2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

On 7/10/2023 at 4:06 PM, brockb961 said:

If my truck is listed for production this week, should it have been updated by now with a specific production day?  Not sure if the day is ever shown or you just know it might be built that week.

For me, my truck was scheduled for production 7/20, then a few days ago it got bumped up a day to 7/19, and when I checked it today (7/12) it got bumped back to 7/21 but now shows "In Production." ?‍♀️

The sense I get from my experience but also hearing of others' is that these scheduling reports on the order tracking website are just estimates. Think of it as a guideline rather than a rule. It'll get you in the ballpark.

1 hour ago, CharlieKelley said:

For me, my truck was scheduled for production 7/20, then a few days ago it got bumped up a day to 7/19, and when I checked it today (7/12) it got bumped back to 7/21 but now shows "In Production." ?‍♀️

The sense I get from my experience but also hearing of others' is that these scheduling reports on the order tracking website are just estimates. Think of it as a guideline rather than a rule. It'll get you in the ballpark.

It’s not an estimate when it’s assigned.  Normally once it gets scheduled that’s when it gets built.  Unfortunately we’re not in normal times so as parts become more available or less available they have to shift the dates around.

12 hours ago, CharlieKelley said:

Production schedules this close to production are not estimates, but an actual plan that is based on the information available at that time. With the current supply chain challenges, the production plan is continuously updated, as resource availability changes.

Showing "In Production" today for a build day ot 21/7 is normal. The orders are sent to the plant and show as being in production about 9 days before the completion date. This has been discussed multiple times in this and other forums.

Finally got a schedule build week! Order entered 10/28. Email came from Ford on 7/13 at 9:04 AM EDT, for a week in mid August with the VIN.

Tracking website doesn’t show a “Scheduled Week of” yet, even though the email did. Guess that’ll update soon.

F-350 Lariat, SRW, 6.7 Diesel, Lariat Ultimate, Moonroof, Max Recline, 5th wheel prep, ProPower.

Edited by NewbRvNomad
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, NewbRvNomad said:

Finally got a schedule build week! Order entered 10/28. Email came from Ford on 7/13 at 9:04 AM EDT, for a week in mid August with the VIN.

Tracking website doesn’t show a “Scheduled Week of” yet, even though the email did. Guess that’ll update soon.

F-350 Lariat, SRW, 6.7 Diesel, Lariat Ultimate, Moonroof, Max Recline, 5th wheel prep, ProPower.

That's great!  I finally received a notice today as well with a mid-August production date!  

Ordered 10/28   F350 Lariat, LWB , SRW, 7.3L , Lariat Ultimate, Moonroof, 4.30 , ProPower, & Winch.    I had the dealer remove Max Recline, wheel well liners, and All-weather floormats from my order to help the scheduling but probably should have left them on based on yours having the max recline and getting scheduled.

8 hours ago, ZZ4X4 said:

That's great!  I finally received a notice today as well with a mid-August production date!  

Ordered 10/28   F350 Lariat, LWB , SRW, 7.3L , Lariat Ultimate, Moonroof, 4.30 , ProPower, & Winch.    I had the dealer remove Max Recline, wheel well liners, and All-weather floormats from my order to help the scheduling but probably should have left them on based on yours having the max recline and getting scheduled.

Oh bummer. I removed all that stuff too, but when I found out last week that Max Recline was no longer constrained, I added it back on Monday…just in time!

On 7/13/2023 at 12:17 PM, ZZ4X4 said:

Has the Ford tracking website update for you?  Still no update for mine. (I know it’s a maybe it will/maybe it won’t scenario.)

Also got scheduled this week. The sun, moon and a galaxy far far away all aligned. Ordered F250 platinum 12/1/21 (yes, 2021). Rolled to a 23 in Nov 22. Scheduled for Aug 21st. Will believe when I see it, but progress over perfection I suppose. Excited to finally se the next step.

The tracking website hasn't updated for me yet and I've confirmed with another wanna be owner that they didn't see an update on their tracking page yet either.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NewbRvNomad said:

Has the Ford tracking website update for you?  Still no update for mine. (I know it’s a maybe it will/maybe it won’t scenario.)

Same here. No updates or window sticker on the order tracking website so far. I'm sure it will populate soon. ?

57 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the latest status information. Make your Dealer do their job!

I already have been, and they see the same as what was in the email. I simply want to see for myself. I know how systems don’t update simultaneously and all that, so not concerned. Just like having the info. 

1 hour ago, NewbRvNomad said:

I already have been, and they see the same as what was in the email. I simply want to see for myself. I know how systems don’t update simultaneously and all that, so not concerned. Just like having the info. 

Your dealer always has the latest info if they’re willing to look it up.

Thanks for sharing. Expectedly not too much different in the 24 vs 23.  I'm sure I was focused on my 450 Lariat Ult trim level, etc so it wasn't a comprehensive review but I noticed Lane Centering and Trailer Reverse Guidance seem to be new additions. Also, they seem to have changed the tail lights to be halogen with LED reverse rather than the 23s said LED taillights and then people were saying they were receiving halogen.

First, I would like to thank all for the helpful info over the last year and a half.

I have a F450 KR  on order . Ordered November 2021. Rolled over like most.

As of last week clean and unscheduled. MC seats were removed long ago.

I bet the next month will be intresting for all of us with ond roll overs.

Thanks again for the info. 

What's really bizarre is the constraints on 19.5" tires, which are on the f450. I'm in the same boat. F450 KR. There's supposed to be scheduling up until Aug 3 then I'm guessing a pause or clean up scheduling until 24MY starts. The good thing is at least 24MY will be scheduling all trim levels throughoutbthe production cycle.

20 hours ago, Firedog99t said:

First, I would like to thank all for the helpful info over the last year and a half.

I have a F450 KR  on order . Ordered November 2021. Rolled over like most.

As of last week clean and unscheduled. MC seats were removed long ago.

I bet the next month will be intresting for all of us with ond roll overs.

Thanks again for the info. 

Wow

Two years?

It’s unfortunate but the Granger rep just shared (on another forum) that 3% of 450s will be built in 24 due to constraints.  That includes all trim levels.

I have reordered a 24 but I’m pretty much done at this juncture.  

if you think you will get a KR or higher in 2024 you might want to rethink that.  

IMG_4809.jpeg

Edited by Big_Daddy

7 hours ago, ImmortalJman said:

What's really bizarre is the constraints on 19.5" tires, which are on the f450. I'm in the same boat. F450 KR. There's supposed to be scheduling up until Aug 3 then I'm guessing a pause or clean up scheduling until 24MY starts. The good thing is at least 24MY will be scheduling all trim levels throughoutbthe production cycle.

Even going back to the 22 MY, the wheels/tires on the F-450 were a constraint item a number of weeks. Mine did get built, so I am thoroughly enjoying my F-450 KRU, so keep the faith and hopefully you'll receive yours soon. Good luck.

On 7/19/2023 at 2:48 PM, Big_Daddy said:

Wow

Two years?

It’s unfortunate but the Granger rep just shared (on another forum) that 3% of 450s will be built in 24 due to constraints.  That includes all trim levels.

if you think you will get a KR or higher in 2024 you might want to rethink that.  

IMG_4809.jpeg

I think you are reading it wrong.  3% of all Super Duties built could be F450s in 2024.  That is Ford's prediction.  Forecasting is very complicated for vehicle makers.   They take the maximum number of vehicles the factory can build in perfect conditions and start subtracting from that based on

* estimates for employee turnover, sick days, no shows, etc.

* estimates for production line issues 

* estimates for supplier side issues affecting all Super Duty models

* estimates for supplier side issues affecting all models and options (trim lines, packages, etc)

Combine that information with sales projections for each model and trim to determine what they can and should produce.  They also need to calculate dealer allocations and then communicate all of this information to the dealerships to make it official.    Undoubtedly some stuff will change and people will complain.

I am sure it is much more complicated than my simple description. I wouldn't want the job.   

On 7/19/2023 at 2:48 PM, Big_Daddy said:

Wow

Two years?

IMG_4809.jpeg

Unless Ford has changed its communications process with dealerships, the only time that dealerships were informed what their allocation was for the upcoming Model Year was for specialty or limited production models such as the F-150 Raptor or Shelby Mustangs. Otherwise, allocation was only revealed on a monthly basis as part of the "Wholesale Allocation" process. Perhaps someone at the dealership level can confirm whether Ford has changed its communications. 

I heard that these were given out to dealers shortly after the last video cast about the Maverick and Super Duty 24MY. I believe that's how FordVideoGuy from Long McArthur described it as well. The pic is identical to the one I received from my dealer today in fact, except the numbers are different for expected allocations.

• Like 1

I guess if someone really needs a truck, they will have to prioritize “need” instead of want, and should stay away from the high-liner trims. 
I store my truck during the winter, so my 2020 is still basically new with less than 19K on the meter.
If it doesn’t happen in 24’ for me, we’ll try again for a 25’. 

My dealer told me that I am at the head of the line, and I have a personal relationship with them, so I’m slightly confident. LOL.