conditions here in the Northeast, the pivots seized after a while and they remained permanently deployed until I traded it in for my F150.  If I recall, it was something like $1,200 per side to replace the power running boards, so lesson learned, never again!

d232799

"My 2022 F350 King has the stock Ford mudflaps,  this pic is after 3600 miles,  9 months old.  Not happy!  I think having the auto deploy steps look nice but when they

hang out they protect the back of the truck.  Both side look like this."

Great......... I ordered the powered running boards and factory mud flaps.   Your experience tells me I won't like my choice, even though I like the look better!   Anyway, thanks for sharing the photo and the information!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 3/28/2022 at 9:00 AM, boarslayer said:

I went with Duraflap cause the rears hang a little lower than the Gatorbacks plus I got wider ones for the front.  I wanted better rock protection for the RV.  The pictures compare the stock flaps to the new ones.

Those look great.  May I ask what size you went with?  I believe they offer a 15" and a 17" length.  

On 3/27/2022 at 2:40 PM, troublemaker427 said:

I have a F-350 XLT CC SW 4x4 ordered and it is scheduled to be built the week of 4/18.  I dropped wheel liners and splash guards to help get it scheduled and it seemed to work.  I am now looking at mud flap options and I'm not really liking the factory style splash guards.  I like the look of the Gatorback mud flaps.  They are pretty pricey but do look nice to me.  Has anyone gone with these?  Any other suggestions? 

Super Duty 2017-2022 Gatorback Splash Guards Rear Pair w/ Stainless St ~ VHC3Z16A550M (ford.com)

The dealer is going to order and install the wheel liners when the truck comes in.  I am thinking of having them also install the Gatorback flaps at that time.

Thanks

I have these exact mudflaps on my '22 F-250, and they look great!  They are a little spendy, but they are solid and pretty easy to install.  I recommend them.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:13 PM, Kirbdog44 said:

anybody have experience running mudflaps with a leveling kit and 37's? afraid they might rub on the fronts.

I went with Rex Gen flaps for my lifted F350 with 37’s. Expensive but they have a unique no-drill mounting system that allows a lot of variance in how you choose to position them. They also have a setback for clearance while turning. Even so, I’m not sure they will clear 37’s with just a leveling kit. 

on my two classic Fords I’m a huge fan of Dura Flap. A classic look and great customer service. 

F2341D28-5CCD-42A3-876A-A74B252D6CA2.jpeg

8BD83E96-BB06-4BAF-AD48-49B6578CEF99.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2022 at 3:40 PM, troublemaker427 said:

Thanks

I also have essentially the same Gatorback mud flaps on my F-150. I do like them and plan to get the same (or at least the same style) for my next truck.

• 1 month later...