2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

I checked with a chev dealer, for what its worth, he said there was an 8-10 weeks for a High Country.  If that is true, I'd get the HC  before my 23 King Ranch, which was confirmed on 10-30-22.  I changed the KR's motor to a 6.7 HO from a 7.3 the first week in March.  The dealer then said that there were no constraints on the truck then.

I'm going to start a pool to see if the 23 comes in after the 24s are produced.  Incidentally, there can't be much of a change since they stop 23 production one day and the 24s the next.

15 hours ago, Yankst28 said:

Sweet so dealer doesn’t even know what the heck is going on. Seriously considering just ordering a Ram longhorn or GMC Denali. Both of them aren’t having any issues getting trucks to the lots in a timely manner. 

They all have issues.  My friend has been waiting 9 months for GMC to honor their IOU on missing parts.  

• Like 2

Ordered a 23 on 10/31/22. F450 Limited, HO, moonroof, bedliner, 5th wheel package.  Got the conformation from Ford. Received the 1st. 45 day update, got a 2nd 45 day update. Nothing since. Dealer is clueless.  Priority 19, said its the only code they can use. Thinking it's not going to happen by mid to End of July based on reading everything on here. If so, will order a 24 as soon as it's available in mid July. Crazy disappointing from Ford. Especially lots of guys on here with 22 carryovers. Communication from Ford would help ease the pain, and allow for future decisions. Seems most are in the same boat.

1 hour ago, Bow Yeti said:

Ordered a 23 on 10/31/22. F450 Limited, HO, moonroof, bedliner, 5th wheel package.  Got the conformation from Ford. Received the 1st. 45 day update, got a 2nd 45 day update. Nothing since. Dealer is clueless.  Priority 19, said its the only code they can use. Thinking it's not going to happen by mid to End of July based on reading everything on here. If so, will order a 24 as soon as it's available in mid July. Crazy disappointing from Ford. Especially lots of guys on here with 22 carryovers. Communication from Ford would help ease the pain, and allow for future decisions. Seems most are in the same boat.

Your e-mail address has to be attached to the order in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and the order registered and verified in the COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) in order to receive communications from Ford. If you've received the order confirmation and 45-day status update e-mails you're all set then.

Priority 19 is the default priority code for retail orders in the WBDO system. Dealers must manually assign a lower priority code (10-18) which takes only a few clicks of the mouse! Yes, your Dealer is clueless is they don't know how to perform basic WBDO operations!

Edited by ice-capades

1 hour ago, Bow Yeti said:

I'm frustrated too. I ordered on 10/27, and the moonroof is the only major constrained item I'm aware of on my build, yet I'm still waiting. But I can see why Ford isn't more communicative; a lot of people treat open communication from a company as an invitation to negotiate, which just isn't possible the number of people impatiently waiting. A statement like "I ordered my Lariat with moonroof in March and I just got a build date!" while I hear "Sorry, you have constrained items, just gotta wait" makes my eyes water; it's a hard pill to swallow and Ford almost certainly doesn't want to hear my arm-chair logistical expertise on how they can get to my truck faster. :)

2 hours ago, Mylriahd said:

I'm frustrated too. I ordered on 10/27, and the moonroof is the only major constrained item I'm aware of on my build, yet I'm still waiting. But I can see why Ford isn't more communicative; a lot of people treat open communication from a company as an invitation to negotiate, which just isn't possible the number of people impatiently waiting. A statement like "I ordered my Lariat with moonroof in March and I just got a build date!" while I hear "Sorry, you have constrained items, just gotta wait" makes my eyes water; it's a hard pill to swallow and Ford almost certainly doesn't want to hear my arm-chair logistical expertise on how they can get to my truck faster. :)

I will be very surprised if the panoramic roof is the only major constraint, based on the weekly information that was posted in BOF until last year. When the Ford weekly updates to dealers were posted, it usually included multiple items, which changed weekly. One week the constraints for my F-450 included wheels, dually truck bed, engine, panoramic roof, 5th wheel hitch prep, bed liner, and the following week they changed.

All dealers have ready access to the information and reports, so as customers of a dealer, we should have no need to receive updates directly from Ford. Since my Sales Manager was on holiday and unable to provide updates, I tried Ford chat for the first time for DW's Escape order and receive no more information than I can get from the public trackers. As soon as my Sales Manager returned he sent a screen shot with latest info. Therefore, dealers have access to the latest info and as customers we need to make them provide customer service.

• Like 2

Now have access to window sticker. It states Convoy delivery rather than Rail as I would have expected for a South Florida delivery. A search for a definition of Convoy said delivery by rail. That is contradictory. Can anyone describe what Convoy delivery means? I hope it does not mean driven a thousand miles in a convoy.

F250 Super Crew Lariat 7.3L

Order Confirmed 2/28, now in production.

7 hours ago, svtotem said:

Now have access to window sticker. It states Convoy delivery rather than Rail as I would have expected for a South Florida delivery. A search for a definition of Convoy said delivery by rail. That is contradictory. Can anyone describe what Convoy delivery means? I hope it does not mean driven a thousand miles in a convoy.

F250 Super Crew Lariat 7.3L

Order Confirmed 2/28, now in production.

Convoy means Semi truck delivery to dealer from plant 

• Like 1

Is there a date on order close for the 23's? My build below, if trim/options matter. 

2023 F250 SD XLT CREW CAB 8' LONG BED 4x4

Antimatter Blue Metallic exterior
Baja color interior

HO 6.7 Diesel
3.31 electronic locking diff
Splash guard/mud flap front/rear
Wheel well liner-front only
Drop in bedliner
Upfitter switches

I’m not sure why some of you are frustrated..

You should know the deal. It’s 2023, not 2018. 

I ordered my Limited back in October as well.

My dealer told me explicitly..something I all ready knew…don’t expect it for a year, and anything sooner is a gift. 
On the top trims, priority code means nothing. Everything entered went to 99, and no one can change the pick order, except for the regional field manager who can not control commodity availability anyway.
It comes when it comes, and I really couldn’t care less what GM or Ram’s timeline is. 
I don’t need info, or my hand held to deal with what I can not control. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OX1 said:

Is there a date on order close for the 23's? My build below, if trim/options matter. 

2023 F250 SD XLT CREW CAB 8' LONG BED 4x4

Antimatter Blue Metallic exterior
Baja color interior

HO 6.7 Diesel
3.31 electronic locking diff
Splash guard/mud flap front/rear
Wheel well liner-front only
Drop in bedliner
Upfitter switches

I don't know what the retail order bank status is but the Balance Out Date for 2023 Super Duty production at KTP is 10/01/2023. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

I ordered my Limited back in October as well.

My dealer told me explicitly..something I all ready knew…don’t expect it for a year, and anything sooner is a gift. 
On the top trims, priority code means nothing. Everything entered went to 99, and no one can change the pick order, except for the regional field manager who can not control commodity availability anyway.
It comes when it comes, and I really couldn’t care less what GM or Ram’s timeline is. 
I don’t need info, or my hand held to deal with what I can not control. 

Priority Code 99 = Do Not Schedule

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Priority Code 99 = Do Not Schedule

Correct.

As explained to me, Every upper level trim order (job 2), no matter what priority code designation assigned by the dealer was automatically changed to Priority 99 upon receipt for J2.. 

Then, Ford schedules them as commodities become available. 

My truck being a Limited…It’s going to be a year…bank on it and there will be no frustration. Anything sooner is pure luck. 
It sucks, but it is reality.

Edited by George C

34 minutes ago, George C said:

Correct.

As explained to me, Every upper level trim order (job 2), no matter what priority code designation assigned by the dealer was automatically changed to Priority 99 upon receipt for J2.. 

My truck being a Limited…It’s going to be a year…bank on it and there will be no frustration. Anything sooner is pure luck. 

Not exactly.  They use 99 so the scheduler ignores it, but when job 2 starts scheduling the dealer has to change the priority to 10-19, not Ford.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, George C said:

Simply put, when I went into the Ford Dealer on Oct 28 and ordered my King Ranch, I expected it to be delivered as "this years model, not last years."  With maybe few exceptions, the soonest that I've seen posted and heard of the KR, Plats, and Limited  builds  is late July.   I expected my truck to be delivered early July, because that is what I was told.  July was 9 months out from the order date.  If Ford is taking these massive amounts of orders, (remember they were bragging about the amount), the responsibility is theirs in filling the orders that they solicited.  Those first KR, Plat, and LImited builds will be delivered after Ford is taking orders for the MY 24 super duties, and probably after the 24s are scheduled for production.  

Every interaction that I've had with Ford asks if I trust them.  The answer is simple.  No.  When a company isn't trusted, or do what they say they are going to do (i.e. 45 day letter promise) one becomes frustrated.     

Edited by Smurf830

18 months and one day on my 22 Limited that rolled over and 6 months 6 days for a 23 Limited order. Seems likley I will not get a '23 either given the way the timing is starting to play out.. Not sure why 23 limited orders have been put into production ahead of the 22 roll overs. It is disapointying when we were told 6-9 months 18 months ago.. Both orders are clear. Almost zero comunication from Ford on either order. I have checked with Ford directly that my contact information is caccurate. When you drive a lot as a part of your job it is very fristrating and makes planning diffuclt as you try to run a business.. 

13 hours ago, George C said:

Correct.

It sucks, but it is reality.

Yes, Ford has changed certain orders to priority code "99" which is disclosed to Dealers in advance. I just wanted to let others know what the "99" priority code meant. 

14 hours ago, Smurf830 said:

Simply put, when I went into the Ford Dealer on Oct 28 and ordered my King Ranch, I expected it to be delivered as "this years model, not last years."  With maybe few exceptions, the soonest that I've seen posted and heard of the KR, Plats, and Limited  builds  is late July.   I expected my truck to be delivered early July, because that is what I was told.  July was 9 months out from the order date.  If Ford is taking these massive amounts of orders, (remember they were bragging about the amount), the responsibility is theirs in filling the orders that they solicited.  Those first KR, Plat, and LImited builds will be delivered after Ford is taking orders for the MY 24 super duties, and probably after the 24s are scheduled for production.  

Every interaction that I've had with Ford asks if I trust them.  The answer is simple.  No.  When a company isn't trusted, or do what they say they are going to do (i.e. 45 day letter promise) one becomes frustrated.     

I'll suggest your dealer is the one who can't be trusted.

Ford have stated since the Dealer Order Guides were released for the 23 SD that higher trim levels would not be available until Job 2 and that order bank didn't technically open until Feb 23 (as per DOG). So although you provided an order in October,  Job 2 builds weren't planned until about April. Considering the hold overs from the 22 MY and any orders at your dealer ahead of yours, I'm surprised your dealer advised early July delivery, as that would require an early build once Job 2 started.

What model and options did you order, as those can significantly delay scheduling.

So hate being that guy but I’m considering placing a second order in hopes a lariat would get built quicker than the Platinum order I submitted last November. Just concerned the Platinum won’t get built and I really need a diesel again before next February when I have a big trip planned. 

With that being said does anyone know what the major differences are between sport appearance package and black appearance package is? I can’t find it anywhere and the dealer I talked to said they weren’t positive but they didn’t think there was a big difference. 

34 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

So hate being that guy but I’m considering placing a second order in hopes a lariat would get built quicker than the Platinum order I submitted last November. Just concerned the Platinum won’t get built and I really need a diesel again before next February when I have a big trip planned. 

With that being said does anyone know what the major differences are between sport appearance package and black appearance package is? I can’t find it anywhere and the dealer I talked to said they weren’t positive but they didn’t think there was a big difference. 

My lariat has the sport package the only thing I think is different is the rims I was going to go with the black appearance package but didn’t like the rim style on the black appearance as I did on the sport pack… if that helps 

39 minutes ago, Yankst28 said:

Your Dealer is just being lazy or incompetent. That information is included in the order guide which is available for download in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

• Like 1